Meele weapons in only sniper mode

How about we nerfed every meele weapon to do 0 damage in sniper only modes?
This way people could still switch weapons after shooting or could run fast, but on the other hand they couldn't ruin the game by using their meeles.

Oh, and here you are :rolleyes:
mjey wrote: »
Well if you put the idea before me be sure to credit me pls. :p

PS: Congratz on your m14 ^^

Comments

• Lol I was thinking about this today I was just about to suggest this.
    +1
  • +1, but any decent sniper should be able to kill the majority of people rushing them with a melee weapon.

Logical update though.
  • Dakotu wrote: »
    that's not realistic :o

So you say that this game is realistic? :rolleyes:
  • I'm totally against this is this was a fixed setting. If I don't feel like playing seriously and want to have fun with some noop friends I'll knife. On the other hand when I am trying to play my hardest I wouldn't want someone trying to knife me.

But the fact still remains the same, the person that gets killed but a knife while holding a gun is just a bad player, that cries knife noob because he/she can't snipe. Some people would say: "why bring a knife to a gun fight" which is implying that knife will not do anything compared to the people using guns. So getting killed by a knife makes you if not equally then just as worse as the noob that knifed you. Made sense?
  • I'm totally against this is this was a fixed setting. If I don't feel like playing seriously and want to have fun with some noop friends I'll knife. On the other hand when I am trying to play my hardest I wouldn't want someone trying to knife me.

But the fact still remains the same, the person that gets killed but a knife while holding a gun is just a bad player, that cries knife noob because he/she can't snipe. Some people would say: "why bring a knife to a gun fight" which is implying that knife will not do anything compared to the people using guns. So getting killed by a knife makes you if not equally then just as worse as the noob that knifed you. Made sense?

Amen gg.
  • Not sure if that is even able to do. If you have a knife available in Sniper match only then you should be able to kill with the knife if you really need to do so. It is annoying to see knifers in Sniper matches only but you can always kick them out of the game.
  • YouMadMate wrote: »
    Not sure if that is even able to do. If you have a knife available in Sniper match only then you should be able to kill with the knife if you really need to do so. It is annoying to see knifers in Sniper matches only but you can always kick them out of the game.

Let's not talk about kicking always leads to arguments, I very rarely get kicked for knifing probably cause I play with my friends lol
  • Let's not talk about kicking always leads to arguments, I very rarely get kicked for knifing probably cause I play with my friends lol

I am talking about players that only use knife in Sniper matches. I have nothing against those who knife time to time in a sniper match. But for those who only bring a knife / melee to sniper matches they deserve a kick. There is a knife mode for some reason.
  • But the fact still remains the same, the person that gets killed but a knife while holding a gun is just a bad player, that cries knife noob because he/she can't snipe. Some people would say: "why bring a knife to a gun fight" which is implying that knife will not do anything compared to the people using guns. So getting killed by a knife makes you if not equally then just as worse as the noob that knifed you. Made sense?

Yeah, so you are a noob if someone with a kukri manages to backstab you. Seems legit.
    Not to mention, there are people who hide somewhere and wait for you to come close and on close range a meele is in huge advantage.
    It is another story if they run at you from a bigger distance though.
  • YouMadMate wrote: »
    I am talking about players that only use knife in Sniper matches. I have nothing against those who knife time to time in a sniper match. But for those who only bring a knife / melee to sniper matches they deserve a kick. There is a knife mode for some reason.

That's your opinion, but have you or are you willing to hear from the knifing side? Maybe we shouldn't get into that...
    ' wrote:
    Sake;3874968']Yeah, so you are a noob if someone with a kukri manages to backstab you. Seems legit.
    Not to mention, there are people who hide somewhere and wait for you to come close and on close range a meele is in huge advantage.
    It is another story if they run at you from a bigger distance though.

If someone does manage to knife me, YES I am a noob and so are you if you get killed by knife. I'm going to give you a scenario and please follow it's quite simple: normal s&d game ALL guns 1v3 guys the last one drops all of this guns and starts walking around slyly. He gets behind the 3 guys and kills all with a KNIFE and kills them. Everyone is usually laughing.

Now tell me, why is it different in a sniper game? And that is a realistic scenario because I seen it happen and I was one of the 16 people in the room laughing at the 3 guys that died. I mean I cracked up hard.

So, should it be any different? If so please do prove me wrong.
  • If someone does manage to knife me, YES I am a noob and so are you if you get killed by knife. I'm going to give you a scenario and please follow it's quite simple: normal s&d game ALL guns 1v3 guys the last one drops all of this guns and starts walking around slyly. He gets behind the 3 guys and kills all with a KNIFE and kills them. Everyone is usually laughing.

Now tell me, why is it different in a sniper game? And that is a realistic scenario because I seen it happen and I was one of the 16 people in the room laughing at the 3 guys that died. I mean I cracked up hard.

So, should it be any different? If so please do prove me wrong.

Yes, it is much much different. S&D is a game where you are expected to be really careful, since it is a game between people who do not revive.
    A TD match is all about running and killing as much as you can before someone kills you. TD maps are smaller. Adding this to the fact that everyone revives after getting killed in a short time = a bunch of people shooting everything that moves.
    You can't expect people to walk and listen to every little sound.
    One more thing. Of course even in S&D there are cases when your hearing doesn't help (since there could be people camping on every corner) and you still have to cope with it. That's when you take out your pistol/rifle/smg, but not your sniper.

Only sniper elimination games are different, but of every only sniper game there are only about 5-10% elimination games.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;3875018']Yes, it is much much different. S&D is a game where you are expected to be really careful, since it is a game between people who do not revive.
    A TD match is all about running and killing as much as you can before someone kills you. TD maps are smaller. Adding this to the fact that everyone revives after getting killed in a short time = a bunch of people shooting everything that moves.
    You can't expect people to walk and listen to every little sound.
    One more thing. Of course even in S&D there are cases when your hearing doesn't help (since there could be people camping on every corner) and you still have to cope with it. That's when you take out your pistol/rifle/smg, but not your sniper.

Only sniper elimination games are different, but of every only sniper game there are only about 5-10% elimination games.

Sorry my bad. When you said:
    ' wrote:
    Sake;3874757']How about we nerfed every meele weapon to do 0 damage in sniper only modes?

You did not specify it to a TD game where you can continuously reviving. This lead me to think a Sniper Only game in S&D where a 'knifer' will be kicked for knifing.

If TD then sure, they should the nerf damage a knife inflicts in a sniper only.
  • Sorry my bad. When you said:

You did not specify it to a TD game where you can continuously reviving. This lead me to think a Sniper Only game in S&D where a 'knifer' will be kicked for knifing.

If TD then sure, they should the nerf damage a knife inflicts in a sniper only.

Actually, I totally forgot about S&D only sniper games. :eek:
    Don't ask how.
  • ' wrote:
    Sake;3875053']Actually, I totally forgot about S&D only sniper games. :eek:
    Don't ask how.

Don't need to ask how, I already know! Stop playing so much GM.. :)
  • This & That

Hi there,

my english is a bit rusty, so pls dont judge my gramma.

what about the idea to create some character or weapon for 3years + Players only?
    Something to honor your loyal players and sry it has not to be for free but only available for players with 3years+ created accounts.

Also i really would prefer a "only Host can kick" Option for the Rooms.

I know noone of us hav to join public rooms, but for better game experience and stopping the noobish kicking all the time it would be really great when only the Host can kick and this several times not only 2 times. The reason for this suggestion is simply : not all players which do better then 10K 9D are hackers and also its not the same to play alltime against the same people in private rooms. People kick so much:

" you lagg" , "You Ha.ck" , " Noob Gun" , "noob Char" , " just killed me" , "I want the Ace/mvp".

but the Ha.ckers are closly never get kicked while thez speeding, aimboting or anything else.

so on may i find some followers

Greez Desh
  • And im sry to post it in the wrong Thread x)
  • Need this so we can stop the knifers.

This is a sniper match, therefore Snipers are only allowed. Not melees.
    Nerfing knife on Sniper matches would be great. Preventing trolls and people who knife for better snipers.
  • Narficer wrote: »
    +1, but any decent sniper should be able to kill the majority of people rushing them with a melee weapon.

Logical update though.

Not when those knifer have epic laggy ping where teleport everywhere
  • you should seriously consider uninstalling every single FPS related game on your pc.
  • Don't need to ask how, I already know! Stop playing so much GM.. :)

To be honest I barely ever play only sniper games. I only play normal S&D and GM, so this doesn't concern me much. I simply saw mjey mention this and thought it was a great idea. I also gave him the credits.