VIP tag covers up ping by the hundred...(fix this)

People who spend money to be better at the game can gain VIP status. This VIP status shows up as a big "V" very close to that players ping.

This "V" covers up part of that players ping if it is over 100. It also has a little leg under the V that makes it look like it is covering up a number when sometimes it's not.

Clearly, players want to know a true ping to determine who is legit in the game. And there is a huge difference between a 50 ping and a 500 ping.....

Comments

• If you look closely you will see if there's a number right there or not.
  • if you have to buy the vip weapon if you are already pro.
    im 230+ in alpha n so many player think i have 23ping because of the (V) symbol
  • Yeah this is pretty annoying, but it is visible if you look hard.

also moved to suggestions.
  • It could be one of the perks with the gun.

Blocks the last 0 in 100 making look like you have 10 and that's helps with all the kicking. Forget about the EXP and GP this will help you stay in matches if you lag.
  • Clearly, players want to know a true ping to determine who is legit in the game.

You can't exactly tell who is legit just by ping. The people that are from places like India get pings of 300-500 on a good day it will be about 250. Doesn't meant he/she isn't legit.

Anyways yeah, it is annoying when you have to look hard at the other guy's ping to see if you were that one that lagged or he was the one that lagged when suddenly you die and you randomly see a guy already walking past your dead body. xD
  • You can't exactly tell who is legit just by ping. The people that are from places like India get pings of 300-500 on a good day it will be about 250. Doesn't meant he/she isn't legit.

Sure you can't but it gives a rough indication doesn't it?

I mean I have seen low pings hacking before so it's not like you say "oh he's a low ping no need to check him".

But you can't deny it's mostly 160+ pings to infinity hacking their asses off can you? Then again I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Sure you can't but it gives a rough indication doesn't it?

I mean I have seen low pings hacking before so it's not like you say "oh he's a low ping no need to check him".

But you can't deny it's mostly 160+ pings to infinity hacking their asses off can you? Then again I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well, I don't know how long you've been playing this game or I don't know if you know about the low ping hack. There is a hack, mainly used in Egypt, that gives you a low ping. Yes it does give you a rough idea, but not always. Never say oh he has a low ping he's definitely not hacking... You judge a hacker by the way he plays NOT where he's from, how much he lags etc...
  • Well, I don't know how long you've been playing this game or I don't know if you know about the low ping hack. There is a hack, mainly used in Egypt, that gives you a low ping. Yes it does give you a rough idea, but not always. Never say oh he has a low ping he's definitely not hacking... You judge a hacker by the way he plays NOT where he's from, how much he lags etc...

Precisely it just gives you an idea.

I know Egyptians do hack their pings too but I can safely say out of the hundreds of Egyptian hackers I have seen only a very few have the ping hack.

I saw it about 20 times now, I've seen Egyptians with 0 ping hacking (this is the default hacked ping) and I saw two I believe with 7 and 2 ping, both were talking fluent Franco Arabic and English (the Egyptian kind) "my no hak pls f12 men".

Overall though one should know to play more attention to the high ping hackers since they are far more prevalent.
  • I'm very excited to hear how a "low ping hack" should work...
    Because it shouldn't actually be possible you know...

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    I'm very excited to hear how a "low ping hack" should work...

best regards,
    Urkel

It is possible I've seen it.

I'm not sure if it's a ping hack or a conflict with their hack program, I guess for more information you'll have to find an Egy using it then good luck trying to communicate with him to find out how he's doing that.
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    I'm very excited to hear how a "low ping hack" should work...

best regards,
    Urkel

Ah, if I knew how that hack worked I would have made a living out of producing those codes. Instead of spending more money on this game I would be rich making those codes lol

The people that use the hack don't even know how it works they just use it because they want to have the before British pings and now German/Dutch pings.
  • Ah, if I knew how that hack worked I would have made a living out of producing those codes. Instead of spending more money on this game I would be rich making those codes lol

The people that use the hack don't even know how it works they just use it because they want to have the before British pings and now German/Dutch pings.
    Right?
    Defying the laws of the internet can make you some solid dollars.
    I'd be rich.
  • IMO they should remove the ping statues ( but you are the only one who can see your lag ) and make the host able to choose if the room has ping limits or no ...
  • FxKryStaL wrote: »
    if you have to buy the vip weapon if you are already pro.
    im 230+ in alpha n so many player think i have 23ping because of the (V) symbol

Your sentence is bad English but I'm going to assume you meant "people who buy vip weapons are already pro"

This couldn't be further from the truth....Pro don't need VIP to win.
  • You can't exactly tell who is legit just by ping. The people that are from places like India get pings of 300-500 on a good day it will be about 250. Doesn't meant he/she isn't legit.

Anyways yeah, it is annoying when you have to look hard at the other guy's ping to see if you were that one that lagged or he was the one that lagged when suddenly you die and you randomly see a guy already walking past your dead body. xD

Clearly, there are a lot of things you take in to consideration when determining who is a hacker in the game. I could make a novel of that information but I'll just say Ping is a large part of that process.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Right?
    Defying the laws of the internet can make you some solid dollars.
    I'd be rich.

FRAPS beat you to it..
  • 50005h wrote: »
    IMO they should remove the ping statues ( but you are the only one who can see your lag ) and make the host able to choose if the room has ping limits or no ...

Ping SHOULDN'T be an issue. If this game cared about itself it would do what every other game does and crates ping groups or games sorted by ping.

That is how you chose your server on EVERY other game is by the ping.

Everyone can see a lagging player, showing ping doesn't mean we can't see the lag.
  • Ping SHOULDN'T be an issue. If this game cared about itself it would do what every other game does and crates ping groups or games sorted by ping.

That is how you chose your server on EVERY other game is by the ping.

Everyone can see a lagging player, showing ping doesn't mean we can't see the lag.

sure , but if he was 120~160 you maybe won't notice that cuz sometimes when some high ranks get killed they must press tab to see his ping even if he was 100 they must say : you damn high ping player IDK how can U play , U must leave that game I'll kick you for that ,
    etc ...
  • Its true that the "V" covers sometimes the ping of the player.
  • Do other versions have this issue?

If so it won't be fixed for a while, if they don't then it will be fixed some time.
  • I mean it's not invisible.. the ping overlays the V, not the other way around.
    v87uvHZ.png
  • Precisely it just gives you an idea.

I know Egyptians do hack their pings too but I can safely say out of the hundreds of Egyptian hackers I have seen only a very few have the ping hack.

I saw it about 20 times now, I've seen Egyptians with 0 ping hacking (this is the default hacked ping) and I saw two I believe with 7 and 2 ping, both were talking fluent Franco Arabic and English (the Egyptian kind) "my no hak pls f12 men".

Overall though one should know to play more attention to the high ping hackers since they are far more prevalent.

I am from the Netherlands and my ping is usually 15 - 21 but a friend of mine, who lives 5 minutes away has 6 - 8 ping because he is using "glass fiber cable" (That's how it's called here
  • T0Ms wrote: »
    I am from the Netherlands and my ping is usually 15 - 21 but a friend of mine, who lives 5 minutes away has 6 - 8 ping because he is using "glass fiber cable" (That's how it's called here

I'm not saying low pings are hacked.

I'm saying Ahmeds with a 200 ping (usually) that talk arabic on the Alpha server cannot by any standards even get 100 ping never mind 2 7 or 0 pings.

Yet I have seen over a period of say 4 months about 20 of these "hacked", "errored" or "blocked pings"

Even people that live in Canada maybe at best can get 1-2 ping there is no way they can get zero.