New ESL/Item Restricted Server

The Reason

Anyone who has played UK5 for a long time will know that recently it has been invaded with, well, noobs. For a long time the general rules of UK5, as i'm sure they are in Echo also, were:

- No VIP weapons (Except the AWM Infernal)
- No FEMALE characters
- No haacking (obviously)
- No guns considered overpowered or "noobish", i.e. Scar Light/M12s/M4A1 Patriot
- No Silenced guns
- No bulletproof armor

These were the general rules, and everyone followed them. If people didn't, they would be warned/kicked, and the kick vote would never fail once it had been initiated.

UK5 always had high skilled players, or at least higher skilled than the majority of UK1/UK4 players. But recently there has been a wave of low level, low skilled players joining the games, using characters/weapons that have long since been unofficially banned from the server. As I said previously, people who were seen in UK5 games with these items would have been kicked on sight, but the issue is there are just SO MANY of them that there aren't enough people following the rules in the game for the vote to even pass.

TL;DR The good UK5 players have LOST their safehaven from bs

The Idea

Create a server which, when a player joins, will warn them of items they cannot use and will not allow them to enter games in this server while they have the items equipped (or remove them from the players bags/unequip them.) If this server idea were to go ahead, the rules would be decided by the COMMUNITY. The general idea of the rules would be as such:

- No bulletproof armor
- No Female ZP Characters
- No Scar Light/M12s/M4A1 Patriot (other guns may be added at later date)
- No Silenced Weapons
- No VIP weapons (Except AWM Infernal)

This would benefit players in many ways:

1. It would prevent players who purchase ZP from having an advantage over players who do not purchase ZP (except from their own skill of course)
2. It would prevent players from using items/weapons that the community of this server just does not like
3. It may revive the competitive community, and bring back some old players who quit for the very reason they felt the game was ruined by all the items mentioned above
4. It would make the game alot more enjoyable for people who are contemplating quitting for this reason (I myself have just come back from a 3 month break for this reason)

It's a win/win, for Z8 and the community. We get a server with forced rules we have always followed, and Z8 gets more active players back to Crossfire.

Any input would be greatly appreciated on this thread, and hopefully we may see something like this in the future!

Comments