Server for veteran players

People have suggested a lot of times that we should get a server that only high-ranked players can access, but getting a high rank has become really easy with the coming of VIP weapons.
The perfect solution would be a server for accounts that are 1 year old or older. What do you think?

This was VATAV's idea. Though he would restrict it for people without honorable soldier ribbon.
VATAV wrote: »
Rather have a Honorable Soldier plus Veteran Ribbon Server over a rank one.
Rank very easy to get these days with all the VIP users giving 30% Bonuses to everyone each and the 400% EXP events that keep going on. Plus I see more and more high rank hackers now then I did a year ago.

With Honorable Soldier plus Veteran Ribbon the players would have to been playing Legit for over a year to enter. It extremely rare to see a hacker not get caught at least once by X-Trap in a year.

Edit:
BloodClarts' idea:
And it could be easily solved by adding a new achievement which gives people the right to join these 2 new servers. (1 for UK, 1 for NA)

Comments

• I like it, but how do you or Vatav suppose they do that? I think changing the restrictions to a higher rank would be easier on them as well as being quicker than creating another code for the ribbons. As we have learnt over the years, z8 would most likely take the easier way if they ever do something.
  • I would like to see HS ribbon and rank restriction in rooms. But even if we just get rank restriction it will be just great ( if we ever get that option )
  • I'm not sure ribbons are part of the game at all, meaning it would be extremely difficult convince devs to implement a complicated feature for this version alone.
    The same goes for account creation, ZP purchases and stuff like that too I think.

Might be wrong though. Is there a ribbon that effects the game already?

I know some version has VIP servers, but those are part of the game itself.
  • Suggestion 1: Veteran soldier seems to be better IMO.
    After a year your going to be around a butter bar.Probably higher assuming you have a VIP. The cheats get banned, not allowing them to actually play for a year and rank up

Suggestion 2: There is already a rookie server. Take one of the servers,( I.E. Charlie ) slap a butter bar minimum rank requirement on it. The rookies still have rookie server. The people between butter bar and rookie have alpha/bravo. The people wanting a challenge with experienced players have Charlie. Everybody wins
  • I like it, but how do you or Vatav suppose they do that? I think changing the restrictions to a higher rank would be easier on them as well as being quicker than creating another code for the ribbons. As we have learnt over the years, z8 would most likely take the easier way if they ever do something.
    [MOD]dot wrote: »
    I'm not sure ribbons are part of the game at all, meaning it would be extremely difficult convince devs to implement a complicated feature for this version alone.
    The same goes for account creation, ZP purchases and stuff like that too I think.

You are right, but there's a way to actualize it and it isn't too difficult.
    Ribbons are not part of the game, but they can give in game advantages (m4cc, GP), so if z8 added an in game item, let's say an unsellable key that allows players to enter this new server, it could solve the problem.

Well, now that I think of it, it really is difficult and I doubt z8 would ever make such a nice thing for us :(
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;3880111']You are right, but there's a way to actualize it and it isn't too difficult.
    Ribbons are not part of the game, but they can give in game advantages (m4cc, GP), so if z8 added an in game item, let's say an unsellable key that allows players to enter this new server, it could solve the problem.

Well, now that I think of it, it really is difficult and I doubt z8 would ever make such a nice thing for us :(

Don't give up, I just (very cleverly) thought of this. A new 'achievement'. Honorable Soldier Achievement, which could be linked to the HSR. A new that ONLY allows people that have this achievement to join. It's only IF z8games actually want to do something about it...

However I think they should still go for the higher rank servers.
  • what are we talking about here we dreams it :D
    everyone wanna this suggestion to come true but... wake up ... :P
  • wDGEORGE wrote: »
    what are we talking about here we dreams it :D
    everyone wanna this suggestion to come true but... wake up ... :P

We want change, even though the GMs hardly ever respond to these threads, you're telling me when something has been said enough they wouldn't have at least 'seen' it? They've definitely, silently seen at least one of these threads. One day, they might actually give us what WE want. Though right now it seems far fetched and looks like it won't happen, what's wrong with supporting it?

Or am I sleep walking again? o.o
  • I actually like this idea

Endorsed by the giggletron.

They have no choice now.
  • I think that veterans who want to play on these servers shouldn't be judged by their ranks but rather than the date their account is made.

Active accounts that has been played on for three or more years should be the only accounts that are allowed into these servers. Farmers could farm their ranks faster with the new VIPS.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;3880111']You are right, but there's a way to actualize it and it isn't too difficult.

Actually having an item be rewarded to the account and determining server entry based on that isn't that hard to program. Pretty good idea actually, way easier then setting up a profile look up from in game account to the stats paged account.

The item I would suggest that is in the game already, can't be received anymore, and is very unlikely a hacker will have it; Perm Combat Axe.
  • Don't give up, I just (very cleverly) thought of this. A new 'achievement'. Honorable Soldier Achievement, which could be linked to the HSR. A new that ONLY allows people that have this achievement to join. It's only IF z8games actually want to do something about it...

This is actually the best idea I've heard so far.
  • l_Vyse wrote: »
    This is actually the best idea I've heard so far.

Aha! Thanks dude! The thing is it won't happen and technically you never 'heard' it. You've read it hehehehehheh
  • A new 'achievement'. Honorable Soldier Achievement, which could be linked to the HSR. A new that ONLY allows people that have this achievement to join. It's only IF z8games actually want to do something about it...

Agree, a new achievement is a good idea. I haven't played much in the last half year, so I'm still not used to the newer contents.

Edit:
    Btw, just to make it clear. I excluded the honorable soldier ribbon from the criteriums, because there are good, legit players without it. I have it though :p
  • Don't give up, I just (very cleverly) thought of this. A new 'achievement'. Honorable Soldier Achievement, which could be linked to the HSR. A new that ONLY allows people that have this achievement to join. It's only IF z8games actually want to do something about it...

However I think they should still go for the higher rank servers.

Something based on the HSR alone won't work, all players start out with it.
    Also I don't think achievements can be removed once earned, so cheaters will probably still be able to play in it after a temp ban.

An achievement for the age of the account could work, or both together.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    An achievement for the age of the account could work, or both together.

Yeah I was just thinking about how it back fired, but having both honourable soldier and account older than 2 years achievement makes more sense. Either way they aren't going to do anything about it, until whenever they feel like it, could be another 3 years or so..