For sound designers or programmers.

Hello,

I noticed that I play way better when I don't hear the sound of my m4 (I just put some music on it) .

Problem is, I can't hear footsteps.

Is there already a way to stop the sound of our gun but not footsteps.

If not, is it possible to make one?

Same for the sound of the grenades. You can't hear foosteps when someone is launching a grenade and u're always like:

"OMG STOP THIS"

This is really getting on my nerves when I play. I don't know if i'm the only one, but thats really boring to me.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• Disabling gun sounds isn't allowed, as these sounds are stored in .rez files (people used to do it in GM, it gave them a huge advantage, which is why it's not allowed), and modifying .rez files can get you banned.

As for grenade sounds, the explosion itself can't be disabled (same reason, .rez file), but the "fire in the hole" radio call can be deleted for every grenade type (they're stored in your crossfire folder, rez>Snd2>english>message and "woman" instead of "english" for female characters if I'm not mistaken).
  • I'm not speaking about disabling it for everyone don't worry.

I'm just asking you to make in The Options-> Sound something like :

"Disable gun sound for yourself"

If you're already talking about disabling it only for yourself, well, i'm just asking the sound designers not to make something that is killing your ears.

Actually i'm not playing ghost mode, cause, uh, I suck at knifing. But in SD I have to put my sound really low so it doesn't get on my nerves. This way, people who are not disturbed by gun sound get a huge advantage on me, no? :D

Plus, people using weapons with a silencer get a huge advantage in gm too then.
    I would actually use my custom if it wasn't that overpowered (YoloNoRecoil) but i want to play regular so i can't :/

There is a huge problem on cross fire for people who want to play without overpowered items, just sayin.

I can understand this isn't your first problem because we aren't that much, but , you know, think about us sometimes ;)

Thank you for the grenade tip anyway :)