CrossFire at LAN ETS

Can Smilegate West please try to have LAN ETS hold a CrossFire tournament during their event on April 15th - 17th?

You can check them out here - www.lanets.ca

Comments

• I'm really curious, since I really don't know how it stands with the Competitive Scene as of yet, but do you believe that there would be enough participants attending at said LAN to warrant an Event like this?
  • Anything to help the Competitive Scene would be great! However, I think it is a bit too late for this. This idea has to go through several processes at Smilegate West before it can get approved. This idea has to be seen by a GM then they have to organise a meeting to discuss this then the idea has to be approved the heads of the company etc etc... By the time it gets approved, it be too late for this to happen.

What I just said now is just a rough concept of the how any company works. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing this! +1
  • It's a great idea, but it's a bit too late. We'd have to hold qualifiers and all of that in one week or so.
  • Our Competitive Scene is only dead because between Z8 & SG they're not working hard enough in this sector, they may fail to get prepared/warrant for this 'LAN ETS Event' but it should NOT be an excuse to fail in making something happen for the next one or for another company's event, as there should be plenty of time before then.
  • IDK how I am able to simply come up with easy ways for CFNA to get promoted yet it seems difficult from a company standpoint. Im sure if me and a group of guys put together a LAN, then it should be much easier for a company to do so since they have more resources.
  • That's a very narrow point of view

If the only thing they were concerned with was promoting the competitive scene, then they'd be able to host events like this consistently. However there's more than just one thing that they have to worry about, and aspects which they deem as being more important than the competitive scene

With the recent exposure of E-sport making it into main stream media such as ESPN, many games have been benefiting from added new player-base. These media outlets promote the game by talking about the latest tournaments and team/player placings. One reason CSGO has gotten so huge is because of its competitive scene ( other half is trading ).