Methods For Improved Account Security Against Scammers

Okay, well I'm new to this, posting suggestions and all. But, I wanted to get the opinions of the community and/or maybe the GMs. Before i start though, i know that you just shouldn't give out your account information period but I think this should be considered and is a good idea to think about, because if you're like me and would like a brick wall of security for your account, then this is for you. Since i have free time on my Sunday afternoon I will post my thoughts. Tell me what you think.
1. Adding a Phone number
I believe being able to add a phone number to your z8games account could help against "Hacked" Accounts. If the so-called hacker try's to log into the account on the z8games portal, you will get a text message to your mobile phone telling you so, and it will give you the IP address and location of the login. So, you have time to log in your self and change your account password before the, you know so-called hacker does it(Make sure to read number 2, if your already doubting me). Also, having a phone number on file could help with the z8games support team with seeing who is the actual owner and what not, more officially. Now i know that Trans ID's are already a awesome way to do things like that, but not everyone is a paid user(Including me). I recently got my account scammed from me and ever since then, I been thinking about ways to secure the account more officially. Everyone now a days have either a smartphone, or a basic phone, and overall adding a phone number could drastically improve your account security and will likely be in your hands forever. Well, as long as you don't give away the info of course. Now on to numba 2.
2. Two-Step Verification
This one is pretty much self explanatory. If you don't know what it is it's when a login website, like your email service or face book, you tube etc let's you add an extra layer of security against thief's and so-called hackers. It remembers where you log in from and if it doesn't remember you or, you are logging in from an unknown location/source, it will require you to enter the code that was sent to your mobile phone to be able to log in. So, taking this I believe it would be really neat if z8games enabled this 2 step verification to better secure the account. Notice, this is not automatically enabled you can enable it under "My Account" and will require your Security Question & Answer to do so, and of course your mobile phone number. But, if your a person that doesn't remember that info you could submit a ticket to z8games support to have the 2 step verification enabled, if you believe you would want that extra brick of security like me. Currently, i have the 2-step verification hooked up to my email service and it's working like a charm. Makes me feel protected. I will keep this thread short, and to the point. Adding a phone number to your z8games account, I believe is a good idea, let me know what you guys think. Also, thanks for reading :P If you didn't read shame on you! JK

Comments

• If u don't give anyone your info
    No scam would happen

So why the f would u need all of this?
  • lceBerg wrote: »
    If u don't give anyone your info
    No scam would happen

So why the f would u need all of this?

Like i said for improved account security, as far as I know a lot of people use farm bots etc that have keyloggers in them, so my methods could save those people from having to go through the trouble in getting the account back because they installed a keylogger. It's not just about giving away your information.
  • MrNater wrote: »
    Like i said for improved account security, as far as I know a lot of people use farm bots etc that have keyloggers in them, so my methods could save those people from having to go through the trouble in getting the account back because they installed a keylogger. It's not just about giving away your information.

Well
    I'm pretty sure farm bot is a third party
    And it's against the rules to use that
    So.............

Still
    If u don't use a illegal program or give other people your info
    Scams won't happen

Just play the game
    And stop installing boys or giving your info away
  • lceBerg wrote: »
    Well
    I'm pretty sure farm bot is a third party
    And it's against the rules to use that
    So.............

Still
    If u don't use a illegal program or give other people your info
    Scams won't happen

Just play the game
    And stop installing boys or giving your info away

True i agree 100 percent, but some people are not aware of key loggers and i'm just trying to suggest a more better way to handle account security and help people.. that's all, just trying to get my opinions out there to be seen. and if your suggesting that i use those programs, you are wrong. I do just play the game like everyone else.