GM In-Game

I have played this game for a little over two years now. Back in the day, yes this has been said before, but hacking has gotten a lot worse than what it used to be. The community has fallen apart and hackers are starting to dominate the field of play.

Banning and controlling hackers from reports and demos can be a countless effort as well as a lot of work to keep them on the blacklist, I would like to propose an option/resolution for this option.

2) make a spectator camera just for GMs that way they can sit and watch the game for each character or have an overhead view of the playing field and watch for fl1ck3rs and toggles.

This may be a bit of stretch for the advancement of moderating the game, but this seems to be the only viable way to make sure that this comes to an end. Having a GM in game that is not ID as being so, can stealthily watch the game unfold and get rid of the hackers.

3) Instead of banning users by IGN, could it possible to ban IP? Banning a user name has little to no effect on a hacker as all they have to do is make a new character. Have an offence marker per IP. After so many strikes they will get a 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, ect. To the max limit of a perma-ban. This would be better to do so than to lost 70%-80% of the community due to hackers.

This may have been said already, plenty of times, but this is a major concern for the savior of the community, to strive to where it used to be

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
-Bunny

Comments

• #2 exists (or somewhat of sorts). It was like spectator mode, but you could watch it from overhead view. Back in the day (2011-2012) you used to be able to glitch into it sometimes.

#3 is also done. IP banning done time to time. They've also started to collect hardware IDs to ban users.
  • Thing is, IP banning does nothing. It's incredibly easy to change your IP.

On the other hand, hardware banning, if it's true that they've actually started doing it, is great. Though they should definitely be less lenient. If they get caught once, ban for a week. If they get caught again, hardware ban.

Cheating ruins the experience for everyone, and it's pathetic that people cheat on alts because of how little is done to them.
  • I remember them doing #2 and that's when moderation of hackers was the most effective. Now it's seemed to have gone down hill a little and the hacker generation has come back

I don't blame them for this as how easy it is to download hacks no a days
    Just a Google search and a click away from having some kind of aimbot/wallhack combo