Suggestion regarding cheaters and accounts.

Open for discussion, here are some suggestions, tell me what you thing why this would or wouldn't be a good idea.

One account per HWID:

So first of all, creating a new account, I think there should be a system where your account gets connected to your hardware, creating some kind of software that scans all of your hardware on registration and submits that info to Z8Games, after one account has been created that same computer isn't able to create any other accounts for Z8Games for either 3 months or longer, or just permanently, it doesn't matter if the IP changes, unless a hardware component is changed this effect will stay for as long as needed, there also should be protection from hardware ID spoofing for this, also, every time the user logs on the computer will be scanned for changes in hardware to keep Z8Games' log up to date, unless they make a new account right after the hardware change they won't be able to bypass.

Check for suspicious activity:

Isn't there a possibility to check suspicious behavior? Like automatically kick/ban a cheater is they run faster than possible in that specific mode, if they shoot faster than the rate of fire of that weapon states or reload faster, things like that, it seems like the anti-cheat only monitors the game engine's core and as long as the hack is injected and passed the scans the cheaters got a free-pass to hack around.

Remove kick votes from certain ranks, like under 2nd LT.:

Since most cheaters are lower ranks and lower ranks have less game knowledge their ability to cast a vote kick or even vote should be removed, the kick vote is casted by a more experienced player and the other experienced players are able to decide if the kick vote is righteous or not.

Completely remove the kick vote or...:

Either completely remove the kick vote or let players buy a "Moderator Pass" for about 28k GP per week or 4k ZP per week, this gives those players the option to cast a vote kick, gives them a special icon next to their name and makes their vote count as two, everyone else is still able to vote. Players whom achieved the "High Society" achievement (spend 300k ZP) will get this item permanent for free.

Remove the kick vote from Zombie Mode and change the kick system in every other mode:

Simple, kicking in zombie mode only causes legit players to get kicked, even a lot of legit players won't kick hackers as these hackers can only kill AI zombies. Yes they'll be able to benefit from this too, but the legit players will benefit from this the most since they're usually the victim to kicks in zombie modes. Plus hackers should be banned and then there is no need for this kick vote in zombie mode.

In every other mode the players of the other team shouldn't be able to vote for a kick in your team, example: If player A gets kick voted from GR, GR team will decide if this vote passes, 75% yes vote is needed, players of BL will only get a notification and are not able to vote, this way legit players can kick cheaters and idle'ers, racists and spies, you get the idea.

Edits:

1: (Comment) - Posted this in Barracks/General discussion for more opinions and discussion.

These are just idea's, please leave positive feedback and opinions, if you got suggestions too feel free to post them, if they're good i'll add them to the main post with credits and links to your post.

- Raven

Comments

• Im with you.
    too stupid that the developers dont listen to the forumers.
  • I Just played in a room with a few and 1 was a LT It was such crap because the team would not vote kick him either guess they are afraid they suck so bad that is their only hope of winning.look at the ss.

312e4822-c5e9-4e90-97df-eca6f1ac71b4.png
  • IRavenl wrote: »
    One account per HWID:

So first of all, creating a new account, I think there should be a system where your account gets connected to your hardware, creating some kind of software that scans all of your hardware on registration and submits that info to Z8Games, after one account has been created that same computer isn't able to create any other accounts for Z8Games for either 3 months or longer, or just permanently, it doesn't matter if the IP changes, unless a hardware component is changed this effect will stay for as long as needed, there also should be protection from hardware ID spoofing for this, also, every time the user logs on the computer will be scanned for changes in hardware to keep Z8Games' log up to date, unless they make a new account right after the hardware change they won't be able to bypass.

I find this a really good idea, but I would change it to one account/20 days and you could make two accounts instantly at first. Trust me, this would still dramatically decrease the amount of hackers, but wouldn't limit legit players too much either.
    IRavenl wrote: »

Isn't there a possibility to check suspicious behavior? Like automatically kick/ban a cheater is they run faster than possible in that specific mode, if they shoot faster than the rate of fire of that weapon states or reload faster, things like that, it seems like the anti-cheat only monitors the game engine's core and as long as the hack is injected and passed the scans the cheaters got a free-pass to hack around.

Could work, but then they would simply write a hack that fools this system.

Since most cheaters are lower ranks and lower ranks have less game knowledge their ability to cast a vote kick or even vote should be removed, the kick vote is casted by a more experienced player and the other experienced players are able to decide if the kick vote is righteous or not.

This sounds good with our high ranks, but then legit new players couldn't kick hackers without there being a high ranked player who doesn't want to keep the hacker.

Either completely remove the kick vote or let players buy a "Moderator Pass" for about 28k GP per week or 4k ZP per week, this gives those players the option to cast a vote kick, gives them a special icon next to their name and makes their vote count as two, everyone else is still able to vote. Players whom achieved the "High Society" achievement (spend 300k ZP) will get this item permanent for free.

I don't agree. Why should spending GP or ZP define a player more important in a vote kick?
    Change the kick system in every other mode:

In every other mode the players of the other team shouldn't be able to vote for a kick in your team, example: If player A gets kick voted from GR, GR team will decide if this vote passes, 75% yes vote is needed, players of BL will only get a notification and are not able to vote, this way legit players can kick cheaters and idle'ers, racists and spies, you get the idea.

This would only work if all players kicked hackers even if they were on their side and unfortunately this is not the case. I get kicked very often whilst playing legitimately, but depending on the other team entirely on kicking a hacker would just make matters worse.
  • I Just played in a room with a few and 1 was a LT It was such crap because the team would not vote kick him either guess they are afraid they suck so bad that is their only hope of winning.look at the ss.

312e4822-c5e9-4e90-97df-eca6f1ac71b4.png

Hahahaha you blurred out his name, but it's still visible in the right top corner...
  • T0Ms wrote: »
    Hahahaha you blurred out his name, but it's still visible in the right top corner...

Lol, thats fail:p
  • I support this thread! +1

These ideas would definitely reduce hack numbers & that for me is most fundamental!
  • I totally agree, these are some nice ideas. At least that would reduce the amount of hackers in-game !! +1
    You are right but It does not show which is the hacker in question.. Because there was more than 1.
  • IRavenl wrote: »
    One account per HWID:
    First of all, I like this idea, and there were suggestions on this forum.
    What I think was hard drive serial number. BUT yours is better -- collect as much as possible information which can not be changed end-user themselves. And it is also good to check all of them, if any matches records, then it is not possible to create an account. So that they update all the system to create a new account.
    But the problem is, is it legal to collect this information everywhere? I think z8 was afraid of involving into law issues in some many countries.

Another good one I like. However, either they would not read it or would not implement it, or they have implemented it somehow. But when I think my previous suggestion 3 years ago, I think it is very hard. E.G., speeding detection seems an easy task, but what if someone just suddenly lag up? He may appears as speeding suddenly. More, shooting behind walls, someone use experience and ear, someone just build a habit to shoot at the corner from experience, someone just be a little lag -- watching your replay, you will see that many kills, even made by your, seems like happens after the victim has just behind the wall. Same thing for the shooting rate, they are about the time that sockets travels, and bad thing is, most calculation is on client side, which means two persons's replay for a same game would be a little different. How could a program to handle this?

And remember, even the "little check up engine" seems simple, it might be a big burden if move them into the server side (imagine how many channel and rooms, and how many players in one server), even move to client side it might be a burden, cause something slower down, and more over, when you put it on hackers' client, it become a target to be hacked.

I guess z8 can tolerate some amount of hackers, but wrongly ban an account because of bug of the detection engine would be a headache for them. That might explains why x-trap would rather fix nothing than cause a wrong detection.

I had suggested 3 or more years ago to run this checking code on the report and replay file z8 has received. It could be a good place for them to make the code perfect, and at the same time, make reviewer's life easier, but apparently they have applied some simpler methods, for example, leave most of the replay not reviewed.

Honestly, I think it is a little problematic: 1. I know many players use alts, and they are apparently more experience in telling who is hak than some of high rank players (I had experience too many guys who claimed other to be a hak too quickly, I remember someone had said: "kick Archer, HE HEADSHOT ME EVERY TIME", however, his has only 3 samples, and look at all mine kills, probably I only headshot him, but they do not care). 2. Hackers gain the rank much faster than us. I got my silver bar after 3 years play -- they can get it in 3 months, with the aid of different events created by z8.

Vote kick need most of the players on the same page, that means they have to hate hacker together, but with all different reasons, they might hate low ping more than hacker. In this case, if it is still a equally weighted vote, then nothing would change, because z8 has never been trying to regulate the player base about kicking.

I agree that vote kick is a illed system in current situation -- to kick hacker, we are too limited; to kick legit players, it is efficient. But I prefer it be replaced by modified host kicking.

Remove the kick vote from Zombie Mode and change the kick system in every other mode:

I hate zombie mode, no more comment.

This is a good posts, I could not see as many as good posts like this in recent 2 years. However, it is all about if z8 would take any suggestions from forumer, maybe they want but can not, or maybe they would not -- anyway, it seems they just don't bother joining such a discussion, at least in my 4 years' experience. Or they have some difficulty that can not speak out publicly -- like no matter how they request, smilegate would ignore their requirement and simply push what they have to z8.

And I am not interested in the banning mechanism, to have a hacker banned 3 weeks later does not improve game experience, because everyday there might be new hackers comes. We need method to remove hacker right away. Vote kick is our only hope NOW, but have you figure out why 9:6 count as a fail? And why we need to wait 10 seconds when it is already 10:1? And why those who never press f12 or f11 would counted as f12 instead count 0 or 0.5 to both f11 and f12? All these trivial things, easy to change, and safe form serious bug, had not happened in the last 3-4 years.

Just some of my thinking
  • You are right but It does not show which is the hacker in question.. Because there was more than 1.

It does, Ranger was also silv. bar ^^
  • You are right but It does not show which is the hacker in question.. Because there was more than 1.

The two hackers were both on a different team
    Also you could see on which team the poster played so you could seperate them. Also, the names on the top corner are not visible on the tab screen so its even easyer to see that those are the hackers.
  • That ranger P.O.S is hacking like mad in all rooms, still around lol.
    Your sugestions are very good
    +OO
    The two hackers were both on a different team
    Also you could see on which team the poster played so you could seperate them. Also, the names on the top corner are not visible on the tab screen so its even easyer to see that those are the hackers.

^This. Shortway; He was in a hack room =p
  • can never vote kick hackers

You see it every day... Hackers piling up in the ghost modes and mutation modes, sometimes 5 in a room. Can't kick them because when the voting process is over those who haven't voted automatically count as a no... and there's a LOT of lazy people out there too occupied with their game to bother with voting. You need to make votes count as votes and non-votes not even be counted at all. If they don't want to vote, they don't want to vote. Just because they don't vote that doesn't mean they vote no.
  • I had one thing with the linking account to hardware. It wouldn't be good to have only one account to it since there are some, if not a lot of people that only have one computer in their household. So then brothers/sister/parents or whoever living in that house couldn't make an account. Which then, would make them lose money.
    Making a restriction, say 3 months or whatever would also be a bad idea but not as bad. Since the wait could make them just go to another game and bypass CF all together.
    Now, a limit on account creations is a good idea. But then it can't be too little or too big. 2 would be too little in my opinion and anything over 4 would be too much.
    I'm talking from experience of having one computer for a long time in which my brother and I would share and play cf. I wouldn't have had the chance to if you could only make one account. You can't just "forget" about those that can't afford to have more than one pc. Because if they did that, like I said.. they would lose money. Not smart business.
  • I like the idea's. But problem is, I am a dumb shi.t and I know how to spoof ip and mac address's. It wouldn't be hard for hacks to come up with different software to work around a new system. Plus, you still have people with multiple computers. I have 5 computers, my wife has 1 and all 4 of my kids have 1. To me the only solution is for z8 to get off their (_I_) and have anonymous moderators in game with kick and ban option.. Plus there are z8 employee's, mod's and their friends that h@k. I honestly believe the a lot of the hackers are from within z8.