Improve the Filter

Considering how blatant and numerous the amount of hacking is, I would suggest we remove hack related terms from the chat filter.

It is incredibly annoying to have to deliberately typo words in order to tell the other team what hacks a player is using in order to get them kicked. I don't see any real need to censor these words, when it is a reality, even admitted to by Z8 and Smilegate that hackers do indeed exist in games. Censoring the word hack doesn't stop hackers, it only makes it more difficult to convey this point to players on the other team when you do try to get the hackers kicked from a match.

If we acknowledge they exist on the forums, why censor it in-game?

Comments

• While I agree the ingame chat filter is laughably stupid there's actually pretty good reasons to censor words like "hack" and "aimbot" and the like. It makes it harder for accounts that spam the chat with cheating websites. Most of them have "hack" or "free aimbot" etc in the URL so blocking those words isn't to censor people from saying them, period, but to make it harder for the f4gs that promote cheat sites.

There's A TON of other issues with the chat filter that need attention though. I can literally say any swear word I want in game with a simple bypass. The only time I actually get censored in game is when a totally innocent sentence just happens to have a combination of letters that's filtered. The chat filter is effing stupid.

A few examples:

Put a (sniper rifle in bag 2)

But it's (pointless to censor swear words when any idiot can just bypass it)

That's just a couple, but you get the idea. When you want to swear it's easy. When you want to say something innocent you don't think to add the bypass because you didn't think you were swearing. Then your completely inoffensive chat is rendered nonsensical. It's ret4rded and I wouldn't expect anything less from Z8 and the devs.