HOWTO remove laggers from the game

IF somebody start to play with a ping 80-90 and IN GAME ping is increased to 600-10000 (especially in mutant mode games (MM, HM, HMX etc.)) - player MUST get an error and WILL be disconnected from a room for a error.
I think, what players in that modes like to use fake lagging to get advantage in game (for mass strike, when they are mutants).

Comments

• People already get errored out after being disconnected a prolonged amount of time.

Doing it in a shorter timespan will just kick players out which don't have the most stable of connections.
  • Well, knowing the servers, you dc and get a lot of errors anyway even if your ping is good. Or maybe that's just me.
  • Status Pings Restriction has been suggested many times before, it really would be a great idea to implement into our game, but after years of asking in-vain, I doubt it will ever come-by.

If it were to come by miracle, it would be nice if it had a modest rule like the following:
    Pingers/Spikers above 200 status for over 10 seconds, would disconnect/get kicked by the Room or Server, automatically.
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    Status Pings Restriction has been suggested many times before, it really would be a great idea to implement into our game, but after years of asking in-vain, I doubt it will ever come-by.

If it were to come by miracle, it would be nice if it had a modest rule like the following:
    Pingers/Spikers above 200 status for over 10 seconds, would disconnect/get kicked by the Room or Server, automatically.

That wouldnt really work because there are players in the UK servers who have a stable 200+ ping due to their location, which isn't their fault. .,,and telling them to stop playing the game or go to another version would be unfair, especially if they spent money on this game.
    No matter what happens, the most simple solution, which probably won't happen, is for a middle east server. These ping restriction idea's, as good as they sound to us players with low ping, will just cause more issues for 75% of the UK players. Especially as the servers seem unstable recently.
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    Status Pings Restriction has been suggested many times before, it really would be a great idea to implement into our game, but after years of asking in-vain, I doubt it will ever come-by.

Above 200 ping? RIP NA servers, would be empty.
  • iDupree wrote: »

RIP NA servers? More like RIP 75% of cf na/uk player count.
  • RIP NA servers? More like RIP 75% of cf na/uk player count.
    75%? I wish.. more like 85% :D
  • claire9822 wrote: »
    That wouldnt really work because there are players in the UK servers who have a stable 200+ ping due to their location, which isn't their fault. .,,and telling them to stop playing the game or go to another version would be unfair, especially if they spent money on this game.
    No matter what happens, the most simple solution, which probably won't happen, is for a middle east server. These ping restriction idea's, as good as they sound to us players with low ping, will just cause more issues for 75% of the UK players. Especially as the servers seem unstable recently.
    iDupree wrote: »
    RIP NA servers? More like RIP 75% of cf na/uk player count.
    Kittaa wrote: »
    75%? I wish.. more like 85% :D

LOL, was just an example guys, to reduce these laggers, but okay, maybe 250 status or more is a better example to be restricted from rooms/servers (for 10 or 15 seconds+, in-case we get unstable Pings due to bad server stability, that would be enough, since most of the times, we spike abnormally for only a few seconds, IMO).

Still doubt we will ever get a similar job done but at least we try to plot some ideas into Z8's mind. XD
  • look, i try to tell all about FAKE lagging.
    Example:
    HM game. i'm and opponent as mutant. he try to hit me, i shoot him.. he retreat.. FREEZE for a several second...TADAM! i'm green.. because he hit me several times...
    and that's NOT A MY LAGG... his ping increased from 100+ to 800-1000+...
    when he hit me, his ping is restored to normal.
  • brodiki1 wrote: »
    look, i try to tell all about FAKE lagging.
    Example:
    HM game. i'm and opponent as mutant. he try to hit me, i shoot him.. he retreat.. FREEZE for a several second...TADAM! i'm green.. because he hit me several times...
    and that's NOT A MY LAGG... his ping increased from 100+ to 800-1000+...
    when he hit me, his ping is restored to normal.

Avoidable by moving his hit reg will not count if your away from the spot your currently on (yes I seen player do this and if you kill them they WILL error out since the game doesn't know what to do in this case.

Ping limit should be 300 max anything above that should get you kicked. It get bad when you see a player with 11000+ ping.