Extend the rank limit for rookie server

Extend the rank limit for rookie server

The trainee server is almost always close to empty, except for maybe 3-5 rooms.

My suggestion would be to increase the rank limit for the rookie server.

My opinion

I think it is a simple, relativity easy to implement, idea that would solve BIG problems.

From
> To

1zc22p0.jpg2zps9ys.jpgo8exba.jpg

Pros:

Not only would this create a better environment for new players but reduce amount of new players in the Alpha and UK servers thus making the balance of teams more even.

If this was put into effect, it would effectively stop many of the team stacks, stop senseless vote kicks, and just make playing Cross Fire less stressful in general.

I've seen countless threads asking to move non-experienced players to new servers and new crossfire versions, and this would suggestion would have a similar effect, without any damage to the community
(same playerbase, if not growing and better games in the main servers and rookie servers.)

This would definitely help the senseless kicking problems we have today. New players will be put into an environment where players aren't as experienced and at the same level of skill, reducing the amount of unfair kicking on the main servers and more enjoyable game time.

Its basically a win-win situation. Better playing experience for both new players and veterans.

Cons:

As for people who create accounts just to rip on new players. That is unavoidable and that unfortunately happens, even now, but rarely.

What do you think?

Comments

• I completely understand you, I'm fed up of low ranks over abusing the kick vote system, as they get mad when they do bad scores against higher ranks.

If they could extend the rank restriction on Rookie Server(s) like you said above, it would be better for those inexperienced low rank players as well as for us veterans. +1 to this idea
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    I completely understand you, I'm fed up of low ranks over abusing the kick vote system, as they get mad when they do bad scores against higher ranks.

If they could extend the rank restriction on Rookie Server(s) like you said above, it would be better for those inexperienced low rank players as well as for us veterans. +1 to this idea

EXACTLY my point. Its a win-win situation!
  • Add a K/D requirement

ex.

You get kicked out of rookie server when u reach 0.6 k/d
  • AKIO_BUM wrote: »
    Add a K/D requirement

ex.

+1 to this. I seriously think this would be the best option out there :) It'd only take a second to implement too.

int checkrank() {
    [INDENT]if ((totalgames < 9) || (kdr < 0.6)) {
    [INDENT]return 1;[/INDENT]
    } else {
    [INDENT]return 0;[/INDENT]
    }[/INDENT]
    }

• yeah why not, +1
    It wont have any negative effects.
  • }Zombie wrote: »
    +1 good idea Baecan
    +1 to this. I seriously think this would be the best option out there :) It'd only take a second to implement too.

int checkrank() {
    [INDENT]if ((totalgames < 9) || (kdr < 0.6)) {
    [INDENT]return 1;[/INDENT]
    } else {
    [INDENT]return 0;[/INDENT]
    }[/INDENT]
    }

K4ZR4G0R3 wrote: »
    Very good idea
    You have my support
    +1
    iDupree wrote: »
    +1, really nice suggestion.
    nGhost wrote: »
    yeah why not, +1
    It wont have any negative effects.

Thanks for the support.
    AKIO_BUM wrote: »
    Add a K/D requirement

ex.

TBH i honestly want this to be as simple as possible. Adding a KD req just adds so many complications.
  • Someones butthurt that they got destroyed in pubs by low rank egys ;)

Nah I kid, good idea and great layout on your forum post. +1 to the idea
  • one_I wrote: »
    Someones butthurt that they got destroyed in pubs by low rank egys ;)

Nah I kid, good idea and great layout on your forum post. +1 to the idea

thanks for the +1 and the bump :D.

Honestly i just might post this in the barracks.

This idea needs more attention
  • Higher rank limit in rookie server will not change anything. If rookie server was enabled for higher ranks people would still not use the server. The KDR idea mentioned in this thread is a good idea however I don't like your suggestion. The problem is any rank can abuse a kick vote.

They should implement a system which calculates kicks per game, time online, and account total. If the amount of kicks per hour or day is higher than usual for example a crazy amount of kicks like 2x per every game played. The system should work out the amount of denied votes and make a check against a set percentage, for example, 80 percent of the votes failed, which will send them to rookie and lock them in that server for a set period of time until they learn the basics of how the game operates. Players should only be unlocked from the "Rookie channel" when their "cooldown" bar reaches zero.

Cooldown bar should not lower on 'approved kicks' in rookie as the players that are in this specific server are sent in for their bad behavior. Time and amount of games played should set the player back to zero, kicks within this period of time will not count towards their bar however once they are free and return to normal servers, if a vote is initiated immediately and denied, the player will be sent back for further discipline.

This should also include people who press F11 on a vote that gets denied. However since they did not start the kick, the points add up slower but the punishment will be the same in long term abuse.
  • Higher rank limit in rookie server will not change anything. If rookie server was enabled for higher ranks people would still not use the server. The KDR idea mentioned in this thread is a good idea however I don't like your suggestion. The problem is any rank can abuse a kick vote.

They should implement a system which calculates kicks per game, time online, and account total. If the amount of kicks per hour or day is higher than usual for example a crazy amount of kicks like 2x per every game played. The system should work out the amount of denied votes and make a check against a set percentage, for example, 80 percent of the votes failed, which will send them to rookie and lock them in that server for a set period of time until they learn the basics of how the game operates. Players should only be unlocked from the "Rookie channel" when their "cooldown" bar reaches zero.

Cooldown bar should not lower on 'approved kicks' in rookie as the players that are in this specific server are sent in for their bad behavior. Time and amount of games played should set the player back to zero, kicks within this period of time will not count towards their bar however once they are free and return to normal servers, if a vote is initiated immediately and denied, the player will be sent back for further discipline.

This should also include people who press F11 on a vote that gets denied. However since they did not start the kick, the points add up slower but the punishment will be the same in long term abuse.

Okay, so you arent worth my time. So this is the only reply you deserve u little 12 year old troll.

1. Your idea is so complicated. (In the terms of coding )Good luck getting that even MENTIONED to the GMs.

2.Its a known fact, low ranks kick high ranks.

Separate them....

and the problem is made better.

"The problem is any rank can abuse a kick vote. "

It doesn't take a genius to realize people still can kick unfairly. I'm glad your small pea brain can understand that logic, because as long as we have the kick system, which imo is 100% necessary, that will always be problem. And if you don't think that this would help the servers immensely, you sir, are ignorant.

good day.
  • Baecan wrote: »
    Okay, so you arent worth my time. So this is the only reply you deserve u little 12 year old troll.

1. Your idea is so complicated. (In the terms of coding )Good luck getting that even MENTIONED to the GMs.

2.Its a known fact, low ranks kick high ranks.

Separate them....

and the problem is made better.

good day.

A solution that works is better than a quick fix. Why apply duck tape to the wound? Sure it might last for a few weeks but it will peal off sooner or later. In my time of playing I have seen more high rank players / or clan player rooms abuse the kick vote more than any other rank or players in the game, including absolute beginners. It's not about being complicated, it's about not being lazy.

Just because you separate low ranks from high ranks, it does not mean you wont get kicked or the frequency of kicks will decline. The truth is they will remain at the exact same number simply because people kick for the fun of it. I was just merely suggesting how this idea would remain ineffective and pitched an option to you as opposing to, you know, leaving a garbage response. It is not my fault if you're going to try bash on me simply because my idea is not like your idea. The problem is not and never will be fixed by one solution, we must work together... The sooner you realize that all our input together is more valuable the sooner we can move forward from this reoccurring nightmare, as you so bluntly put it.
  • Make a ranking system. Something like CS:GO. Even if they extend rookie server requirement a couple rank higher, it will still be a nuisance to the higher level player. When high ranks look at lower rank players, they will be like, "wtf is this ****. Don't they have any common sense." If you really look into the game play of Cross Fire, it is really more of a casual game than a competitive game. You just see those m4 vip abuser spraying through boxes while the new players are just running to their deaths.
  • +1 for the idea,
    But I think ranks in CF are pretty useless particularly after VIP weapons
    maybe it should be measured with the K/D ratio like some people here suggested?
  • Yessh! i totally agree with you, i can't even go 2 rounds without being kicked out of probably every kind of mode and i'm just an weekly active player. They should have the NA severs restricted to the minimum of 2nd Lieutenant 1 and have the trainee sever for trainees - Master sergeant 6. The low ranks absolutely abuse the heck out of the voting system, since they see a well known player or someone of a high rank and just kick them out as soon as they join.
  • Make a ranking system. Something like CS:GO. Even if they extend rookie server requirement a couple rank higher, it will still be a nuisance to the higher level player. When high ranks look at lower rank players, they will be like, "wtf is this ****. Don't they have any common sense." If you really look into the game play of Cross Fire, it is really more of a casual game than a competitive game. You just see those m4 vip abuser spraying through boxes while the new players are just running to their deaths.

Thats a good idea, but that takes ALOT of coding. My solution is real easy :)
    Slendy4 wrote: »
    +1 for the idea,
    But I think ranks in CF are pretty useless particularly after VIP weapons
    maybe it should be measured with the K/D ratio like some people here suggested?

Thing is K/d varys greatly. It just gets too complicated if you put KD into the situation.
    2fue wrote: »
    Yessh! i totally agree with you, i can't even go 2 rounds without being kicked out of probably every kind of mode and i'm just an weekly active player. They should have the NA severs restricted to the minimum of 2nd Lieutenant 1 and have the trainee sever for trainees - Master sergeant 6. The low ranks absolutely abuse the heck out of the voting system, since they see a well known player or someone of a high rank and just kick them out as soon as they join.

Exactly how i feel
  • I think they should stay in rookie till SFC rank
  • Or they should implement "rank rooms" only people of a certain rank or higher can join at the hosts choice
  • Dude , i make 1000000 post about this but they dont care about our suggestions , i start to think that this topic from forum with "Suggestions" need to deleted since they dont wach every post of players and think about our ideeas
  • +1 to this idea. New players need more time to get acclimated to the game before they go out into the world of non-stop VIPs and armor abuse. But seriously i've seen people that don't know how to defuse, reload, etc and these are things that they should learn with other people that are struggling with the same thing. Also I would suggest limiting the number of kicks to 1 in the rookie server so that new players won't come to Alpha with predispositions for kicking.
  • GhostModee wrote: »
    Or they should implement "rank rooms" only people of a certain rank or higher can join at the hosts choice

ehhhhhhhhhhh

i want to keep it simple. No huge amounts of coding or new sophisticated ways. Just a simple increase in the restriction rank
    wDGEORGE wrote: »
    Dude , i make 1000000 post about this but they dont care about our suggestions , i start to think that this topic from forum with "Suggestions" need to deleted since they dont wach every post of players and think about our ideeas

It is quite unfortunate
    +1

I agree with you.

Thanks!
    iAnarchy wrote: »
    +1 to this idea. New players need more time to get acclimated to the game before they go out into the world of non-stop VIPs and armor abuse. But seriously i've seen people that don't know how to defuse, reload, etc and these are things that they should learn with other people that are struggling with the same thing. Also I would suggest limiting the number of kicks to 1 in the rookie server so that new players won't come to Alpha with predispositions for kicking.

Exactly. Its easy to implement and has so much potential.
  • Finaly someone with sence,

I seen so many suggestions about the problem but al involved stopping the egy and turks from even joining cf (wich is a bit harse there are some nice once out there)
    +100 on this idea

This ladies and gentlemen , is the name of 3/4 of the noobs/hackers in this game.

As for the rank limit , it's just not gonna happen, even thought i support it knowing it wouldn't do much difference anyhow.

*sigh*