Get rid of the Honor System

The Honor system seemed like a good thing at the start of CF, but has become useless and serves no point.

1) Back when CF had the huge hacking problem, no legit player would stay in a game and have their record/kdr destroyed by a cheater.This resulted in a Desertion point being added ( prob 75 % of my desertion points)

2) There is no way to tell which round a game is on without joining except for Zombie mode i think.So all the time i join a Hero Mode game and its on the final round of the game, hence i cant join or play.So a person has to sit thru 3 mins or whatever till the game ends.If u leave ,which almost everyone does, you get a desertion point.That alone makes this system of recording HONOR in-accurate and in-accurate data makes it useless i would think.

3)Team kills. I agree with this stat if it was a Friendly Fire Enforced on these modes, but it isnt.Grenade damage is the only thing that can damage a team-mates HP???? and only in some modes.It would be better for the game to auto kill the player for a team kill as it does in some other games.You have noobs on a daily basis that are not playing the game, they are just in the game to harass a player and take away hp by throwing a nade on them.

4) Just seems like a useless stat to me and i get so sik of seeing the msg pop up saying u will be penalized if you leave the game.

5) Is there another point to the honor system that i am missing or dont know about?

6) If this is not a option to get rid of this system at LEAST update the game so if a person joins a game on the last round in which they are unable to join there will be no penalty for leaving.Or update the room info tab to show like zombie mode does.Example --- 28/30 rnds.Most of your round based games only show how many rounds the game was set for.

Everyone reply and give some feedback.Curious what everyone thinks on this

4 Star General - USA*Force

Comments

• Who the hell even cares about this rating?
  • "It serves no point" yet you care so much you made a wall of text....my logic went out the window tbh
  • svanced wrote: »
    "It serves no point" yet you care so much you made a wall of text....my logic went out the window tbh

asked for feedback not whining
  • A long time ago they said that they were going to reset everyone's honor then create a ribbon for it, but it never panned out.
  • [F]LuiD wrote: »
    asked for feedback not whining

only if you knew what whining is

Damn I always thought the first world issues in this game were hackers,glitchets and bugs but I was so wrong my whole life.That's why you cant play the game? Because of the honor system that noone cares about? Epic.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    A long time ago they said that they were going to reset everyone's honor then create a ribbon for it, but it never panned out.

Thx iAnarchy..Its nice to see someone give a answer and provide some help ,instead of some troll always having something neg to say.
  • Although most do NOT care, it is true what Fluid is saying. There's no logic to this little system any-more and I/many would much rather see it gone if NOT altered.

Read on if you'd like to know why..

The way I see it is that this system was suppose to influence/discipline players to stay in-game and not leave randomly/pointlessly for non-malicious/malicious intentions that could affect ones team in combat, but since this system penalises players being their fault or not due to server/room/host bugs/errors/disconnections ect, many players have just turned a blind eye and neglected it, while some others like Fluid & I do not.

So to make this in-game Honour system good again, I think Z8 should reset our in-game Honour to 'Average' and make a Ribbon/Achievement for this system: Anyone with 'Good or Very Good Honour' (Desertion/Team Kills) should be rewarded (similar to the Honourable Ribbon). This system should improve ones Honour going by experience and other statistics (games/kills ect), so players can improve upon it with hard-work/time. Also this system should be immune to errors/bugs/disconnections caused by the servers/rooms end, at the very least. As Fluid mentioned, "game rooms should show rounds, so we can avoid joining a game in it's last round(s) to then impatiently leave and get penalised."

Overall this 'little idea' could make players respect this system again, simultaneously respecting the game overall (that bit more) by doing less re-joining/exiting in matches that very well annoy us at times. It's a fact that when a system is more reward-able, less grieving occurs, as everyone likes rewards (generally speaking).. so I approve this idea, it should see a positive change for personal experience/accomplishment.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    A long time ago they said that they were going to reset everyone's honor then create a ribbon for it, but it never panned out.

The more desertions the worse your honor. As long as they can't find a working solution against hackers, they shouldn't even think about adding any reward like that.
  • Danah wrote: »
    Who the hell even cares about this rating?

yes who cares about this.
  • how about this ... 35k unfarmed matches 2.0 ... 3k desertations ... 75% wich was caused by cf errors *,.*
    so desertation are reincarnation of openmind *,.* or do u feel u dirty when somebody look into ur soul *,.*
    /sarcasm
    P.S and no i don't care about my honor.
  • [F]LuiD wrote: »
    The Honor system seemed like a good thing at the start of CF, but has become useless and serves no point.

1) Back when CF had the huge hacking problem, no legit player would stay in a game and have their record/kdr destroyed by a cheater.This resulted in a Desertion point being added ( prob 75 % of my desertion points)

2) There is no way to tell which round a game is on without joining except for Zombie mode i think.So all the time i join a Hero Mode game and its on the final round of the game, hence i cant join or play.So a person has to sit thru 3 mins or whatever till the game ends.If u leave ,which almost everyone does, you get a desertion point.That alone makes this system of recording HONOR in-accurate and in-accurate data makes it useless i would think.

3)Team kills. I agree with this stat if it was a Friendly Fire Enforced on these modes, but it isnt.Grenade damage is the only thing that can damage a team-mates HP???? and only in some modes.It would be better for the game to auto kill the player for a team kill as it does in some other games.You have noobs on a daily basis that are not playing the game, they are just in the game to harass a player and take away hp by throwing a nade on them.

4) Just seems like a useless stat to me and i get so sik of seeing the msg pop up saying u will be penalized if you leave the game.

5) Is there another point to the honor system that i am missing or dont know about?

6) If this is not a option to get rid of this system at LEAST update the game so if a person joins a game on the last round in which they are unable to join there will be no penalty for leaving.Or update the room info tab to show like zombie mode does.Example --- 28/30 rnds.Most of your round based games only show how many rounds the game was set for.

Everyone reply and give some feedback.Curious what everyone thinks on this

4 Star General - USA*Force

I would have to agree with you on this,..............................................................[]
  • Youk_Fou wrote: »
    how about this ... 35k unfarmed matches 2.0 ... 3k desertations ... 75% wich was caused by cf errors *,.*
    so desertation are reincarnation of openmind *,.* or do u feel u dirty when somebody look into ur soul *,.*
    /sarcasm
    P.S and no i don't care about my honor.

Yeah.. got almost the same

And tbh i care, lol

Hope there ever will come a reset or something..

players that played years ago will remember how much errors you did get in 1 day omg..
  • No one really cares about honor any more to be honest. Except me. xD
    However it's hard to get it back up whilst we keep getting client errors. Just make an item to reset it and I'll be happy.
  • claire9822 wrote: »
    No one really cares about honor any more to be honest. Except me. xD
    However it's hard to get it back up whilst we keep getting client errors. Just make an item to reset it and I'll be happy.

Nah if anything CF should reset it for free seeing as most of the DCs/errors/RQing because of hackers is in their domain of control.
  • claire9822 wrote: »
    No one really cares about honor any more to be honest. Except me. xD

Yukii

i got a screenshot, when i was major i had 2800 desertions

113 million exp and 35k games later i only about 3150.. 250 made w 35k games.. still got bad and 90% of them were errors lmao

Yeah i care about it too.. xD we lows i guess