The Official CrossFire Chat Room

Click Here To Chat
Server: irc.gamesurge.net
Channel: #CrossFire

Introduction

Hello everyone!

Recently the CrossFire Moderators and GMs have been discussing ways to interact more with you, the community. We then realized we already had a means of communication that we let slip as time went by. Today we would like to re-introduce the official CrossFire chat room.

The CrossFire chat room is a place for the community to talk to each other, to Moderators, and to GMs in a casual setting. This chat room is not for tech support or account support, we will not be providing you a way to get your account information through it, but we will occasionally help provide answers when we can. This chat is a place for you to hangout and have fun with fellow community members. Its a place that will give you the chance to get a little more recognition to your threads, events, streams, etc. We want to provide you guys with an easier way to communicate to the staff, but we also want to provide you guys a place to just have fun outside of the game.

How To Connect

We rely on IRC to bring you guys this chat room meaning there are all kinds of ways to connect, and how you do is personal preference. In this section I'll list a few different ones with how to connect, and then provide links to a few other clients.

Via Browser (Web Chat)

To connect to the chat room through your browser simply click this link! Once you have reached the web page, simply replace the mib_#### username with your Forum/In Game name and press connect, it is that simple!

mIRC (Recommended Client)

If you are looking to participate in the chat room a lot then I recommend having a client. Our personal preference is mIRC. The information you're going to need for this is:
  • Server: irc.gamesurge.net
  • Channel: #CrossFire

If you have not before used mIRC but would like to please refer to this video. However when he gets to server choose GameSurge from the list. If you have any issues please feel free to post and I'll try to help you out!

Other Clients
Rules
  • Forum rules apply. This means no spamming, no malicious links, no mature content, etc.
  • Ask permission before PMing a GM/MOD. Please do not spam their clients!
  • Do not ask for account support. We might help with technical issues occasionally, but do not expect it.
  • No asking for codes.
  • English Only. We need to understand what is being said.
  • Do not ask to be a chat moderator. Asking will result in you being kicked. If we want you, we'll ask you.

FAQ

Q: Can I be a chat moderator?

A: At the moment all chat moderation will be done by current CrossFire GMs/MODs along with the bots we have in the channel.

Q: What do the @ and + mean before a user's name?

A: @ represents an OP, someone who has the power to moderate the chat. This will be given to GMs/MODs so you will be able to know it is actually them! The + is for voiced users, this does not mean they can chat on a microphone, it just means it is a user who spends time on the chat and who we recognize to be a good role model. The bots are a little more lenient towards them.

Q: Who is ChanServ/SpamServ?

ChanServ and SpamServ are bots, they are there to protect the channel and enforce the rules. They will warn and kick/temp ban as necessary. If you find they are too strict please let me know so I can adjust them!

Q: How can I register my account?

A: To register an account so you can be voiced, please follow this guide:
https://gamesurge.net/newuser/

Q: How can I mask my IP?

A: To mask your IP (to prevent issues when streaming and just in general) please refer to this guide: https://gamesurge.net/userchanmodes/user

Q: Can I get a custom mask?

A: Yes! If you would like a custom mask, please visit this page:
https://gamesurge.net/titles/

Q: How can I automatically connect to the CrossFire channel with mIRC?

A: If you would like to automatically connect to the channel, first select the GameSurge server as your home one so it will automatically connect when you start mIRC. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Connect -> Options -> Perform -> Check "Enable perform on connect" -> Under Network: choose Gamesurge -> type "/join #CrossFire" (no quotations).

Q: How can I automatically login to GameSurge with mIRC?

A: Once you have registered your account with GameSurge go to Tools -> Options -> Connect -> Options -> Perform -> Check "Enable perform on connect" ->Under Network: choose Gamesurge -> type "/authserv auth USERNAME PASSWORD" (no quotations).

Q: How can I automatically mask my IP to GameSurge with mIRC?

A: Once you have registered your account with GameSurge go to Tools -> Options -> Connect -> Options -> Perform -> Check "Enable perform on connect" ->Under Network: choose Gamesurge -> type "/mode USERNAME +x" (no quotations).

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?

If you have any feedback, or need help connecting/using the chat please post and a Moderator/GM will try to help you out!

See you on the chat!

Comments