Report System

Discuss

2FYnUnm.jpg

also listen : When people send too many fake reports for fun or just QQ alot they will receive 3 day bans. ( There will first pop up a message saying that ).

Reported by Noob ( thats my IGN there ).

Comments

• I would be a good idea but 2 things:

They barely review reports if at all when they had a working report system.

And as for the report system being semi to non functioning for over half a year that is done by design as they don't want reports.

It's just not possible to have a broken report system for that long and they don't have not technical knowledge to fix nor can afford to hire anyone that does.
  • Discuss

2FYnUnm.jpg

also listen : When people send too many fake reports for fun or just QQ alot they will receive 3 day bans. ( There will first pop up a message saying that ).

Reported by Noob ( thats my IGN there ).

Seems cool with me since hackers have weird names +1

• also listen : When people send too many fake reports for fun or just QQ alot they will receive 3 day bans. ( There will first pop up a message saying that )

It's hard to tell if a hacker is hacking, if they're being smart. Smart hackers would use their hacks for one round while everyone it alive and not watching, next round turn it off and die in the most dumbest way possible. Without watching the replay etc, there will be a lot of false reports. Meaning a lot of 3 day bans. People will eventually be 'afraid' to report, therefore this is a fail..
    It's hard to tell if a hacker is hacking, if they're being smart. Smart hackers would use their hacks for one round while everyone it alive and not watching, next round turn it off and die in the most dumbest way possible. Without watching the replay etc, there will be a lot of false reports. Meaning a lot of 3 day bans. People will eventually be 'afraid' to report, therefore this is a fail..

I agree , but we will mostly report , 360'ing egyptian hackers like ahmed mido and such.
  • I agree , but we will mostly report , 360'ing egyptian hackers like ahmed mido and such.

Who's "we"? "We" as in the Crossfire community? "We" as in the +10 people in every room that F11 legit people for 'headshot only' kills etc? Just a total fail, sure we could catch a few hackers, but there will be so many idiots reporting for no reason.

Do you think z8 games want to see about 16 reports per game? When they check and see that it's all false, they will have to spend more time banning them for 3 days. YOU'RE MAKING THEM WORK EVEN MORE. I'm afraid that will never happen here.

If you want something to be done about this hack situation, bump this thread: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=269005

Read through that thread I argued with dot, he made some very good points. If the hackers are going to be stopped, this is the best way to do it.
  • Maybe, but only 1 in-game report per day to prevent spam would be more effective than the 3 days ban, as I'm sure about 70% of the community won't read any of the details before abusing the system and half of these will come cry on the forum and beg, saying they didn't know.

Still, such a thing doesn't allow to give the time & round of the obvious part where someone cheats, which is a huge flaw, considering the support team would have to review the entire replay instead of just scrolling and watch like 2 minutes.

EDIT : Oh, right, moved to suggestions.
    Smart hackers
    this made me chuckle

but I know what you mean....I call them slick...not 'smart' :P
  • This would be good.. Like Vu said, 1 per day.

I send in all the replays as Complaints xD

Until they feel like fixing the report system, I'll keep doing it like that.
  • CNFTV wrote: »
    this made me chuckle

but I know what you mean....I call them slick...not 'smart' :P

Hackers could be anyone aged from 6-60... Nevertheless all hackers are dumb, but there are a few that are smarter? Brainier? Not sure which word to use. But those hackers that have tricks up their selves, almost are undetected and I have seen these hackers get away with it. When I'm on my own everyone else is alive he shoots from the walls, kills me then I say hacker, they see a crappy score of 6/5 and think I'm just QQing. From then he would clearly only use his hack to kill me... He was not kicked.
  • Hackers could be anyone aged from 6-60... Nevertheless all hackers are dumb, but there are a few that are smarter? Brainier? Not sure which word to use. But those hackers that have tricks up their selves, almost are undetected and I have seen these hackers get away with it. When I'm on my own everyone else is alive he shoots from the walls, kills me then I say hacker, they see a crappy score of 6/5 and think I'm just QQing. From then he would clearly only use his hack to kill me... He was not kicked.

They aren't all dumb , If you can cheat without getting banned you're smart.

Just like cheating on an exam , If you get away with it , you're smart and lucky.
    If you get caught , you're stupid and an idiot.

I can easily install a wall hack and not get busted , I'm really good at hiding cheats

but back on topic.
  • This could be quite annoying for those who are actually playing legit since they would receive quite a lot of reports from players. As Vu said if this ever gets introduced in game it should cap at 1 report per day to avoid spam. Right now hacking report page is not working for some but you can always send the replay link via complain and they will make actions towards the player account.

Edit: This could be cool to see in game but we just need to wait till they do a poll about this like they have done with kick system for FFA etc.
  • YouMadMate wrote: »
    This could be quite annoying for those who are actually playing legit since they would receive quite a lot of reports from players. As Vu said if this ever gets introduced in game it should cap at 1 report per day to avoid spam. Right now hacking report page is not working for some but you can always send the replay link via complain and they will make actions towards the player account.

How is that annoying? They're not getting banned if they're not cheating , simple as that?
    Man you're getting noobier and noobier by the day.

nvm that was a bit rude.
  • Support cant handle the load it already gets... what makes you think they can support an ingame system made this easy to report people?
  • How is that annoying? They're not getting banned if they're not cheating , simple as that?
    Man you're getting noobier and noobier by the day.

nvm that was a bit rude.

They get banned if you report them. If you are not able to do so you should upload the replay ( http://www.sendspace.com/ ) and send it via complain with the detailed info.
  • YouMadMate wrote: »
    This could be quite annoying for those who are actually playing legit since they would receive quite a lot of reports from players. .
    YouMadMate wrote: »
    They get banned if you report them. If you are not able to do so you should upload the replay ( http://www.sendspace.com/ ) and send it via complain with the detailed info.

Maybe you're making a mistake.
  • Just like cheating on an exam , If you get away with it , you're smart and lucky.
    If you get caught , you're stupid and an idiot.

That only means you're smart in a sense that you're sly. Why would you cheat on an exam if you wasn't sure/smart enough to do it without cheating? So in a way they are all dumb, but like I said before there are those who know exactly how to cheat without getting caught and could be considered slightly smarter.
  • That only means you're smart in a sense that you're sly. Why would you cheat on an exam if you wasn't sure/smart enough to do it without cheating? So in a way they are all dumb, but like I said before there are those who know exactly how to cheat without getting caught and could be considered slightly smarter.

Most likely , I agree with you

but my statement about not being caught made a little point.
  • Most likely , I agree with you

but my statement about not being caught made a little point.

Some people don't even know how to report but say 'banned'.
    Some people just say 'I will report you' but never save anything.
    Some people save the game, but don't know how to view it.
    Some people save the game and say 'i'll report him later' but later never comes.

More are more hackers just are getting anyway with it after they get caught as well.