Create Mode Specific Servers!

I went on CF CN's normal servers and saw how great they manage them! Players turned each server into a mode specific server like..

Server for SND
Server for Mutation Variants
Server for Wave Mode/SSTDM
Server for Zombie Mode
Server for TDM
Server for FFA
Server for Ghost Mode/Shadow

It would be super cool if this happened in NA! My idea is that we as a community, and with the help of the GMs, establish the same thing! It's not too late ya know!

(P.S you should remove rank restriction on NA-4)

NA-1: Wave Mode/Zombie Mode
NA-2: Mutation Variants
NA-3: Ghost Mode/Shadow Mode
NA-4: Team Deathmatch/FFA
NA-5: Search and Destroy/Elimination
NA-6: Reserved for events/farming (since E8 may want a new place to farm..)

Why this should happen:

- I see no flaw into this happening (except the amount of time it would take for us to get everyone to know which server is for which).

- It would greatly be more organized, and enable players old and new to easily navigate to their favorite mode!

- Keeps ALL servers active and alive! Not like our current ones, where NA-1 is squished to death, while NA-4 being the farm server and NA-5 being the competitive servers.

Ways on how to do this:

- Rename servers with mode specific ones (i.e NA-5: Search and Destroy)

- Increase amount of EXP/GP earned while playing the mode meant for the server

- Message to player when entering server saying "Welcome to the (mode) server!"

- Giviing players a weekly prize for playing 1 hour of the mode meant for the servers, 1 prize allowed only per week (all servers).

(Search and Destroy: C4 Fast Plant/Defuse or Expand Grenade Slot)
(Team Deathmatch/Free For All: Random Weapon Magazine)
(Ghost Mode/Shadow Mode: Random Shadow or Ghost Mode item)
(Mutation Variants: Dread, Mutation Magazine or Reduce Knockback)
(Wave Mode/Zombie Mode: WAVE: Random GP Gem or Gem Removal Coupon. ZM: Large Hypomed or Intrusion Coin)

Items would last 3 Days Only, and if it's a consumable item, 1 EA

Comments

• Actually, this is a pretty cool idea. The title had me skeptical of the necessity of this idea, but you know the old "you can't judge a thread by its title" saying.

My only question is how would you balance out the rank restricted servers with the current number of servers we have. I'd actually suggest that instead of having whole rank restricted servers, give the host the ability to make rank restricted rooms. This way people looking for specific modes don't have to surf a rank restricted channel trying to find one (mainly a problem for the NA servers), and people can play more hacker infested modes with less risk of encountering them.
  • Pretty well thought out and with the right community support this could very well work.

Only 1 thing tho, i'd change the intrusion coin to a revival coin instead. Seeing as how you can pretty much get a whole bunch of intrusion coins just by simply playing the game in itself.

+1 tho.
  • The thing is CF china is still very popular, still very large amount of people playing and supporting that game, thats why they are able to have more stuffs than us. Over here, 2 full servers, the rest are just sitting there wasting electricity, any more major improvements would be considered almost useless to this game.

Right now, just get rid of all the hakers and all the client errors bs, im happy. But we all know thats not gonna happen either.
  • +1
    I like the idea, although it's only NA1 that has some pulse in it.
  • 1+ for channel-name change *.,* no need for extra bonuses *..*
  • Ouros_dono wrote: »
    Actually, this is a pretty cool idea. The title had me skeptical of the necessity of this idea, but you know the old "you can't judge a thread by its title" saying.

My only question is how would you balance out the rank restricted servers with the current number of servers we have. I'd actually suggest that instead of having whole rank restricted servers, give the host the ability to make rank restricted rooms. This way people looking for specific modes don't have to surf a rank restricted channel trying to find one (mainly a problem for the NA servers), and people can play more hacker infested modes with less risk of encountering them.

It'd be kinda hard if you think about it tho, to find a your specific rank and higher restricted room.

It'd be better if they reserved at least 2 channels per servers for higher ranks (Staff Sergant or 2nd LT). I mean not a lot of people even use NA-4 so...
    mjey wrote: »
    Pretty well thought out and with the right community support this could very well work.

Only 1 thing tho, i'd change the intrusion coin to a revival coin instead. Seeing as how you can pretty much get a whole bunch of intrusion coins just by simply playing the game in itself.

+1 tho.

Well, it is Z8Games, I don't think they'd be too happy giving out free things, espicially ZP ones. Before writing the thread I did consider revive tokens, but I feel like it would kill Zombie Mode even more (infinite revives = no challenge at all)
  • It'd be kinda hard if you think about it tho, to find a your specific rank and higher restricted room.

It'd be better if they reserved at least 2 channels per servers for higher ranks (Staff Sergant or 2nd LT). I mean not a lot of people even use NA-4 so...

Well, it is Z8Games, I don't think they'd be too happy giving out free things, espicially ZP ones. Before writing the thread I did consider revive tokens, but I feel like it would kill Zombie Mode even more (infinite revives = no challenge at all)

Well they could just make it a weekly reward or something like that.
  • I like this idea, make the first server FFA, since the egys don't read English they always click the first server.

HHHHHHHH.
  • Ily misty.

Delta was a hmx server, then with the release if vips they changed it to a snd server! The server is not popular enough to warrent making more like it.

please note sarcasm
  • +1

Good idea! Randomly joining rooms gets really boring really quick...

This might also result in overpopulated servers for certain modes that are more popular (ex. SND, TDM). Anyways, this won't be a problem yet since all of the servers seem to be pretty empty :P
  • mjey wrote: »
    Well they could just make it a weekly reward or something like that.

Hhh bump.

And edited my thread, was pretty sure I typed one prize per week o.o guess I didn't

Let's try and start doing this guyz hhhh
  • Big_Z_WSM wrote: »
    The thing is CF china is still very popular, still very large amount of people playing and supporting that game, thats why they are able to have more stuffs than us. Over here, 2 full servers, the rest are just sitting there wasting electricity, any more major improvements would be considered almost useless to this game.

Right now, just get rid of all the hakers and all the client errors bs, im happy. But we all know thats not gonna happen either.

I would have to agree on this.............................
  • Instead of mode specific servers, mode specific channels sound better
  • I just took a little trip to the main websites of cf europe, cf china, cf vietnam, and cf japan. Im just impressed with their websites, over here they cant even keep the website stable let alone adding all these complex features yall suggesting. Sigh....
  • Gonna bump this thread cuz I can and people like the idea.

If I can get enough people to support this idea, and maybe a GM to support it as well, I will host a little event-competition for this idea..
  • every server had a 10 channels maybe z8 rename them and sort the channels by mode will be better +1 for the rest
  • Bump

Blz dis would be a dream come true <3 Finally some organization