Opt-in/out of Events

This has been suggested many times before but GMs has still not considered it which I don't understand why as it's a great thing for forumers, and also will eliminate farmers trying to farm events which just wrecks it for all of us.. Or just the ones that want to farm. (Also if they still Opt-in and farm, then there is a good reason to be banned if caught farming an event). Having an Opt-in/out feature also gives some people some hope of winning knowing that we have a chance if we tried (Just like the ZM2.0 event, amazing event btw! Farm proof :o). Hopefully the GMs do this some time in the future, and if anyone disagrees, tell me why.

Comments

• Would you mind elaborating on what you mean with "Opting in and Opting out?"

From what I understand, you are asking for a function that lets us decide whether or not we want to participate in a certain Event. How is that any different from how it is now? Like, you already choose whether or not the Event is worth doing, there doesn't seem to be a need for a system like that, is there?

And how would it eliminate farmers, exactly?

Mind you, all this is based on the assumption that you mean what I think you mean. If I missed my point, feel free to correct me.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating on what you mean with "Opting in and Opting out?"

From what I understand, you are asking for a function that lets us decide whether or not we want to participate in a certain Event. How is that any different from how it is now? Like, you already choose whether or not the Event is worth doing, there doesn't seem to be a need for a system like that, is there?

And how would it eliminate farmers, exactly?

Mind you, all this is based on the assumption that you mean what I think you mean. If I missed my point, feel free to correct me.

I think he means you have to tick a box that says "I'm wanting to take part in this event" for your time/kills/etc to actually count towards it, meaning people that don't sign up don't count..?
  • I think he means you have to tick a box that says "I'm wanting to take part in this event" for your time/kills/etc to actually count towards it, meaning people that don't sign up don't count..?

That's exactly what he means, and I approve it too!
  • That's exactly what i suggested before,

I know a few farmers that got already 15k minutes during this new event. But they don't even care about this event. They just farm normal for their Exp.
    Now they have a chance of getting blocked etc what makes no sense.. Anyways. Hoping on a better future.

Edit: I'm 100% sure that OP is trying the same

OPT-IN