GP Only dedicated server

Making a suggestions thread means realistically nothing relevant to if this suggestion gets implemented or even considered or not but atleast I get to share it with the community that enjoys the skinny female characters and M4A1 VIPs -_- (sarcasm)

Just like the current rank restricted and region dedicated servers, can we have a GP item, weapon, and character only server?

When I think about my favorite thing about CrossFire, I think of 2008/2009 playing Power Plant TD with an SG552 or Mexico TD with an AK74 or playing Ceyhan SnD with an M4A1 and Deagle when everybody else had just as much of a balanced load out as I did, even if they had different guns. I think about how people could use SMGs and shotguns and do just as well as they would with an AK47; all they had to do was adjust their playing style without sitting in a corner the whole round of SnD so that they dont walk into the sight of a STAR camping GR spawn and feel like they got killed with 1 shot because the VIP M4 shoots straight for the first 6 or 7 bullets due to its lack of recoil.

That's what was fun about CrossFire. The classic SAS, Russian, and SWAT character modelsand the simplicity of only needing game sense and headshot ability to have more than fun while playing. The same hundreds, probably thousands of American/UK players that felt this way would eventually get tired of the ridiculousness of skinny characters and as of the M14, recoiless guns only achievable by spending tons of real life money, and they would get into competitive CrossFire which never really was organized and honestly sad that the players had to adopt a public server as a single competitive server channel and then have PUGs constantly ruined by BRs, EGYs, and other people that think they are pro even though they use all of the ridiculous advantages available. These American/UK players would eventually leave the bame more and more due to the bad taste that SG/Z8's exploitative marketing strategies would bring and now, the unofficial competitive server channel is empty for 20 hours out of the day and the only people that play seriously are chinese clans that are probably 20% of the games population but enjoy the fact that the game caters more and more to their play style that disregards classic CrossFire game mechanics.

Introducing this server would invite so many more people back to CrossFire and expand the market even more in the very neglected Western Hemisphere of this game.

What do you all think.

Comments

• It would be nice to see something like this happen, but knowing SG it won't. That would just bring down their profit. Play with your friends or clanmates, or go on UK5/Echo if you want to play in a slightly better room (considering equality). Even UK5 is full of Egy tryhards and high pingers. This community has been dead for a long time. This game is turning into a CHINA-EGYPT instead of it being NA-UK.
  • Have you ever heard of uk 5 / e8 ?

Yes I have. I actually mentioned E8 in OP. E8 is EMPTY. UK5 is across the Atlantic Ocean and gives me 100+ ping.
    Also, they arent dedicated servers like I suggested. They are normal servers that a small group of players know to be a place to hold competitive games. But ZP items are still allowed into the servers.
  • NileCRO1 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see something like this happen, but knowing SG it won't. That would just bring down their profit. Play with your friends or clanmates, or go on UK5/Echo if you want to play in a slightly better room (considering equality). Even UK5 is full of Egy tryhards and high pingers. This community has been dead for a long time. This game is turning into a CHINA-EGYPT instead of it being NA-UK.

1. You don't know SG.

2. It wouldn't bring down their profit. It wouldn't touch or interfere with anything ZP related because it would be a seperate, GP only entity that people could play on by choice. If anything, it would feed the market and increase the profit because a large new player base and returning former player base would find their way back into the game.
  • Mind if I ask a question? If someone with a ZP character and a few ZP guns in their bag was to join this server, would the guns be removed from the bag and returned to storage? Or would they just grey out like they are in some modes? I know the model would probably temporarily swap to the basic GP character models for the server, but what about the GP items on the ZP character? Would they be swapped over to the GP character by default and then returned once you go back to a normal server? Explain how this would be done please ^^;
  • Mind if I ask a question? If someone with a ZP character and a few ZP guns in their bag was to join this server, would the guns be removed from the bag and returned to storage? Or would they just grey out like they are in some modes? I know the model would probably temporarily swap to the basic GP character models for the server, but what about the GP items on the ZP character? Would they be swapped over to the GP character by default and then returned once you go back to a normal server? Explain how this would be done please ^^;

Thankyou so much for the constructive post.

Just like the rank restricted server, Rookie Server, where you cant access the server if you are above the rank restriction, in the GP dedicated server, you wouldn't be allowed to access the server if you are outside of the character restriction. From there, once you get into the server, and find yourself a lobby you would like to join, any bag slots containing ZP weapons or nades would be grey-ed out like you said, just like in a sniper only game when you see your bag slot with an M4 grey-ed out.

Then, once youre in the game, there could be a filter that chooses to not load any ZP items, just like how in a sniper only game, your M4 won't load. Maybe an exception for EXP+ items bought with ZP could be made but I don't think ranking up would be a concern in a GP exclusive server.

If that for some reason wouldn't work, which I can't imagine why it wouldn't, the ZP items could load but their effects wouldnt. So, any character items like a beret that gives you 20%+ EXP, would not give you an EXP boost. Instead, the beret would be entirely superficial and remain visible on the character to look cool. BUT, I would rather this not be the case because for a "Classic" CrossFire server, indian feather hats and angel wing items and things like that wouldn't make sense.
  • Great idea but they need to get fed with money
  • mariasexy wrote: »
    Great idea but they need to get fed with money

They will be fed with money. This GP only "Classic" Server will be as out of the way and irrelevant to money spending as the Rookie Server. It does nothing to effect or discourage ZP transactions. The server will just be a place for people to play a "classic" version of crossfire. People will still buy M4 VIPs and think they are pro on North America 1
  • Great idea. Pub gaming without vip heros...
    But we are getting even not a higher rank restricted server... :(
  • fail_a_lot wrote: »
    Great idea. Pub gaming without vip heros...
    But we are getting even not a higher rank restricted server... :(

There are tons of hackers from outside the NA/UK that have high ranks so a "high rank only" server would mean pretty much nothing. It would literally be the same thing as the North America server with a slightly smaller number of players. Maybe we aren't getting that server because it's not a very good idea.

A GP "Classic" server, on the other hand, would bring back the long forgotten face of CrossFire that almost all of the original (now former) players enjoyed.
  • alright

I'd love to see something like this, and while it's less advanced right now, theres a system in the game that could work for this, the one that takes out rifles/pistols from your bag in a knife only and such.
    Doesn't strike a layman as much of a stretch to make it check if the gun is GP or ZP, there are several markers in the game such as the resell button - what I mean is the game has to know if a gun is GP or not already. Mind you that stuff like ZP characters and armor might be more complicated.

To play the devils advocate too, I'd expect an argument against along the lines of: Your current player base doesn't support this division of players this would result in. ZP players would stop buying ZP because a majority would choose to play on the servers without the ZP items.

And to counter that myself: Introducing VIP servers along with GP servers would mean equal opportunity for both sides of the fence to play as they choose, and is a system already in place for other versions.

op: Great constructive thread, thanks! <3
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    alright

I'd love to see something like this, and while it's less advanced right now, theres a system in the game that could work for this, the one that takes out rifles/pistols from your bag in a knife only and such.
    Doesn't strike a layman as much of a stretch to make it check if the gun is GP or ZP, there are several markers in the game such as the resell button - what I mean is the game has to know if a gun is GP or not already. Mind you that stuff like ZP characters and armor might be more complicated.

To play the devils advocate too, I'd expect an argument against along the lines of: Your current player base doesn't support this division of players this would result in. ZP players would stop buying ZP because a majority would choose to play on the servers without the ZP items.

And to counter that myself: Introducing VIP servers along with GP servers would mean equal opportunity for both sides of the fence to play as they choose, and is a system already in place for other versions.

Do you have any way to forward this thread to the GMs, being a mod? If so, that would be of great help, seeing this is what a lot of players might want/need.

Back before CF Eu, people used to scrim uk3-8... not uk5, just saying

EDIT :

So you're suggesting an idea about making a GP only server? right?
    alright

Good idea about the VIP only server. That might be something like CF China's community that involves VIP's in competitive play. And honestly, it only makes sense that a VIP player that payed a hundred dollars for a gun should have an official place to go and be competitive with it.
  • This is absolutely possible, right now there are only 1-2 full servers for na and uk. The rest are just empty. Just take 1 server from each region and make it gp only, those empty servers are just there wasting electricity anyway.
  • If they would make a server like that there will never be enough players to fill it up. There are not enough players without zp weapons.
  • loller1207 wrote: »
    If they would make a server like that there will never be enough players to fill it up. There are not enough players without zp weapons.

I have 7 pages of zp guns and I would still play on it (and I'm not alone), so this argument is invalid.

Have you see people bring in ZP guns?

I have.
    If they would make a server like that there will never be enough players to fill it up. There are not enough players without zp weapons.

Of course they have to allow people with zp items to join the server, just as long as they dont have any zp items equipped they can join the matches.
    If they would make a server like that there will never be enough players to fill it up.

With that argument, they might aswell shut down every server besides NA1 and UK1 since they are the servers that are "filled up".
    Big_Z_WSM wrote: »
    Of course they have to allow people with zp items to join the server, just as long as they dont have any zp items equipped they can join the matches.

They can still have ZP items and weapons equipped, they just wouldn't appear during the match. The way things should work would be similar to not being able to use a rifle in a sniper only match.
  • So, [MOD] dot, with your powerful support, could this idea become realized in CF NA/UK?
  • My support isn't powerful at all I'm afraid, so probably not.
    It's an easy guess based on how much GP content we're getting - devs seem to cringe at the thought.
    My support isn't powerful at all I'm afraid, so probably not.
    It's an easy guess based on how much GP content we're getting - devs seem to cringe at the thought.

;(

Thankyou for your time. lol.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;4134263']I have 7 pages of zp guns and I would still play on it (and I'm not alone), so this argument is invalid.
    It's not because you will others will. If i see a server with a lot of players i choose that one, not the half empty one. If you don't want to play vs vips go uk5/uk1/ ech 8, it's the same almost nobody there.
  • Big_Z_WSM wrote: »
    Players payed for the zp guns to use it, the most of them did. They want to play with it and and now and then they want to play with their gp weapons. The time they play with their gp weapons is less than het time with their zp weapons. The GP server will never get filled up. Rarely players will play on that server. Less GP/exp. The MODS/GMs should better waste their time on something else. New kick system!
  • Ioller1207 wrote: »
    It's not because you will others will. If i see a server with a lot of players i choose that one, not the half empty one. If you don't want to play vs vips go uk5/uk1/ ech 8, it's the same almost nobody there.

Nobody plays in those hidden server channels because nothing directly says that they are used for competitive gaming. They are all channels that you have to hear about from someone else and because of this, not everybody knows about them.

This server or server channel would be an official, announced place that all the few thousand people that keep updated with the forum would see and it would even be visible in-game, with a special server name and maybe someother details.
    loller1207 wrote: »
    Players payed for the zp guns to use it, the most of them did. They want to play with it and and now and then they want to play with their gp weapons. The time they play with their gp weapons is less than het time with their zp weapons. The GP server will never get filled up. Rarely players will play on that server. Less GP/exp. The MODS/GMs should better waste their time on something else. New kick system!

Whether the server gets filled up or not is not relevant at all to anything because the only one or two out of like 12 servers are barely at full capacity during peek times. And your argument about players not playing with GP guns as much as ZP guns has nothing to do with the people that like playing with GP guns and the people that are tired of their flashy, unique spray pattern, OP crate guns or VIPs.