New Lt and up server

2»

Comments

• Delacos wrote: »
    back in my day we had to hunt for our own threads in 20 feet of snow
    through the gentle art of prostitution, i've evolved.

mod 2.0
  • dzoser wrote: »
    low ranks usually get banned before they level up, and mainly these hackers give up on the game cos its pointless nothing to enjoy they just waste some time trying the hack also they dont own any vip weapon, i think it takes fair amount of time to reach major rank without vip weapons... also if honorable ribbon is required for server would be better

You are just generalising this isn't the way to go if you want to solve a problem that has been plaguing Z8games since the beginning. No matter if you seen them or not, they exist. I am talking about VIP players that hack, I am talking about the Lt colonels that hack also I am talking about the few hacker that haven't been reported but still continue to hack meaning that they still have the Honorable Soldier Ribbon. I'm not afraid to say that I know actual hackers. They enjoy hacking in their net cafés and they don't seem to be tired of killing everyone. You do realise anyone could be a hacker? I was given a working hack website, so I could be a hacker. A hacker is not that dumb to "hack all the time". You could see a hacker that decided to go legit got 5 games the then next 2 hacked. Hack is a programme and can be turned on and off. If the hacker does get bored then obviously wouldn't he turn the hack off? Just think about that.
  • You are just generalising this isn't the way to go if you want to solve a problem that has been plaguing Z8games since the beginning. No matter if you seen them or not, they exist. I am talking about VIP players that hack, I am talking about the Lt colonels that hack also I am talking about the few hacker that haven't been reported but still continue to hack meaning that they still have the Honorable Soldier Ribbon. I'm not afraid to say that I know actual hackers. They enjoy hacking in their net cafés and they don't seem to be tired of killing everyone. You do realise anyone could be a hacker? I was given a working hack website, so I could be a hacker. A hacker is not that dumb to "hack all the time". You could see a hacker that decided to go legit got 5 games the then next 2 hacked. Hack is a programme and can be turned on and off. If the hacker does get bored then obviously wouldn't he turn the hack off? Just think about that.
    just think of it as a server for veterans of it makes you feel better.
    hacking is obviously not the only reason for this suggestion.

well, not the only reason i support it.
    if op doesn't think further than hacking.. too bad, so be it.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    just think of it as a server for veterans of it makes you feel better.
    hacking is obviously not the only reason for this suggestion.

well, not the only reason i support it.
    if op doesn't think further than hacking.. too bad, so be it.

Well, I'm actually standing up for the little guy... I'm a high level myself so this wouldn't really effect me. If you think you can trap a large number of hackers I the older servers.... What will happen to the people who just joined Z8games? Who just joined crossfire? They will be stuck with a server full of hackers. Surely you can understand that part of my argument?
  • Well, I'm actually standing up for the little guy... I'm a high level myself so this wouldn't really effect me. If you think you can trap a large number of hackers I the older servers.... What will happen to the people who just joined Z8games? Who just joined crossfire? They will be stuck with a server full of hackers. Surely you can understand that part of my argument?
    I really don't.
    You mean the high ranks should play with everyone else to sort of balance out the cheaters?
    Doesn't seem right.

Do note that we're talking about just TWO servers.
    One server holds a theoretical maximum of 6400 players if I'm not mistaken.
    People won't fit, and will play on every other server as well.
  • You are missing the point completely... If you are saying leave the hackers on the lower ranked servers whistle the high rankers, that usually report even if it's functional or not, that would lead to a surge of hackers levelling up to the point that they invade the new server and guess what the problem would still be there. If only the kicks were more effective or if people can identify a hacker ASAP then that would be fine, but people in this game are dumb. Apparently 3 headshots in a row equals hack... BASICALLY WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS: it's like when you are cleaning your room, there is some junk that you put into the closest, one day that closet will overflow and BURST with the pile of crap you put in there. Just because you can't see the problem doesn't mean it's not there...

If the hackers don't stop choosing to hack then they will get insta kicked like lowerpings get kicked in D9. All that is needed is for the server to have a tight growing group of players that are willing to kick every idiot out until it becomes the norm. So while the high ranks are getting their shiz together, the new habit will eventually spread to the lowers and it will become the norm, idea is far fetched but possible.

Then again lower ranks might not learn anything due to the extreme idiocy of the morsians having very low IQ or any critical thought process to change their ways instead of ruining the game they are a huge part of
    I really don't.
    You mean the high ranks should play with everyone else to sort of balance out the cheaters?
    Doesn't seem right.

Do note that we're talking about just TWO servers.
    One server holds a theoretical maximum of 6400 players if I'm not mistaken.
    People won't fit, and will play on every other server as well.

Ahhh, you argue a good point. But I just don't see it happening even if you use your MOD privileges to push the suggestion to the people with power. So good hustle, unless I see a new server you just fighting a worthless cause and technically lost the argument. So I win by default. Yayyyyy:cool:
  • ' wrote:
    Impaled[;3843755']If the hackers don't stop choosing to hack then they will get insta kicked like lowerpings get kicked in D9. All that is needed is for the server to have a tight growing group of players that are willing to kick every idiot out until it becomes the norm. So while the high ranks are getting their shiz together, the new habit will eventually spread to the lowers and it will become a habit, idea is far fetched but possible.

Then again lower ranks might not learn anything due to the extreme idiocy of the morsians being a huge part of the game they are ruining

As I said to dot, I don't see it happening. This isn't the first thread that suggested a new server full of higher ranks. Now you tell me if you see those servers? Well? Can you? Though it could be simple as making one of the uk servers into a LT and higher server, after all this time almost 6 years of the game and they didn't do anything.
  • As I said to dot, I don't see it happening. This isn't the first thread that suggested a new server full of higher ranks. Now you tell me if you see those servers? Well? Can you? Though it could be simple as making one of the uk servers into a LT and higher server, after all this time almost 6 years of the game and they didn't do anything.

Nothing ever changes, this game will always be poor performance, but still lovable when it doesn't make you want to rq
  • Ahhh, you argue a good point. But I just don't see it happening even if you use your MOD privileges to push the suggestion to the people with power. So good hustle, unless I see a new server you just fighting a worthless cause and technically lost the argument. So I win by default. Yayyyyy:cool:
    It has already happened once. I was guilty that time too. It just didn't take well with the general public, being not very advertised and the bar was set too low.

I'd just like to add that while it's not an anti-hacking effort, it will benefit anti-hacking.
    Lieutenants cheat too, and they're more likely to use VIPs.
    Imagine if the VIP cheaters started playing in rooms where everyone knows what a cheat looks like and reports diligently because it's more fun to see a LT banned.
    Many more VIP cheaters will be banned, because those cheats are generally harder to detect automatically and more actively updated by it's creators.

Time not spent by X-Trap trying to detect cheats that get patched by the cheaters ten minutes later, is time better spent improving the automatic system banning the rookie pub cheaters that are much more numerous and blatant.

Win win win.
    It has already happened once. I was guilty that time too. It just didn't take well with the general public, being not very advertised and the bar was set too low.

I'd just like to add that while it's not an anti-hacking effort, it will benefit anti-hacking.
    Lieutenants cheat too, and they're more likely to use VIPs.
    Imagine if the VIP cheaters started playing in rooms where everyone knows what a cheat looks like and reports diligently because it's more fun to see a LT banned.
    Many more VIP cheaters will be banned, because those cheats are generally harder to detect automatically and more actively updated by it's creators.

Time not spent by X-Trap trying to detect cheats that get patched by the cheaters ten minutes later, is time better spent improving the automatic system banning the rookie pub cheaters that are much more numerous and blatant.

Win win win.

Lawl, you actually managed to persuade me, but the people you should give these ideas to is z8... You have won the battle but not the war. If you can get it done then you have truly won the war! But as of right now nothing is happing, so technically I am still winning. :D It's almost 5 am in London and haven't sleep at all
    As Demoniite says, it's not entirely up to me.

I can push for it but beyond that, the easiest way to show that we want it is replies in this thread.

We would be more than grateful if you give this suggestion to z8games.
  • My suggestion would be to dedicated one or two Alpha Channels to LT+ and account must be 1 year old or older. If they turn an empty server into LT+, it will still be empty and the idea will fail.
  • there have been tons in zombie mode as of lately(LT's, Majors, Colonels), knowing they can be slick and not get reported. so no :\

• Sect4 wrote: »
    there have been tons in zombie mode as of lately(LT's, Majors, Colonels), knowing they can be slick and not get reported. so no :\

I used to think like that as well, but this is talking about all modes in general in a server with ONLY LTs or higher. Less of a chance to see a high level hack, even though I've seen many, if you compare it to the amount of hackers below LT... You would see that more than half of the hackers are below, thus gotten rid of more than half of the hackers. Simple as
  • seems really good +1 , but make it from 1st LT not 2nd.
  • itsMauser wrote: »
    seems really good +1 , but make it from 1st LT not 2nd.

It doesn't matter either one, there could be a Major or higher for all I care, but something needs to happen to show us they ARE ACTUALLY working on it.