Why not being Open-Minded about the game?

I feel like this summarizes the meat of the CrossFire Community. [Link] Is there any possibility that players can stop trash-talking to each other for one day and be more positive towards each other? The irony that I'm complaining about how trashy this community is.

Is it too much to ask the fifteen moderators to enforce the community to have more informative or positive conversations? Is it too much for people to mention the light even if the darkness is right there?

If it came to rules, There should be a restriction over discussion on Religion & Politics as "playing games to have fun" is not a place where people can have raging hard-ons over which religion or governmental choice is more valid. I'd also remove the draconian rule to discuss content in other versions as this content will inevitably come to our region.

Comments

• It's more complicated then you think it is. Look at your solutions. Now look at the cons of your solutions. There is always a negative to the positive.
  • Thanks for being ambiguous as to what makes the community so complicated from other gaming communities.. ;w;

Nevertheless, I think there's an issue by itself that there are more than ten moderators attempting to clean up the forum. They definitely did a better job five years ago (with less moderators), but nowadays you see some of the same moderators just being as transparent as possible. All things considered, the other moderators are doing a great job, but in reality, there should be different labels for each of these moderator's position. I'd love to see "Event Distributor" as a position.

But yes, I am being vague in what I'm trying to accomplish. I feel that the community needs to have better sportsmanship in games as well as being more human. There was a thread five years ago by L0LSmileyFace (a member that I'm sure oldies know) who tried to make the forums a better place, but here's what we have.. _______.

I can't imagine most people would say something positive in that blank. This was rarely something talked about and for the most part is buried deep in the river of styx that is this forum. I believe it needs awareness.
  • The forums are pretty clean, it's the game that needs chat moderation.
  • Atheistic wrote: »
    The forums are pretty clean, it's the game that needs chat moderation.

That will never change, that's just society in general.