[Suggestion] Bring Back Holiday GP Crates

Remember back in the day, when that time of the year would come around, and you could win a permanent holiday hat from a black market GP crate? I won the permanent pumpkin helmet, and came close at least a few times to winning the permanent santa hat. I miss those days, and anyone that's been around for them probably does too.

I've spent year after year looking forward to the possibility of holiday GP crates coming back, but to my and many other people's dismay, they have not returned. I propose that we bring back the holiday GP crates with new rewards similar to the style of the old crates. Ever wanted that new santa hat or pair of bunny ears all year round? Well now you can have it! The crates don't just have to be head slot items, though, they could be filled with any item your character can wear (or maybe even grenades, sprays, or name-tags, who knows).

Now I know this thread sounds like I'm just taking a trip down memory lane, but think about it. Bringing back holiday GP crates would make the holidays that much more special. Especially for F2P players that don't want to purchase ZP but still want something festive for the holidays. Holiday GP crates would allow for people with more gp than they know what to do with to pursue a cosmetic gear that would display their glory. They would also give a nostalgic feeling to all the veterans that remember back to the earlier days of CF and give new players another reason to stick around. I don't want to go on sounding like a crazed salesperson, but just contemplate what a nice present a holiday gp crate would make.

I don't quite know why z8 stopped putting out the holiday crates around the holidays, but I hope they bring them back. I hope they at least consider the possibility of bringing them back in the future, or at least give a good explanation for why they haven't or won't be.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. [size=+2]Merry Christmas![/size]
-Faith

Edit: changed "selection from" to "style of" for clarification (I want new rewards, not old ones to be re-released. Kudos to Garrison for bringing that to light.)

Comments