Even Field option for regular and clan matches

Words cannot describe how frustrated I am to see how much of a pay-to-win this game has become. Words cannot describe how frustrated I am to see that every single free-to-play game is like this.

To make sure that everyone is on an even playing field, I suggest a new option called Even Field.

What Even Field would do is make sure that every player is using the same weapons and equipment whether he/she has them or not. That means if the room master decides to, grenades and sprays can be banned as well.

In terms of weapons players would only be able to select from one of three types.

Rifleman - Players would use the default M16 or the rifle selected by the room master.

Marksman - Players would use the default sniper rifle or the sniper rifle selected.

Special - Players would use the M60 or the LMG selected by the room master.

Of course, if one clan does not have a sniper, then sniper rifles could be banned altogether. That should not be the case for LMGs because in every single game I know of, LMGs are very underpowered.

I get that there is the Elimination mode where players have to pick up weapons but I am sure someone like me would much prefer game types like Escape or SnD (I much prefer Escape but I suck at it).

Comments

• Is anyone paying attention to this idea? It would make sure the clan wars are much more fair and all.
  • that would be... not be fun at all. what fps game did you come from that offers this kind of play?

for Crossfire specifically, there is almost no restriction to what weapons you can use. the "almost" being for competitive scrims and game modes such as melee only, pistol only, sniper only, etc. competitive scrims are limited to few GP guns, characters, and certain items necessary for Search&Destroy

not every elimination map is defaulted to weapons on the ground. for example, Colombia and Prison EM require you to bring your own guns. it does not make sense to force players onto weapons they may not necessarily want to use. and not everyone has certain guns either. an "even playing field" like this completely limits player freedom (as much pay-to-win as that sounds... it really isn't) and ruins the fun. how do we make sure there is at least a sniper in a particular game? we can't, because it's the players' decision on what they want to use
  • Then what would be a good way to have clan wars without the pay-to-win mechanics?
  • Oh, I have an idea! Why don't we have the Echo 8 option available in all rooms? That way there would not be pay-to-win guns in clan matches (or clan wars) where one clan wants everything Echo 8 like mine (well, other than the no-grenade-or-spray).
  • Then again, why don't we just straight up implement Echo 8 rules in the clan server?
  • Then again,why dont we use the edit function before we go 4 straight posts in a row?

OT: Main problem here seems to be people with VIP's on CW,just dont play against them if you dont want to but not all of them actually know how to use those.

Get a clan and join SPL if you want a match where everyone uses the same weapon since from what I've saw so far,like 90% of them use M4A1 which is even more boring than Counter Strike but whatever...
  • svanced wrote: »
    Then again,why dont we use the edit function before we go 4 straight posts in a row?

OT: Main problem here seems to be people with VIP's on CW,just dont play against them if you dont want to but not all of them actually know how to use those.

Get a clan and join SPL if you want a match where everyone uses the same weapon since from what I've saw so far,like 90% of them use M4A1 which is even more boring than Counter Strike but whatever...

Or we can just enable password protection and have all forum clan wars in appointments. Oh, we can all gather in the Clan War server Channel 8 as well.