Anti-Breath Down Items

If you can only retaliate after a silent ghost misses you, what's the point? Playing as GR totally depends on pinpointing breath (which got screwed up by some patch a few years ago making it twice as hard) and then even harder with breath down, not to mention the constantly spraying idiots.

Hard to play because GM clan scrubs are going hard with the breath down, and there's no way to defend yourself (unless hiding in a vent which is boring) until it's too late.

Add a hearing aid item to the item shop that costs the same price as breath down, that cancels out breath down effects and nothing else.

Any skilled GM player can get high kdr's without breath down, but allowing them to remain invincible is ridiculous.

Half these kids in GM clans are pure garbage and get godly scores because they can make themselves mute in a game which completely depends on their enemies hearing them.

Add ASAP and stop these scrubs from easily getting away with mass murders ;)

/I could always spend $200 on a good set of cans, to double up with my SBZ, but this suggestion is to bring some balance back to the game.
/If you have some GM EQ settings that help against breath down scrubs, post here ;D

Comments

• Get better headphone's, you're basically suggesting to allow z8 games to have GR always win, its already good enough. GR gets guns, Blacklist Only get Mele's The Breath Down is the Balance Ghost Mode needs otherwise it would be Search and Destroy with one team using knifes and the other guns, doesn't sound very fair. -1
  • It was better in the beggining when ghosts wouldnt bhop and gr's wouldnt pin point. That was the true "ghost" mode and not "invisible" mode.
  • even thought im really bad a pin pointing (hence why i love to spray with rpk), if this were to apply then ghost would have no chance. Maybe perhaps if the ghost has breath down and say it lowers breath by like 50%, and you hear only 50% of ghost breath and if gr has this so called "item" that removes it so you can hear only 75% of ghost breath.
  • GhostModee wrote: »
    Get better headphone's, you're basically suggesting to allow z8 games to have GR always win, its already good enough. GR gets guns, Blacklist Only get Mele's The Breath Down is the Balance Ghost Mode needs otherwise it would be Search and Destroy with one team using knifes and the other guns, doesn't sound very fair. -1

If you believed what you just typed, then you're terrible as ghost. In my GM days (when it was a far more active mode), I always shredded enemy teams within the starting of rounds, until the game was over, I got kicked for hack, or GR RQ'd. Never needed breath down, even against people who played nothing but GM (GM clan nerds). Despite what you said (complete bs/logic only applicable to sub par players), I will take your headphone upgrade advice seriously.
  • ' wrote:
    Impaled[;4225406']If you believed what you just typed, then you're terrible as ghost. In my GM days (when it was a far more active mode), I always shredded enemy teams within the starting of rounds, until the game was over, I got kicked for hack, or GR RQ'd. Never needed breath down, even against people who played nothing but GM (GM clan nerds). Despite what you said (complete bs/logic only applicable to sub par players), I will take your headphone upgrade advice seriously.

What you say may have applied years ago, but now every second player in GM matches uses their ears. Playing against these 'soft' ppers is no big deal even with breath down, but with the coming of more soundplayers the amount of good ppers rised too. There are many players who you can't even get close to without being shot if you don't use breath down.

If there are 2 equally very good teams playing against each other, then without bd, the ghost side will lose.

GM is balanced enough as it is. GR and BL side wins 50%/50% of the time, and getting good scores on GR side is still much easier, so rather, BL side is at disadvantage.

I say -1
  • ' wrote:
    Impaled[;4225406']If you believed what you just typed, then you're terrible as ghost. In my GM days (when it was a far more active mode), I always shredded enemy teams within the starting of rounds, until the game was over, I got kicked for hack, or GR RQ'd. Never needed breath down, even against people who played nothing but GM (GM clan nerds). Despite what you said (complete bs/logic only applicable to sub par players), I will take your headphone upgrade advice seriously.
    I play GM mostly; my k/d is from gr, I believe it is currently 57/4 It would have been higher but since this account is a low rank I got kicked for "hacking" on the last round when I went 38/6.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;4225575']What you say may have applied years ago, but now every second player in GM matches uses their ears. Playing against these 'soft' ppers is no big deal even with breath down, but with the coming of more soundplayers the amount of good ppers rised too. There are many players who you can't even get close to without being shot if you don't use breath down.

If there are 2 equally very good teams playing against each other, then without bd, the ghost side will lose.

GM is balanced enough as it is. GR and BL side wins 50%/50% of the time, and getting good scores on GR side is still much easier, so rather, BL side is at disadvantage.

I say -1
    GhostModee wrote: »
    I play GM mostly; my k/d is from gr, I believe it is currently 57/4 It would have been higher but since this account is a low rank I got kicked for "hacking" on the last round when I went 38/6.

Then screw the item, I'll play when I get better headphones ;)

EDIT: Lol screw a hearing aid item, bought breath down for myself and started demolishing enemy teams as ghost even with my now crappy ping. Screw balance, if I'm having fun (being unstoppable), that's all that matters. 2OP.
  • ' wrote:
    Impaled[;4225816']Then screw the item, I'll play when I get better headphones ;)

EDIT: Lol screw a hearing aid item, bought breath down for myself and started demolishing enemy teams as ghost even with my now crappy ping. Screw balance, if I'm having fun (being unstoppable), that's all that matters. 2OP.

I need to buy some new headphone's too I'm currently using my friends just waiting for him to ask for them back </3
  • Breath down hardly makes you invincible, it simply makes the distance one can hear you at lessend. Anyone who can somewhat decently pp can still effectively defend themselves against bdown users and frankly GR is already OP with bdown. It sounds like your PP is underdeveloped so your complaining.
  • ' wrote:
    Impaled[;4225816']Then screw the item, I'll play when I get better headphones ;)

BD makes it too much of a hassle to play effectively. You need good earphones, a decent soundcard or equalizer just to be able to hear someone before they stab you, kill you or hop past you. Just spray ;)
  • Just spray ;)

This ^. If you can't beat em, join em.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    Breath down hardly makes you invincible, it simply makes the distance one can hear you at lessend. Anyone who can somewhat decently pp can still effectively defend themselves against bdown users and frankly GR is already OP with bdown. It sounds like your PP is underdeveloped so your complaining.

youre-kill-yourself.jpg
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    55814709.jpg

QFT. No need to say more.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • GhostModee wrote: »
    Get better headphone's, you're basically suggesting to allow z8 games to have GR always win, its already good enough. GR gets guns, Blacklist Only get Mele's The Breath Down is the Balance Ghost Mode needs otherwise it would be Search and Destroy with one team using knifes and the other guns, doesn't sound very fair. -1

man, i cant read your post.. could you write bigger ?
  • I am an average GM player who plays ghost mode 99% of the time (despite and still bad at it). I feel that with something called VIP M4s and AKs the ghost mode is already quite balanced. Decent reflexers and PP players can use something called "gunstock" to kill ghost the second before ghost attack, which is funny but somewhat balanced. Ghosts with BD aren't invincible if you can "ambush" the ghost by setting baits and traps. After the April patch the ghost mode bhop is very glitchy sometimes decent bhopers even fail at bhoping which is purely Z8's fault... Anti-BD item is only gonna add unbalance"ness" to the game because GR can always win.

Best Regards

SuperBElite]

P.S. even with earphones I still suck at GM so most times I spray everywhere :P
  • Honestly, this sounds mostly like someone that is sick of something that they perceive to be imbalanced. The truth of the matter is, yes- better headphones certainly will help you PP better. The other truth being, they aren't necessary. BD is not overpowered in a number of different ways. The first being against any decent PPer, someone with BD will still struggle to get near them without at least being heard. The second often most overlooked part is that GR is all about positioning. You have to position yourself for success. I've rekt players using full BD when I haven't even been using sound simply because I was positioned properly. BD isn't overpowered, that becomes clear when playing at higher levels against equally skilled or better players.
  • WolfieGM wrote: »
    Honestly, this sounds mostly like someone that is sick of something that they perceive to be imbalanced. The truth of the matter is, yes- better headphones certainly will help you PP better. The other truth being, they aren't necessary. BD is not overpowered in a number of different ways. The first being against any decent PPer, someone with BD will still struggle to get near them without at least being heard. The second often most overlooked part is that GR is all about positioning. You have to position yourself for success. I've rekt players using full BD when I haven't even been using sound simply because I was positioned properly. BD isn't overpowered, that becomes clear when playing at higher levels against equally skilled or better players.

Using tactics and in general using your brain is essential.
    Sometimes I see 'veteran' GMers walking in the middle at GR base on Laboratory. That's like asking to be killed.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;4227793']Using tactics and in general using your brain is essential.
    Sometimes I see 'veteran' GMers walking in the middle at GR base on Laboratory. That's like asking to be killed.

My point being, using your brain can easily overcome the lack of having better headphones to beat ghosts with BD.
  • WolfieGM wrote: »
    My point being, using your brain can easily overcome the lack of having better headphones to beat ghosts with BD.

Yeah, I just meant to say I agree with you.