On reducing presence of cheaters

I've been playing CF for about 5 years now, and I've seen z8 try time and time again to reduce the presence of cheaters, via patches, mass bans, and singular bans here and there back when they use to have a public ban list. They've even tried to make account creations a little more tedious to stray away potential chronic cheaters.
Clearly, banning cheaters, game patches and making the account creation more tedious won't work.

However, I've given this some thought and I think I've come up with a solution to reduce the presence of cheaters dramatically in public games. A more social solution. If it's within z8's reach, I definitely think it's an idea worth looking into.

SOLUTION:

Absolute power for higher ranked players in their own public rooms.
Theory: Statistically speaking, the higher the accounts ranking, the less likely the owner is to cheat due to risk of losing a valuable account. It's not to say that higher ranked players don't cheat, but that the chances of them cheating are significantly lower than those in the lower rankings.

It's very common place to see new fresh made accounts in public games using cheats. It's also very common for them to make new accounts if they're previous account gets banned, allowing them to continue to cheat.

However, with the solution I just stated, giving power to players that have dedicated time to this game and continue to hold on to their honorable player ribbon should be given power to automatically kick players out of their own created public rooms, thereby eliminating both variables stated in the previous paragraph, out of the equation. Player's that cheat won't affect the gamers that want to play a good game, and player's that get banned and make new account's to cheat also won't affect player's that are looking for good games. Which in turn leads to better quality of life for the community as a whole.

Now with any idea there are PRO'S and CON'S, so let's list them here:

PRO'S:

• Cheater's weeded out of public games and forced to play with other cheater's.
  • Less time z8 has to dedicate to banning cheaters due to better quality of life for both casual and hardcore gamers.

CON'S:
  • Abuse of power.
Let's take a look at the singular con to this idea. Chances are, with the implementation of a feature like this, there will be players that abuse their power. However, there is also a way to downplay this singular con.

SOLUTION to "Abuse of power":

A rating for hosts that pop up on either the title or the information card of the room.
Theory: This solution can serve as a medium to weed out bad hosts and help players find better rooms so that they can play without worrying about cheaters that are allowed to pass through the gates, getting kicked for either doing well or poorly, as well as avoid kicks for no actual reason.

Naturally the second solution isn't perfect. Consider this a rough draft, so let's figure out a way to minimize the presence of cheaters in Crossfire together.

Let discussions begin...

Comments

• MagicMr wrote: »
    I've been playing CF for about 5 years now, and I've seen z8 try time and time again to reduce the presence of cheaters, via patches, mass bans, and singular bans here and there back when they use to have a public ban list. They've even tried to make account creations a little more tedious to stray away potential chronic cheaters.
    Clearly, banning cheaters, game patches and making the account creation more tedious won't work.

However, I've given this some thought and I think I've come up with a solution to reduce the presence of cheaters dramatically in public games. A more social solution. If it's within z8's reach, I definitely think it's an idea worth looking into.

SOLUTION:

Absolute power for higher ranked players in their own public rooms.
    Theory: Statistically speaking, the higher the accounts ranking, the less likely the owner is to cheat due to risk of losing a valuable account. It's not to say that higher ranked players don't cheat, but that the chances of them cheating are significantly lower than those in the lower rankings.

It's very common place to see new fresh made accounts in public games using cheats. It's also very common for them to make new accounts if they're previous account gets banned, allowing them to continue to cheat.

However, with the solution I just stated, giving power to players that have dedicated time to this game and continue to hold on to their honorable player ribbon should be given power to automatically kick players out of their own created public rooms, thereby eliminating both variables stated in the previous paragraph, out of the equation. Player's that cheat won't affect the gamers that want to play a good game, and player's that get banned and make new account's to cheat also won't affect player's that are looking for good games. Which in turn leads to better quality of life for the community as a whole.

Now with any idea there are PRO'S and CON'S, so let's list them here:

PRO'S:

• Cheater's weeded out of public games and forced to play with other cheater's.
    • Less time z8 has to dedicate to banning cheaters due to better quality of life for both casual and hardcore gamers.

CON'S:
    • Abuse of power.
    Let's take a look at the singular con to this idea. Chances are, with the implementation of a feature like this, there will be players that abuse their power. However, there is also a way to downplay this singular con.

SOLUTION to "Abuse of power":

A rating for hosts that pop up on either the title or the information card of the room.
    Theory: This solution can serve as a medium to weed out bad hosts and help players find better rooms so that they can play without worrying about cheaters that are allowed to pass through the gates, getting kicked for either doing well or poorly, as well as avoid kicks for no actual reason.

Naturally the second solution isn't perfect. Consider this a rough draft, so let's figure out a way to minimize the presence of cheaters in Crossfire together.

Let discussions begin...

I saw an implementation of this in, i believe, the game war rock. Where people would buy a "room master" pass for an "x" amount of days and would have the power to kick anyone they wanted if they had created the room. I definitely think this is a good idea and would see a huge decrease in the amount of cheaters we see.
  • A room master pass sounds like a great idea.

Z8 will like it coz they can charge people money :D
  • This would be a good idea, though it brings something else into the equation. If someone simply dislikes a person due to race, clan, or just doesn't like them.. they can freely kick at their pleasure.

For instance, I have seen several people be called a hack when in fact the player was perfectly legit. Though they were kicked anyway just because they were better than most of the players.
  • I think we should have people hired as in game moderators that can instant kick or ban accounts that are blatantly cheating.