Option to toggle mutation crate drops.

Is it me or are these crates so damn annoying?

When I stand on on the narrow bridge on the side where people usually camp, I have my mg3 with extended mag, and then boom suddenly my weapon turns into a mp5 because a crate dropped on me. Then, either my mg3 falls down the bridge and I have to get it, or a noob picks up the gun.

The time that made me RQ was when I was standing on the bridge holding off mutants, and then a crate dropped giving me a gatling gun. This dropped my mg3 down the bridge. I almost died trying to get it back, and when I was going backwards shooting mutants, another crate dropped on me and gave me another gatling gun. -.-

Please z8 you must understand that some people does not appreciate this "help" because 9 out of 10 times I pick up a crate I get mutated. Therefore there should be an option to make the character "unwilling" to pick up the crates. This way I won't have to worry about escaping mutants and "crate traps" at the same time.

That moment when you pick up a gatling gun when there is like 10 mutants chasing after yo ass -.-

Comments

• Or they should make it where instead of getting the crate by walking into it, you have to hold 'E', similar to how we refill ammo in ZM. Just not as long of a duration.
  • Just because these crates are annoying to you, they don't have to be to others. They're very handy for players who do not have high-capacity and/or ZP guns and those who don't have the luck of being able to use loads of GP on mutation and weapon-specific mags (this is a free to play game after all). So yeah, it might be just you.

Also, they can still be handy for people who consider their weapons to be better than what you get from the crates if they run out of ammo or want a MM grenade.

The problem I see in an individual option that toggles whether or not you pick up a crate is that it can lead to problems: If you have pickup disabled but still run out of ammo (with a normal MG3, you can get 100/300 at maximum without the use of ZP crates and VIP weapons, which isn't that much), you have no means of replenishing your ammunition.

What helps is to memorize where crates can fall so you can avoid these places right from the start. I do this since I also do not wish to have crates falling on me and depriving me of my machine guns. It also isn't that difficult to avoid the places; occurrences like the one you mentioned must be extremely rare and should go under the "had an unlucky day" section.

As for the "a noob picks it up"-part: that's unfortunate, but you should get over that. If you actually manage to stand or go exactly where a crate may drop, you must be aware that there can be undesired consequences, whether you wanted that to happen or not. I've also lost my MGs to some people before, but since it is just for one round, it should be bearable.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Because I have good guns I don't pick those crates anymore. They are more of an annoyance anyways. (I just let other people get it instead)

One time, in "Merida" where people get inside the cage to camp. What I don't get it is that a crate randomly appears inside the cage, like how the F did it get in there? Sometimes in that room, I would be firing constantly and all of a sudden a mp5 pops up and a noob just steals my vip gun.

If you do know the map enough, you can actually avoid them.
  • Because I have good guns I don't pick those crates anymore. They are more of an annoyance anyways. (I just let other people get it instead)

One time, in "Merida" where people get inside the cage to camp. What I don't get it is that a crate randomly appears inside the cage, like how the F did it get in there? Sometimes in that room, I would be firing constantly and all of a sudden a mp5 pops up and a noob just steals my vip gun.

If you do know the map enough, you can actually avoid them.

The thing is that sometimes when you are chased by like 10 mutants it is hard to evade them and think about crate traps. What happens most of the time is that you accidentally back up into a crate drop place and the crate falls on you, usually giving a gatling gun which then gets you mutated. I'd rather ran out of ammo and use a pistol than risk getting instantly mutated.
  • It is annoying when you pick up something you don't really want. Pressing E to acquire mutation crate will do the job but of course that would not probably happen.

My strategy is to use the timer when mutation crates are dropped. These crates drop on every 50 seconds interval. For example, it drops at: (Includes MM,HM, and HMX)
    2:10
    1:20
    0:30

Basically, if you memorize the mutation crate spot and the crate dropping time, there will not be any problems.