Hackshield improvements

X-trap or a new hackshield should, after it detected a cheat, save the data and make a log about every account and IP the cheat was used on, so what I am saying is that it should ALLOW PEOPLE TO USE THE CHEAT for like 1-2 weeks, and then ban every account that used it + every account of the person who used it.

This would spread fear under those who got expensive accounts, because in order to cheat without risking it they'd have to switch their IP's every time before logging in on their main account, or have a dynamic IP wich from what I know not many people have.

It would work out pretty well for cf especially because cf doesnt seem to have those top secret vip hacks that other games such as cs have because even public cheats seem to have every feature a cheater needs to have fun + it usually takes ages until it gets detected, if I am not totally misinformed I would say there is 1 or maybe 2 big hacks that are used, and I bet if those would be treated the way I suggested before you would lose 3/4 of your costumers *cough* and spread fear and a clear warning to cheaters, of course this won't stop those kids who only play to cheat as they will just make more and more accounts, but I would say that the majority of the cheaters actually are 2nd accs of normal players with often highranked accounts or at least with many items, and they most likely won't risk it for cheating.

So in case you/smilegate/wiselogic or whoever would be responsible for it would think about changing or massivly improving the hackshield they should maybe keep this in mind.

P.s. I dont know a lot about ip's and the possibilities to change it etc so if there's a valid reason why you'd say it wouldnt be possible/a good idea to ban every account that has ever used the IP please just let me know and focus on the rest of the suggestion. (public wlan wouldnt be a valid argument imo as, at least in cf eu, it's said to not use public wlan in order to not risk unneccessary bans, I dont know how it's here though)

Comments

• I believe x-trap already does this. If you hack on one account and get banned, the rest of your accounts will get banned if your account information is saved by typing "Save Password" on the login screen.

However, in order to bypass this, players these days don't tick the save password box since they know if they get banned then all of their accounts will get banned.

On the other hand, your idea is kind of advanced version of what x-trap is already doing. I guess it will help with the reducing the amount of hackers there are. But I don't know if x-trap are allowed to save other user's IP and stuff since it could be violating a data protection act.

Overall, +1 from me!
  • Z8 claims that they have their own methods of "linking" accounts. The only problem is that all it takes is a VM/Sandbox and a proxy and you'll become completely anonymous.

X-Trap however does do a good job when it comes to detecting VMs/Sandboxes; in fact it's been doing too good of a job that it's giving false alarms to many people (e.g. your operating system has been corrupted).
  • Couldn't they do something about detecting when the files have been altered?
    An example is dayz mod, when you change arma 2 files by adjusting settings in program files. It shows everyone that you are using modified data, wouldn't that be better to spot when some one is using hacks