Suggestions for the Guide Section

Hello, fair players of CrossFire. It is I, Preset, pleading with the higher-ups for a simple but much needed change.

My thoughts are as follows. I kinda feel as though the CrossFire Guides Subforum is a bit... misplaced, shall we say, when it is filed under the CrossFire Support forum and would like for it to return to it's rightful place in the CrossFire Barracks.

Which is quite the shame, since there are quite extensive guides out there for questions like;

"My Account was stolen, what do I do?"
"How does the In-Game Clan System work?"
"Aznbankaii's Screenshot Weapon Reviews"
"Godsgunman's Weapon Guides"

What I have listed is few of the useful guides you see in the CrossFire Guide Section. Now, it pains me to say this, but I admit that quite a few of these Guides are mostly in need of some... restoration. But worry not! For I have quite the revolutionary idea which now leads me to my second suggestion.

We could have a contest every month where players who created a guide and has posted it in the guide section will be entered into a contest which the GM's/Mods pick the top 5 well-made guides. This will encourage and provide an incentive for players to share their knowledge and tricks and tips about CrossFire!

All this Knowledge we have accumulated right now is getting buried under someone posting (and sometimes ranting) about the current hacking situation, about how they've been banned by mistake, or by someone having Technical issues with CrossFire. A problem that wouldn't be as present if it were in the Barracks section, since people come to the barracks section for all kinds of things. People who visit the Barracks Section are more open to reading something on different Sub-forums which are stationed there. (Which may perhaps be my own view of the whole thing.)

With a cleaned up CrossFire Guides section, we could direct people to a specific thread explaining the problem to them extensively without someone having to repeat what has been said oh so many times. Spreading the word about searching the CrossFire Guides section for the solution of their problem would also help ease the workload, since a problem that is explained in a guide that has been already made can stop a new post from occurring which is asking for a solution of said problem.

Now, let me extend my gratitude to you, the reader, for coming this far. My plead is small, yet I think necessary to minimize the work of the Staff and making all kinds of knowledge readily available. It has been a pleasure up to this point, and I hope the Higher-ups of Z8Games take a look at it, nod to themselves, and fulfill my humble plead.

I thank you for your attention, and welcome any sort of feedback you could give me regarding my idea.
Abel was here. k bye.

Comments