Black screen problem (in-game)

So basically I start Crossfire...then it loads...i join a game...play like 3x-5x games...then all of a sudden when im IN a game my computer freezes...then i hear the sounds of guns...THEN i get something about an error report from Catalyst Control Center...and my screen (Samsung SyncMaster T200 Digital) starts blinking like never before and doesn't stop until i close CF. What' s the problem? :/ I don't get this error when i'm playing Combat Arms (stopped playing it coz too many nub hacks >.>) Plz help anyone :d

heres my specs:;
P4 3.0GHZ
2GB Ram
128M Radeon HD9250 Pro AGP
Direct X = 9.0c

i think thats all the specs u need to know but if you need more tell me

Comments

• I have almost the same problem dude. But i havent any errors. My screen just become black and i press ctrl+alt+dlt and close it, i make this few times and my screen becomes normal
  • Yea when i dont run Catalyst Control Centre my screen goes black and no error pops up from ATi but yea i have to ctrl alt delete to get out of the program...
    Anyone experienced help?? And i have all net Frameworks...Updated direct x video card etc all the stuff is updated its just that CF is acting weird >>>p lz fix this bug its really annoying ...after screen becomes normal then my screen starts blinking.
  • I've this problem too...But only now that i've installed an ATI Radeon 9200 (128MB)...And before i had an ignote video card of 32Mb,and I never had a black screen...
  • I have the same problem
    I use ati radeon 9250 (128mb)
    and goes black but I heard the sounds, I have every driver updated directx
    and now my cumputer restarts
    Any solution please
  • i have the same problem...but i noticed that the screen turns black when i reload my weapon.it doesn't happen every time i reload the weapon, just some times. i usually fix this problem by pressing ctrl+alt+delete,then close my task manager and the screen becomes normal 'till it goes black again. some times when i do this i get an error saying smth like this "Report error to Z8Games?" "Yes" or "No"...if i press "yes" nothing happens ,just the game closes..... i have a AMD Athlon XP +2600 1.92 ghz CPU, 128 MB ati radeon 9200 video card, 1gb ram memory....if is someone who know the solution to this problem please post here^^
  • Can someone answer us?
    It succedes expecially when i play with my clan mates...It crashes all matches...If i don't play with them,it crashes only 1 match after 10/15...WHY?
  • Yep this has bin happening to me since the patch
  • lol! my is simular to urz...

i play cf, when i do a sudden movement or my team or any 1 does some thing suddenly (etc. stab with nife, team runs right near my view, reload...) i lag (computer freezes) then all of a suden i hear all the sound then my computer goes in to black scream, and i have to sleep and then unsleep my computer to make it go back but it always says player info eurror so i quit the game automaticly..
  • You're lucky...I've to close cf,reset resolution screen and reopen cf...
  • ucalled911 wrote: »
    lol! my is simular to urz...

i play cf, when i do a sudden movement or my team or any 1 does some thing suddenly (etc. stab with nife, team runs right near my view, reload...) i lag (computer freezes) then all of a suden i hear all the sound then my computer goes in to black scream, and i have to sleep and then unsleep my computer to make it go back but it always says player info eurror so i quit the game automaticly..

? wow that sounds like a slow comp issue to me... until you said that it says player info error... ??? weird errors going on around here.
  • Hey guys, I dont own an ATi but im willing to try to help you and in the meantime, my knowledge on this game so.. have you try with another resolution in-game?
    Are you playing in-game with the same resolution as on your desktop?

Maybe if you try to lower de resolution that might fix ya.. but i doubt it.
    And as i can see, its all kinda old video card in here..
  • I use 800*600 resolution,the lower.My desktop's 1024*768,but as i said...No problem if i don't play with my clan...
  • Wait so you guys can play only if you're playing with clan? Yea i have tried lowering my resolution but I still get the same problem. Is it maybe because i am using a DVI Output? What output u guys use? VGA Or DVI
  • I know the last post for this was a couple months ago, but I have this problem as well! My specs: 2.66ghz, 1gb ram, ati radeon 9250 graphics card (bad graphics card for gaming but better than the 64mb). I never had any problems when i played it with my geforce mx400 (64mb) graphics card, except a little lag due to lower graphics. Now I can play on like medium or high. One problem. After like 5 - 15 minutes of gameplay my screen will go black. I cant even Ctrl+Alt+Del and i have to wait for it to go away. Then I get an error from my Ati Catalyst (i have Catalyst drivers) saying something about visual memory. Some times the game doesnt close, but most of the time it does. It always happens while im playing a match, not in the menu or the lobby, or the shop or anything like that. Does anyone know how to fix this??!
  • I know the last post for this was a couple months ago, but I have this problem as well! My specs: 2.66ghz, 1gb ram, ati radeon 9250 graphics card (bad graphics card for gaming but better than the 64mb). I never had any problems when i played it with my geforce mx400 (64mb) graphics card, except a little lag due to lower graphics. Now I can play on like medium or high. One problem. After like 5 - 15 minutes of gameplay my screen will go black. I cant even Ctrl+Alt+Del and i have to wait for it to go away. Then I get an error from my Ati Catalyst (i have Catalyst drivers) saying something about visual memory. Some times the game doesnt close, but most of the time it does. It always happens while im playing a match, not in the menu or the lobby, or the shop or anything like that. Does anyone know how to fix this??!

I have this same problem and im tring to find what causes it. I have the same card as you and had the same mainboard. Then i changed main boards and still have the problem so it has to be the drivers in this card. If i ever fiind a fix for it I will let you know
  • If it's not the video card, then it could be the speed of the internet. When you use WiFi, you're always gonna spike... If you spike at the wrong time, you end up freezing... If sometihng pops up, you're frozen for a good time. However RAM does make all the difference in the world... Let's say a popup occurs in-game... Takes 30 seconds to unfreeze from the popup.. With 2 gigs of ram or more, it would take 15 seconds or less.
    Absolute best way to play online games, is by sitting 2 inches away from the router, or use a ethernet cable. Less delay and minimum freeze time.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    If it's not the video card, then it could be the speed of the internet. When you use WiFi, you're always gonna spike... If you spike at the wrong time, you end up freezing... If sometihng pops up, you're frozen for a good time. However RAM does make all the difference in the world... Let's say a popup occurs in-game... Takes 30 seconds to unfreeze from the popup.. With 2 gigs of ram or more, it would take 15 seconds or less.
    Absolute best way to play online games, is by sitting 2 inches away from the router, or use a ethernet cable. Less delay and minimum freeze time.

Its not a Internet issue. I have 100mbps cable internet (wired not wireless). Also the whole game doesnt freeze, at least me, I can hear the whole game, My music , and my TS when this happends. Its deffinitly a compatibillity problem with these cards (all the same chipset just differant cards). I also run a moded driver not the original one (for overclocking) so i dont think its the drivers either. It must be something these chipsets have that no other does once i find the reason i will be SURE to post it up here.
  • You got loads running in background while using crossfire apparently.. That could also be apart of black screening.. You're also running alot of modified stuff, so maybe there's a disconnect between the chips and the motherboard.
  • I've tried running non moded drivers to with no OC. It still does it and tottaly random to. Sometimes i can get 3-4 games in before it happends and then it will happen first match the next time. Also this is whats running as i play CF
    32096153.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Without the IE running. As you can see i run nothing in the backround but TS and winamp, and yes i have tried without 1 the other or both.Its something with the drivers I just cant find what it is. I have even tried to underclock the card to see if maybe it just gets "ahead" of itself. I have in my OC program alot of D3d options and ive been going through them 1 by 1 to try to find whats causing it. I really hope i can find a soultion soon.
  • Before I run CrossFire or any other game I make sure there isnt anything else major running in the background in the task manager. I agree I think its a driver problem. Either that or the whole ati radeon 9250 card just doesnt wanna work with CrossFire.
  • If this helps, the driver i downloaded from amd was Catalyst Software Suite version 6.11
    and the download package says it includes display drivers, catalyst control center, and wmd drivers.
  • Same here , but my computer is just overheating :s But its exactly the same thing.
  • Same here , but my computer is just overheating :s But its exactly the same thing.

I thought it was heat at first so i actually put a thermometer on my GPU and it never got extremely hot. I have a thread going to find a fix. If you know anyone with a 128mb Nvidia card tell them to take a look at my other thread. I need all the info i can get to try to find a fix.
  • CAN YOU STOP WITH THE DAMM BUMPS!!??

we understand there is a problem right now... but seriously,

have you tried submitting a support ticket? and WAITING for a response? It could take from 15 minutes to 2 weeks...

Have you done diagnostics on all your software that you think could the culprit?

Do you have outdated hardware?

STOP BUMPING PLEASE!!!
  • I just bump so my thread gets pushed back to the top so people won't miss it. I want to fix this problem as soon as possible. You don't need to get mad about it. I'm sure my graphics card isn't out of date because I downloaded the catalyst drivers from AMD. As for the support ticket, no I don't have one. I don't even know what a support ticket is. I don't know what you mean when you said "Have you done diagnostics on all your software that you think could the culprit?".
  • But you bump these threads "uselessly"

here is the text from the code of conduct:

Thread Bumping
    1 point / expires in 7 days
    This infraction is given out for "bumping" topics for no logical reason
    . If you want to continue the discussion of a topic then post something that adds to it.

and here it is from the forum rules:
    Bumping other thread types is also prohibited and may result in your topic being closed or removed.

Please, just stop with the bumping, and let the thread take its course, and other people may or may not come and help... But that is not for you to decide with your bumping actions... Do you understand me? Bumping = bad

What I meant about the diagnostics is finding the manufacturer's diagnostics tools, that is if you have problems with a certain software...

Like for instance your network adapter keeps failing... just an example.
    IF you had Windows 7, you could use the OS diagnostics to find out why you can't connect to a certain network... at the same time, go to the manufacturer's website for the network card, like Intel or Realtek... and find out if they have diagnostic tools for their products.
    Download that, install it, run it, talk to your computer manufacturer's support team, like HP or Dell support with all the info gathered, see if it can still be a "software" issue. You might need a different update to the particular file...

If you truly don't want to do all that work, just post here "no" and let the thread die... after you submit a ticket of course...