Stopping cheat advertising in room names

Can Z8 STOP the hack sites from being promoted in the game?

I know that Z8 can't just shut those sites down but this is Z8's game and the room names should be under their control?

Am I being naïve, or do the sites name only come up when the hack from that site is activated?

If so can Z8 change the nature of the room name change and stop players changing the room name themselves and then auto closing any room that has its name changed by the hack site programme?

We cannot talk about the sites here so why must we suffer their advertising in game.

It does flag up rooms to avoid though which is helpful. But it is a constant reminder of the hacking problem.

Comments

• I'd wager, that in theory they could just find out the hack sites most commonly posted in game, and then add those to the filter.

Though, considering the last time the filter was updated, I'm starting to think they have no access to that code anymore.
  • 13JDog thx , It's my idea for sure

I just got a new simple idea cuz of you that may work !

when u download hack and run it ... it changes the room names which is in a file ( I can't remember it but I can get it easily )

GMs/developers just got to do a way that if they detect a change in the file of " Room names "

it simply closes the game ! :3

I'm sure Most of Egys won't be able to know that and change the file to the old regular names , that may work for sometime I hope.

P.S : I don't understand that much in programming obviously , but I hope making a way to detect the change in file of " Room names " is easy or possible.

To be serious now :P

Yea I liked your idea !

+1
  • 13JDog thx , It's my idea for sure

GMs/developers just got to do a way that if they detect a change in the file of " Room names "
    it simply closes the game ! :3

I'm sure Most of Egys won't be able to know that and change the file to the old regular names , that may work for sometime I hope.

Not going to help and its the least of their worries there's plenty of more things you can do which are much worse. Even if it detected file size change by bytes you can easily add empty spaces to the hack promotion to take the original size over. X-trap in theory just read the strings within the file "roomname.txt" and return an error that kicks them from the game, but for WHAT reason? Then you can find 100 other ways to do it. It can just be added to automatically type the words into the room, or edit the current macros and force spam hack promotion. Even spam without them knowing they are spamming, do you want your lobbies / in-game flooded with adverts, because that's how you get your lobbies flooded with adverts.
  • They probably should shut those sites down. it's their game, just like you said. (SmileGate)
    They DO have powers, after all.
    and these hacks changed your room names, (easy to change back), so did they ONLY change the room names? NO. THEY DO SOMETHING ELSE. PEOPLE NEED TO GET A MIND AND STOP USING HACKS.
    It's pointless, they're going to get banned anyways, and there goes all of their progress.