Should the kick vote system stay in zm/mm/hm/hmx?

Hi guys, I've been playing crossfire since 2009 and I love playing crossfire everyday especially ZM,MM,HM and HMX. These mode were especially fun back in the old days where the kick vote system weren't implanted. I can understand that back then we had a lots of hackers/blockers/gitchers which created a huge nuisance to many players. However, people that were above average(me) that knows what they're doing will get kicked also in the process. Now I'm not saying that these modes isn't fun anymore because I keep getting kicked, it has just been a nuisance now in 2015 because you guys have a incredible hack detector(xfire) which demolished all the hacks in zm, mm, hm, hmx(haven't seen a hacker yet since 2014 November). I just can't understand why we even need a kick vote system in these 4 modes. Yes I can understand that we need it for blockers/laggers/glitchers but whenever I tell the entire room this, the vote never pass but when I'm getting kicked it goes through automatically(Yes I know this can be prevented if you have friends/clan mates with you, but I usually want to play 1 vs 15{the pressure is real} without worrying about the fact that I might get killed by my friends. They also don't want to face against me lol)... Furthermore, the amount of people getting kicked for no reason is 100x more likely than a correct vote. As of 2015, I think that the vote system should be removed in these 4 modes because it's simply not being used right anymore nowadays and there is no reason to have it. This would benefit almost everyone since the kick vote system was meant for hackers and now they are gone in these modes.

Now guys I want your opinion about whether we should keep the kick vote system in zm/mm/hm/hmx or remove it in future patches. Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to your responses.

Comments

• I've rarely seen the ZM kick vote used properly. The other modes still need it.

Yeah it has been a while since I have seen a racker roaming as well, but imagine the mayhem they could cause if there was nothing the players could do to slow em down.

The kick vote will get abused no matter the hacking situation. :(
  • I've rarely seen the ZM kick vote used properly. The other modes still need it.

Yeah it has been a while since I have seen a racker roaming as well, but imagine the mayhem they could cause if there was nothing the players could do to slow em down.

The kick vote will get abused no matter the hacking situation. :(

For others hacking may be a problem, but I'm a hacker killer so I would much prefer hackers join my game and not get kicked from the room. At least at this rate I have some fun and I will have so much pleasure in killing the hackers. xD
  • I agree that the kick vote should be removed from ZM, but I'm not so sure about mutant modes. Right now there are very few of them, but if a wave of hackers floods CF again it could make these modes unplayable without the option of kicking.
  • I don't think it should stay for ZM, they always kicks me out on the final round. I still think we need it for MM/HM and HMX though.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;4195369']I agree that the kick vote should be removed from ZM, but I'm not so sure about mutant modes. Right now there are very few of them, but if a wave of hackers floods CF again it could make these modes unplayable without the option of kicking.

I am for certain that people won't even kick the hackers in the first place lol. They would rather kick people that are a nuisance instead of hackers.
  • It should either be removed from ZM or they should change it back to unanimous agreement to kick.

Mutation Knight is wonderful without the kick vote system, even when there are hackers in mutation people are more likely to kick the legit players with high scores, high ranks, low pings, or VIP guns than they are to kick a hacker.
  • I rarely play ZM, but I've made the same observations as Andrew there. Kicking abilities are abused there. Remove it or not, I wouldn't care.

For MM/HM/HMX however, I think it should stay.
    Just like you, I've played these modes for quite a long time (since summer 2010). I've enjoyed them ever since. However, the huge hacking wave in 2011 was more than just a nuisance, it was hell. Therefore, I was glad when the kicking ability was introduced, even though that meant blocking was not an option to get kills anymore.
    You're right in saying there are virtually no hackers in these modes now. However, I don't think this is due to Xtrap, but more due to the fact that hackers literally affect everybody there. There is no team that is benefitting from from the hacker while the other is not and because of that, hackers are not welcome in these modes.
    It is also right that the kick system is often abused in these modes, just like in ZM. Still, I find it useful to remove the occasional hacker, glitchers and especially laggers. The latter may not be as disturbing for your experience as hackers, but they can really f*ck up your game as well. That is why I kick people above 150 ping and support kicks of anybody with a ping above 120.
    I wouldn't want to miss the kick system in HM, even though that means I have to watch out carefully towards the end of the game since jealous guys and trolls like to kick top-ranking players.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    I rarely play ZM, but I've made the same observations as Andrew there. Kicking abilities are abused there. Remove it or not, I wouldn't care.

Just like you, I've played these modes for quite a long time (since summer 2010). I've enjoyed them ever since. However, the huge hacking wave in 2011 was more than just a nuisance, it was hell. Therefore, I was glad when the kicking ability was introduced, even though that meant blocking was not an option to get kills anymore.
    You're right in saying there are virtually no hackers in these modes now. However, I don't think this is due to Xtrap, but more due to the fact that hackers literally affect everybody there. There is no team that is benefitting from from the hacker while the other is not and because of that, hackers are not welcome in these modes.
    It is also right that the kick system is often abused in these modes, just like in ZM. Still, I find it useful to remove the occasional hacker, glitchers and especially laggers. The latter may not be as disturbing for your experience as hackers, but they can really f*ck up your game as well. That is why I kick people above 150 ping and support kicks of anybody with a ping above 120.
    I wouldn't want to miss the kick system in HM, even though that means I have to watch out carefully towards the end of the game since jealous guys and trolls like to kick top-ranking players.

best regards,
    Urkel

Thanks for your opinion, it is greatly appreciated! However, I still find that after 1000+ games, people still doesn't want to kick who I want to kick(obvious blockers/laggers 200+ping/glitchers). They always want to kick nuisance players that is annoying them, but not people that is harmful to everyone in the room.
  • How hard would it be to actually remove the vote system from all these modes for a month or an unspecified period of time and see if there will actually be a "wave of hackers" instead of just speculating that.

If a "wave of hackers" really does happend,then just release a quick patch overnight and add the vote system back.

But these simpyl things are too much for today's devs,right? I've quitted this game for 1-2 years and from the annoucement section I can see that even a simple thing as handling out event prizes is hard stuff so my idea basically goes to the trash bin.
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    I rarely play ZM, but I've made the same observations as Andrew there. Kicking abilities are abused there. Remove it or not, I wouldn't care.

best regards,
    Urkel

Here's the thing... The vote system may not be taken but it should cost 30 GP a kick and Z8 should have a team reviewing all the kicks... If someone complain about a kick they would see if it was or not a good kick. If it was a stupid/raging kick, the person who kicked would be banned for 2 days for example...
    Its just my opinion :)