Gun Gifting Suggestion

Ok, before you start castrating me about how this is a horrible idea, wait, please read this over and give some constructive criticism.

I know other CF variants have a gifting system in them, and that's all fine and dandy, but we don't have anything like that. What i propose is that you should be able to gift duplicate weapons that you get from the black market to other players. The process of gifting a gun would be rather challenging, and that's to prevent people from stealing guns from other accounts. For starters, one could only trade duplicate firearms they get off the black market. This means you would NOT be able to gift VIP guns, you would NOT be able to gift knives, you would NOT be able to gift guns that are available in the Item Shop, and you would NOT be able to gift black market weapons that you only have one of.

In order to start off this gift process, both users would have to be on at the same time and the person giving the gift would have to be rank Second Lieutenant 1 or higher, and the receiver must be staff sergeant 1 or higher.. The person with the duplicate weapon he would want to gift would select a button saying "gift" in the weapon inventory tab, which would display any duplicate weapons they have. They would then select the weapon they want to give, followed by selecting the person on his friends list to give the weapon to. At that point, they would be asked whether the person and weapon they selected are correct, along with a prompt to add a personal message. If they say no, they have to start the process over. If they say yes, an E-mail would be sent to the gifters accounts registered E-mail address, thus preventing anyone randomly hacking an account from gifting a weapon to themselves without being able to access the accounts registered e-mail as well. The E-mail would ask them to click a link to confirm the gift process, or a second link to deny it. Once confirmed, then would follow a seven day period in which the every time the gifter logs in and joins a server group, he would receive a prompt stating that they are currently in the process of gifting whatever gun it is to whoever it is they're gifting it to, and that they can halt this process at any time by selecting a certain option. The gifter would have to log in a minimum of two days over that seven day period to fully confirm that the weapon will be sent. After the seven day period has passed, and the gifter has responded yes to said prompt twice (or more depending), the weapon will be sent. The reciever will recieve a message from the gifter stating what weapon was sent, along with any sort of personal message they put in at the beginning of the process. The gifter would get a notice saying that the weapon had been gifted, and that so and so will enjoy the new weapon. After the gift goes through, a thirty day timer will start, over which the gifting account will not be able to initiate giving any more gifts.

Now, to simplify this, Let me use an example. I have, on my account, two ruger bisley liquid metals, of which, i would want to give one to a friend. I would select "gift" in the weapons inventory tab, followed by the ruger bisley LM that pops up, along with any other duplicates. I would then select the friend i would want to give it to, and enter a personal message, and confirm it. Then, I would have to check my E-mail and accept the gift request there as well. At that point, it's a waiting game, at which point ever time i log into a server cluster, the game would prompt me whether i would like to cancel or continue the gifting process. After seven days, the gift would go through, and both me and my friend would receive the messages saying that a weapon has been gifted.

I know that's really long, and rather complex, but is there anything i missed? any suggestions? please be constructive with your criticism.

Comments