I disagree with the clan system

The clan match system is as solid as ever. No other old FPS game has a clan match system that is as fair as this clan match system can be. However, the clan system outside the clan match system has a huge problem. That is the direction where the system is going.

The first problem is the fact that clan members and clans are going away if they do not check back within 90 days. There are clan systems that do not even have this. The reason why this is a problem is the harshness. Things like school and college happen all the time, but that should not mean a whole clan has to go away because of this. College requires full attention for a total of 30 weeks. That is plenty more than 90 days. At this rate, this game will start bleeding fans at a very rapid rate because they have lost their clans just because they were too busy doing other things. What is even worse is that there is a clan system in other games where once a clan is established, it stays forever--no strings attached. By forcing activity on the users this game is setting itself up for failure, no offence, but I am only being honest.

The second problem is the fact that establishing a clan requires players to reach the rank of Staff Sergeant. Don't get me wrong, I am quite close, but for others it will take a long time due to the ranking differences and better weapons that everyone else has. Even I thought I was never going to make it even though I was at Sergeant Class One (I am now Class Three). The problem is that agreements cannot be made unless everything is organized in a private match, but even then one group would still have an advantage because that group would play longer on one side than the other. The reason why I prefer the clan match system is because of the two halves that each have an equal number of rounds, which are implemented automatically. Yet here we have that slightly better system not available for those who are busy with college or jobs.

Even if the match system used in clan matches were available for those who are not in a clan, how can a group of friends identify themselves as a special group of friends and not randoms?

The bottom line is, people will be busy for a long time at one point, but they should not have their status revoked just because of this.

Comments

• The first point is just one huge drama.

You only need to login for 5 minutes one time during those 90/180 days and you'll be fine.
  • svanced wrote: »
    The first point is just one huge drama.

You only need to login for 5 minutes one time during those 90/180 days and you'll be fine.

Pretty much
    The first point is just one huge drama.

The problem is remembering to log on for five minutes every 90 days. I know this is frustrating because I am already a clan master in other games. This game is starting to be exactly like Combat Arms with a better clan match system. Why didn't Smilegate just host Combat Arms instead? It might as well!

Clan activity should be encouraged, not enforced.

I get that 90 days is three months, but some people just do not have the time. Besides, the new system will only make things look worse. People can only play for so long until they forget about this game and then go back. At least we should make this a whole year for the clan master instead.
  • I even thought of this idea of the party system which is pretty much another clan system but without the 90/180 day clan restriction. That way we can have party matches the same way we have clan matches. I thought about this because the regular matches are just too chaotic.
  • The problem is remembering to log on for five minutes every 90 days.

is everything in this world a problem? just put a reminder/create an event in your phone's calendar and make it repeat each 80 days or so and you'll be fine dafuq
    is everything in this world a problem? just put a reminder/create an event in your phone's calendar and make it repeat each 80 days or so and you'll be fine dafuq

I will try to see if that works and then I will get back to you. No I am not kidding.
  • So I have tried to set up for 80 days, but I can only go as far as every month. After that it would be every year, and no, I cannot set this in days. Perhaps I should try logging on every month? I think that might be a safer bet after all.

I have already posted another thread talking about this. The talk about this can migrate there. I think a moderator moved it to CrossFire Barracks. The title is "not sure where this would go."
  • So I have tried to set up for 80 days, but I can only go as far as every month. After that it would be every year, and no, I cannot set this in days. Perhaps I should try logging on every month? I think that might be a safer bet after all.

I have already posted another thread talking about this. The talk about this can migrate there. I think a moderator moved it to CrossFire Barracks. The title is "not sure where this would go."

Try 60 days/2 months then. or you can manually setup a certain date each 80 days with the event "login in crossfire so you dont lose your clan leader" xD
  • The 90 days rule only applies to leaders and a leader should be active anyway. Not to mention, logging in once in every month for 5 minutes is really no big deal and this way you don't have to fear being auto-kicked.

Regarding the rank requirement for making a clan, it really couldn't be lower.
    Anyone can reach Staff Sergeant in about 10-15 hours of gameplay (could even do it in 5-6 hours without any VIPs) and someone with less experience than that shouldn't make a clan.

If I had to complain about something, it would be the scarce amount of LT spots.
  • Why not take the Middleground and do it in a way that Clans created after the change are affected, not the ones before.

Or if not that, then atleast those created back in 2012 or something.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Why not take the Middleground and do it in a way that Clans created after the change are affected, not the ones before.

I don't understand what you mean by that.
    ' wrote:
    Sake;4212357']someone with less experience than that shouldn't make a clan.

So you're giving a middle finger to someone like me who is already a clan master in other games? You do realize I am only one level away, right? I have been playing for years, too.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Why not take the Middleground and do it in a way that Clans created after the change are affected, not the ones before.

In a way I can understand your point, however, they introduced these new requirements especially so that dead clans will stop taking up space. They said so in the thread itself, I think.
    So you're giving a middle finger to someone like me who is already a clan master in other games? You do realize I am only one level away, right? I have been playing for years, too.

Middle finger? What are you talking about?

As I said, you can reach that level very easily. If you are only one level away that means you don't need much more.

Being a clan leader in other games does not mean that you should already be one here too. So what if you have been playing other games for years?
    You have just started playing this one not long ago or you would already be higher ranked.

I'm not against you specially becoming a leader, but if every new player made their own clan after playing the game for a few days then after another few days/weeks they decided that this was enough and moved on to another game, there would be thousands of dead clans and Z8 doesn't want that.
  • Why do we even bother... this thread is kind of dead now that I have founded QuadNil and talked to a moderator about the new restrictions and why they are in place...
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;4212909']]You have just started playing this one not long ago or you would already be higher ranked.

Just so you know, I started playing this game since 2009.

Other than that, though, I have discussed this with a mod, and my clan is not planning on staying for long anyway. This thread is redundant now. It can go.

---CLOSURE REQUESTED---
This discussion has been closed.