CF needs better hacking security

To avoid gameplay exploitation that happened in the pass. Do you think steam should be a "partner, of z8 so we can get more people and get some hacking protection from VAC?

Comments

• I don't see how Valve would do this. Their AC is for their use. Partnerships are declared by higher ups above Z8, you mean Smilegate HQ.

So to speak in general terms, having the strongest anticheat means absolutely nothing if there are always going to be cheaters. You're going to have hackers in a free to play game, that's what it's about. And you don't get to execute beyond banning them off your game, beyond telling them not to cheat anymore. That's it. While Xtrap could be regarded as outdated, it's what the game currently depends on. If it's not there, hackers would be absolutely flooding the game. However this is out of our control, as this is something that the CF devs would have to commit to, which I cannot confirm if or not they are currently onto. There's very little that a localized publisher, manager can do.

It's the same with drugs, no? You can have all the rehab and therapy centers in the world, but if the addicts don't care and continue doing drugs, there's not many other options. When there's a strong mentality and belief/will, it's actually very difficult to 'break' it, regardless of your method or form of defense.
  • I don't see how Valve would do this. Their AC is for their use. Partnerships are declared by higher ups above Z8, you mean Smilegate HQ.

So to speak in general terms, having the strongest anticheat means absolutely nothing if there are always going to be cheaters. You're going to have hackers in a free to play game, that's what it's about. And you don't get to execute beyond banning them off your game, beyond telling them not to cheat anymore. That's it. While Xtrap could be regarded as outdated, it's what the game currently depends on. If it's not there, hackers would be absolutely flooding the game. However this is out of our control, as this is something that the CF devs would have to commit to, which I cannot confirm if or not they are currently onto. There's very little that a localized publisher, manager can do.

It's the same with drugs, no? You can have all the rehab and therapy centers in the world, but if the addicts don't care and continue doing drugs, there's not many other options. When there's a strong mentality and belief/will, it's actually very difficult to 'break' it, regardless of your method or form of defense.

What I'm saying is it's either with join with valve to game more people and at least have a strong hacking security against the upcoming hacks... we all know by now that middle east (mostly egypt and turks) are working on new hacks a we speak. And we need great protection to avoid it to happen. When there's a problem you just don't update the game you have to think and step ahead of them every time. They are not done yet, the hackers and cheat programmers will comeback later on. And whoever is encharged of the game's security must prepare it's like a never-ending war. And the solution is to be influence by valve or join valve or make a new anti-cheat security system equivalent to VAC or great than that.
  • LOLsucks wrote: »
    What I'm saying is it's either with join with valve to game more people and at least have a strong hacking security against the upcoming hacks... we all know by now that middle east (mostly egypt and turks) are working on new hacks a we speak. And we need great protection to avoid it to happen. When there's a problem you just don't update the game you have to think and step ahead of them every time. They are not done yet, the hackers and cheat programmers will comeback later on. And whoever is encharged of the game's security must prepare it's like a never-ending war. And the solution is to be influence by valve or join valve or make a new anti-cheat security system equivalent to VAC or great than that.

A higher player base doesn't solve the issue. You need multiple aspects of solution to deal with issues in FPS games like hacking, like bugs and glitches. It's about the mentality and ultimately the call of the developers as well.

Like when you actually step in the gate and start up the operations, it's more than just "oh yeah we can just update the game and it'll be fine." I understand that there is more to it and as you pointed out, it's never ending due to the nature of f2p. But you simply can't prepare for what's going to attempt to attack your 'firewall' next, what kind of cheats those scums have coded up. There's a lot more to it than just, shutting down each functioning hack. I understand all these scenarios you and others have suggested these past few years. Though in reality you guys just don't know how complex operations like that mean on a busibess, a PR level scale. It's simply impossible to defend against hackers attempting to intrude with cheats, over and over. You don't get to see it but the data, the services, and the resources being spent on constantly fighting off these waves is insurmountable. And like I said, Z8 doesn't control this aspect of the game. We hope for the best of the game as well, don't get me wrong. But sometimes things are far too complex for you to deal with. Should you realize that, and the fact that there is no unbreakable, perfect anticheat. There is only so much that can be done, as pessimistic as that sounds.

And the Valve scenario, I'd like to believe but it just won't be happening anytime soon. For Smilegate to hop on board with Valve, vice versa, it's not going to happen for various reasons.
  • To be fair, i've seen 1 hacker in like the last 1-2 months of playing. Maybe it's just temp, but i think a mix of xtrap and the new account creating policy stuff is working.
  • I understand the paths, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up, just to be prepared because when the hack comes back again you guys are going to have a lot of problem not just the situation, but also the players too... keep in mind that it's better early than late, okay? Don't worry I'll help you hack links and website via PM to make it easy on you to get rid of them. I grew up playing this game from PH to NA. And I don't want to get ruined by a hacking programmer or others.