An Old Suggestion Revisited

I seem to remember bringing this up 4+ years ago and will do so again after a horrendous day of non stop hackers in TD.

My suggestion is this:

Create a server for officers only. Silver Bar and better only.

Although some high ranks do use hacks, based on what I have seen, the majority of people who do use them are the lower ranks.

So by creating a server for only the high ranks, who are the people who usually are spending cash and keeping this game alive, you will be creating a better gaming atmosphere for us.

Let me know what you think, but considering I requested this back in 2009 or 2010 and nothing was done, I think I may be wasting my time.

Comments

• Won't happen.

They care more about Egyptians being able to play.
  • It's quite easy to put those requirements on one of the UK
    and NA servers, no idea why we still don't have this...
  • Creative_E wrote: »
    Won't happen.

It would just be a server, anyone who isn't high rank would still have all the other servers and high ranks could play in the other servers as well.
  • Yeah that would be sweet.
    Bad part is all the new players would be excluded from a large portion of the legit player pool
  • hmm okay let me explain something about this.

A newly created account can level up to Captain rank in less than a week thanks to the nade farming + the bonus from vips even if they don't a vip.

Ranks are not a reliable thing in this game, not for skills and surely not for legitimacy.
  • ' wrote:
    America;4102848']hmm okay let me explain something about this.

A newly created account can level up to Captain rank in less than a week thanks to the nade farming + the bonus from vip even if you are not owner.

Ranks are not a reliable thing in this game, not for skills and surely not for legitimacy.

You are right but MOST hackers are not willing to spend money in this game. Sure there is plenty of XP and GP events now but a server for captain rank + would surely help a lot.
  • You are right but MOST hackers are not willing to spend money in this game. Sure there is plenty of XP and GP events now but a server for captain rank + would surely help a lot.

They don't have to pay a penny, you (Legit players) will.

The solution is not a ranked server, it might be a delay but never a solution.

Preventing them (The hackers) from creating an account in the first place would be the solution.
  • Lmao. Worst arguement ever.
    As stated why would a cheater spend 80$+ just to get banned .
  • ' wrote:
    America;4102851']They don't have to pay a penny, you (Legit players) will.

The solution is not a ranked server, it might be a delay but never a solution.

Preventing them (The hackers) from creating an account in the first place would be the solution.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=245368&highlight=creation+account+policy

They created a new account policy in 2013 but I am not sure if they actually are using it lol. There is a limited amount of accounts ( acording to Z8 ) that can be created. 5 accounts per month ( acording to that policy ) and IMO they should limit the account creation by 5 only.
  • Lmao. Worst arguement ever.
    As stated why would a cheater spend 80$+ just to get banned .

hmm I am not sure you got it right maybe ?

The VIP give a public Exp bonus of 30%.

So lets imagine an average of 3 VIPs per room.

Here you go 90% Bonus Exp.

0$
  • http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=245368&highlight=creation+account+policy

They created a new account policy in 2013 but I am not sure if they actually are using it lol. There is a limited amount of accounts ( acording to Z8 ) that can be created. 5 accounts per month ( acording to that policy ) and IMO they should limit the account creation by 5 only.

I think we clearly see that the effect of it is not good enough.

The only true account creation Policy that has been applied is for EU.

*Sorry for the double post, saw the other comment later.
  • ' wrote:
    America;4102854']hmm I am not sure you got it right maybe ?

The VIP give a public Exp bonus of 30%.

So lets imagine an average of 3 VIPs per room.

Here you go 90% Bonus Exp.

0$

You had also suggested self nading , how many low ranks we be allowed to stay in the room before being kicked ?
    You also suggested they can hit cpt in a week.
    I'm sorry I guess I missed all the cheating captains .
    ' wrote:
    America;4102858']I think we clearly see that the effect of it is not good enough.

Considering that you can't track Dynamic IPs nor the hardware(Just Re-Install).

The only true account creation Policy that has been applied is for EU.

*Sorry for the double post, saw the other comment later.

Hardware ids don't change .not sure what you think re installing would do. Unless you meant replacing something.
  • You had also suggested self nading , how many low ranks we be allowed to stay in the room before being kicked ?
    You also suggested they can hit cpt in a week.
    I'm sorry I guess I missed all the cheating captains .

Hardware ids don't change .not sure what you think re installing would do. Unless you meant replacing something.

Okay .. sorry for the unorganized talking.

let me explain it, in details.

Firstly as for nade farming, you don't have to be a vip to farm, just get a couple of friends make a room and there you go.

Secondly the bonus from vips you can get them from normal public gaming, unless you are really lucky and have friends that decide to farm with you and they have a vip item.

Thirdly yes there are a huge amount of "High ranked" cheaters and I don't need to prove it .. they are not as much as the low ranks, but they are not a small quantity.

Lastly, I misplaced the Re-Install thing, I actually meant that you can already access lots of Devices that can create an account for you.
  • ' wrote:
    America;4102864']Okay .. sorry for the unorganized talking.

let me explain it, in details.

Firstly as for nade farming, you don't have to be a vip to farm, just get a couple of friends make a room and there you go.

Secondly the bonus from vips you can get them from normal public gaming, unless you are really lucky and have friends that decide to farm with you and they have a vip item.

Thirdly yes there are a huge amount of "High ranked" cheaters and I don't need to prove it .. they are not as much as the low ranks, but they are not a small quantity.

Lastly, I misplaced the Re-Install thing, I actually meant that you can already access lots of Devices that can create an account for you.

Well, the though of a bunch of smilies self nading to rank up is pretty funny. Atleast it would keep them occupied for a while !

The bonus pub exp would still take cheaters a while to hit
    First lt.

That's too bad. Outside of wave and zm I have not seen any above 2nd lt in quite a while. What do you consider high rank ?

Yeah now they have to use their mom's pc to make accounts. Haha
  • That's too bad. Outside of wave and zm I have not seen any above 2nd lt in quite a while. What do you consider high rank ?

Yeah now they have to use their mom's pc to make accounts. Haha

1- In TD I have seen Majors with aimbots.

+ If you want to see a really desperate hacker ... wait until the final round of any western EM game .. you will find an aimboter shooting through walls, seen enough since the "Endurance" events.

2- Not Just PCs .. You're forgetting "Smartphones" ;)
  • ' wrote:
    America;4102872']1- In TD I have seen Majors with aimbots.

+ If you want to see a really desperate hacker ... wait until the final round of any western EM game .. you will find an aimboter shooting through walls, seen enough since the "Endurance" events.

2- Not Just PCs .. You're forgetting "Smartphones" ;)

That's a shame, all that time possibly money into an account to throw it away.

I have not been shot through yet on that map. Plenty of aimbots.... One was terrifying yet funny. I was the last alive and the gun had rapid fire on a gatlin. I could hear it hitting the other side of the house I was hiding behind .
    Everyone on the other team was like " why is he shooting at the wall ? Oooh f11"

Ah yes I did forget about phone. I guess I was forgetting some of these countries actually have them.
  • Danah wrote: »
    It's quite easy to put those requirements on one of the UK

in the last few days I have seen 4~5 sergeant rank players playing on UK4 so I do not think it that easy for Z8 to make one for the officer rank players
  • Danah wrote: »
    It's quite easy to put those requirements on one of the UK
    High ranked server = less hackers,more legit players and the most important: people with a stable ping.
    But as mentioned earlier in this thread,new players would be upset because they're a way far from the legit players pool.They probably won't see a legit player until they reach to the rank which allows them to join them.And no way in hell that he will continue playing with hackers until then xD
  • Belicose wrote: »
    I seem to remember bringing this up 4+ years ago and will do so again after a horrendous day of non stop hackers in TD.

My suggestion is this:

Although some high ranks do use hacks, based on what I have seen, the majority of people who do use them are the lower ranks.

So by creating a server for only the high ranks, who are the people who usually are spending cash and keeping this game alive, you will be creating a better gaming atmosphere for us.

Let me know what you think, but considering I requested this back in 2009 or 2010 and nothing was done, I think I may be wasting my time.
    You're wrong! I know much hackers with high ranks, and this is ridiculous. So your option will not make difference. Moderators must spend a little more time on Hacking Report messages. All is money brother! So, you have two options; enjoy your game, even if it's not funny or leave the game.
    Good luck!
    Creative_E wrote: »
    Won't happen.

Nah, they care about money.
  • Belicose wrote: »

My suggestion is this:

Just want to point out, officer starts at Butter Bar, Second LT. So an officer only server would be O1(Officer 1, AKA Second LT) and up.

OT: It's been suggested so many times, if it's been floating around so long and hasn't been implemented, what makes you think it will be now?
  • The point of this idea isn't that there are no high rank hackers. The point is that the number of hackers above the rank of second lieutenant is significantly lower than the number above it. Also, once the monthly X-Trap update bans the account you have that is high enough rank to play on this server, then it's a lot more work to make another account to hack it. This will keep most hackers confined to the lower rank servers.

My only concern is that this will not work for NA servers. If you ever see the number of players on the Staff Sergeant servers, it isn't even enough to fill half a channel. I think adding more incentive for players to actually play on these servers is necessary for this idea. In the age of fever bars and VIP how many people care about a five percent boost in GP and experience? I'd say you'd need at least 25% or so to really give any incentive.
  • I Don't Think It Will Ever Happen', But It Would Be Very Nice not Just Nice, Imagine all those Egy Nabs That Are Only Testing Hacks On Us...NO MORE, Just HighRanks Playing Legit And Have Fun... Dam +1
  • karenKeSS wrote: »
    I Don't Think It Will Ever Happen', But It Would Be Very Nice not Just Nice, Imagine all those Egy Nabs That Are Only Testing Hacks On Us...NO MORE, Just HighRanks Playing Legit And Have Fun... Dam +1

Egyptians dont code hacks... they dont test them either. Cheating is the way they have fun much to our surprise...
  • Yeah that would be sweet.
    Bad part is all the new players would be excluded from a large portion of the legit player pool

Indeed.
    I feel so happy when I join rooms where a find lots of new/low-ranked players playing. Because they are easy kill. So I just go around and farm on them.
  • I had been away for 4 years so I'm out of touch with a lot of things.
    I have no idea what nade farming is, and I never farmed at all so any farming tricks are a mystery to me.

To clarify, I know it is easy to get to butterbar rank, that's why I specifically said Silver Bar and higher.

Again, I know that some high ranks do use illegal programs, but the percentage is very low compared to the low ranks.
    If you had a high rank server, you would be playing with them more often and eventually they would be banned since you wouldn't have to concentrate on sending reports on the low ranks all the time.
    It's kind of hard to spot a high rank hacking when you have low ranks shooting through walls at you. The high ranks I imagine use the less obvious hacks like seeing through walls and the occasional aim-bot.
  • +10000000 dont understand why this hasnt been done. Make it like gold/silver bar or higher. Not too sure about captain. Cause ive been legit for like 3+ years with 1 vip, and im just about to be captain :P. Its hard ranking up, and not everyone farms or has vips.