Hacking Report - Result and Answer

I would like Crossfire/z8games to introduce the idea of presenting an answer to a hacking report.

I feel that those players that acutally report hackers loose alot of interest in reporting if they are left unaware of their report's result.

A simple statement such as : Your Hacking Report was successful Player: XYZ was banned" would boost their motivation and give them reason to believe that they acutally did good.

Additionally a stament such as "Your Hacking Report was unsuccessful Player:XYZ was not banned" would allow the one reporting to understand what he did wrong and what he has to look out for, for further reports.

This way Hack reports would become more efficent and more frequent.

Comments

• With an achievement for successfull reports ^^
  • They don't even have to give you the details. Just a reply such as;

Thank you for submitting a hack report. We have viewed the replay you provided us with and have taken actions against the account in which you reported to us. We cannot discuss the actions we have taken to the account reported but we can ensure you that we have done something.

And then if the back report was false, maybe a small explanation why it was a false report such as:

Thank you for submitting a hack report. We have viewed the following account (XYZ) and believe that they have not broke any violations. This is because the reported player uses various ways to locate the ghosts location within the game such as sound, light and seeing movement. Pressing F1 in game will show the details of how to locate players within ghost mode. We hope you understand this.

Yeah I used a Ghost Mode as an example because it happens to me a lot, I get called a hacker for hearing ghosts. ;o
  • claire9822 wrote: »
    They don't even have to give you the details. Just a reply such as;

Thank you for submitting a hack report. We have viewed the replay you provided us with and have taken actions against the account in which you reported to us. We cannot discuss the actions we have taken to the account reported but we can ensure you that we have done something.

And then if the back report was false, maybe a small explanation why it was a false report such as:

Thank you for submitting a hack report. We have viewed the following account (XYZ) and believe that they have not broke any violations. This is because the reported player uses various ways to locate the ghosts location within the game such as sound, light and seeing movement. Pressing F1 in game will show the details of how to locate players within ghost mode. We hope you understand this.

Yeah I used a Ghost Mode as an example because it happens to me a lot, I get called a hacker for hearing ghosts. ;o

hacker....

This isnt a bad example but it is up to the players to report any suspicious hacks and what not. its not a weapon for revenge to know get a feeling of payback for hacking...
    Even tho it does feel good (i recently got a very valuable account banned) but it was for the best of interest not for the faint of heart...(plus its my duty to report hackers .-.)
  • [MOD]C4 wrote: »
    hacker....

This isnt a bad example but it is up to the players to report any suspicious hacks and what not. its not a weapon for revenge to know get a feeling of payback for hacking...
    Even tho it does feel good (i recently got a very valuable account banned) but it was for the best of interest not for the faint of heart...(plus its my duty to report hackers .-.)

I understand what you mean, but I just think, if players reported those who they thought hacked, even if no hack was involved, they could just get a little explanation as to why it wasn't hack. Might stop false hack reports so less time is wasted. I kinda hope it makes sense, it sorta doesn't to me anymore xD