Room option honorable

Like everyone else i hate hackers, it seems that there's no real threat in hacking, a slap on the hand and they can go back messing around. there's no end to that.. and when everything seems lost, a light of hope shine in my mind...
An option that would prevent those who have lost their "Honorable soldier Badge" of joining the room! This is not hack-proof but this would help in many aspect; A fair play environment, players will be more inclined to buy zp, less flaming on the forum..

less complaints -> better rating -> more players -> more money.

thoughts or opinions?

Comments

• I wouldn't be able to join? ;(

I never hacked, I lost it cuz I was dumb enough to post nudes on this forum!
  • you wouldn't be able to join something like 25% of the rooms
  • aWmgasm wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to join? ;(

^

See, not everyone lost their hs ribbon due to hacking, you can lose it because of chargeback or the reason i quoted above, so they wont be able to join those rooms even tho they never hacked, seems kinda unfair, those HS ribbon only rooms will never happen...
  • Dumbest suggestion eva, most h-ackers are low rank or new accounts, most of them have that ribbon you are talking about so your stupid room only prevent " high rank " ha-ckers that dont want to give away their accounts and legit players that lost the ribbon for stupid reason.

If you gonna suggestion idea, might as well go with da ping restriction, I think it would be more useful, but as you know, z8 will neva do these kind of stuff so ye shut up.
  • I_zZ wrote: »
    ^

See, not everyone lost their hs ribbon due to hacking, you can lose it because of chargeback or the reason i quoted above, so they wont be able to join those rooms even tho they never hacked, seems kinda unfair, those HS ribbon only rooms will never happen...

I'm perfectly aware of that. Unfair? i'm not sure. It's unfair to play legit. thx for your opinion.
    Throne_LK wrote: »
    Dumbest suggestion eva, most h-ackers are low rank or new accounts, most of them have that ribbon you are talking about so your stupid room only prevent " high rank " ha-ckers that dont want to give away their accounts and legit players that lost the ribbon for stupid reason.

If you gonna suggestion idea, might as well go with da ping restriction, I think it would be more useful, but as you know, z8 will neva do these kind of stuff so ye shut up.

"da" Dumbest reply, your reply show all your anger. Read what you wrote and try to find why you should think before posting, it's not my problem if you are sad and needs to be *****y to feel better.

Low ranks easily get kicked! Stupid reasons? like not respecting the rules?
  • I like the idea.

As for not being honourable = Not honourable, doesn't matter why :p
  • I'm with zZ on that one: there are reasons for losing the ribbon that are beyond your control.
    For example there can be a problem with your payment for just one day and you lose your ribbon because of that. Since that ribbon cannot clearly tell apart who has hacked previously and who hasn't, it is not suitable for such an idea.
    Besides, I think I remember that the ribbons on the webpage are not connected to the game itself (especially since this is the only CF version I know of that has such a system). Getting Smilegate to establish such a connection could be a challenge.

Maybe there could be an option that keeps players away that have been banned before (even if it was just for 7 days). These bans are not handed out easily, so there is basically no mistake possible: if you were banned at least once, you were either reported (be it for hacking or inappropriate behaviour) or got picked by the autodetection system. These are perfectly fine reasons to restrict people from games in my opinion.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • aWmgasm wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to join? ;(

haha, if your gonna loose the ribbon this is the best way to loose it.

There are still many hackers out there with the HSR, so I would think to start off with you wouldn't see much of a difference. Unless they fix the support and we can report hackers more easily and faster.
  • Throne_LK wrote: »
    Dumbest suggestion eva, most h-ackers are low rank or new accounts, most of them have that ribbon you are talking about so your stupid room only prevent " high rank " ha-ckers that dont want to give away their accounts and legit players that lost the ribbon for stupid reason.

no need to get hostile towards him for trying to solve the hacking problem
  • There's a reason why some players dont have the honorable ribbon. and if you get chargeback they can always reinstall the ribbon in to your account as long you pay them back. some players lose there honorable through insulting other players.
  • Tokilz wrote: »
    There's a reason why some players dont have the honorable ribbon. and if you get chargeback they can always reinstall the ribbon in to your account as long you pay them back. some players lose there honorable through insulting other players.

Some people hack but still get it back.
    *cough* Nonnen *cough*
  • [Quinn wrote: »
    *cough* Nonnen *cough*

Didn't you want to quit like a month ago?
  • Throne_LK wrote: »

^This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Most of the hackers have honorable because they are new accounts. I guarantee there are more active hackers with honorables than without. Also, I'd be willing to bet there are more legitimate players without honorable than active hackers without it. My point is that this "idea" would hurt legitimate players more than non-legitimate. Putting a ping limit would be more effective.
  • [Quinn wrote: »
    *cough* Nonnen *cough*
    l_Danah wrote: »

Isn't he right?

best regards,
    Urkel
  • It's not going to work well. You could get something like a charge back and that also can get you banned.
    And hackers can easily make new accounts by switching ip's or using a vpn and new accounts automatically get the honorable ribbon...
  • l_Danah wrote: »

Don't you have another game to troll?
  • It's not going to work well. You could get something like a charge back and that also can get you banned.
    And hackers can easily make new accounts by switching ip's or using a vpn and new accounts automatically get the honorable ribbon...

So defrauding Z8 is a honorable thing to do? Because if it's just a mistake or a hiccup they return your ribbon.

HPX stated this.
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    So defrauding Z8 is a honorable thing to do? Because if it's just a mistake or a hiccup they return your ribbon.

HPX stated this.

The thing is that getting a chargeback in most cases is due to the customer rebooking the money; however, this doesn't have to be the case all the time. The money can also be rebooked by other parties than yourself.
    In the end, this means it isn't necessarily your fault you get a chargeback. The chance for your being innocent on this is tiny, but possible.

As I already pointed out, I think the best solution for this idea is to look if a player has been banned before. In this CF version, bans are not handed out easily and therefore are a much less controversial and valid condition for excluding players than the HS ribbon is.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    The chance for your being innocent on this is tiny, but possible.

And along with that tiny chance of the chargeback being legit there is a 100% chance you get the ribbon back.

Which makes discussing this pointless.
  • Gablac wrote: »
    Like everyone else i hate hackers, it seems that there's no real threat in hacking, a slap on the hand and they can go back messing around. there's no end to that.. and when everything seems lost, a light of hope shine in my mind...
    An option that would prevent those who have lost their "Honorable soldier Badge" of joining the room! This is not hack-proof but this would help in many aspect; A fair play environment, players will be more inclined to buy zp, less flaming on the forum..

less complaints -> better rating -> more players -> more money.

thoughts or opinions?

when I proposed similar one - I was ridiculed...
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=227343

but +1
    Chimpzz wrote: »
    I like the idea.

As for not being honourable = Not honourable, doesn't matter why :p

This^
    Which makes discussing this pointless.
    Wrong. The habit of making statements for which one declares counterarguments as pointless is not the wisest approach since it clearly shows that one isn't interested in other views. This would mean one is completely convinced of his own arguments and doesn't even want serious discussion. If that is the case, the whole thread (if not the forums) becomes obsolete.

The one-sided view of condemning everyone who has lost his HS ribbon is way too hasty. Serious problems like the hacking situation make many people call for a simple and clear solution; however, complex situations like this demand finer and more complex solutions than just excluding everyone who has lost a certain sign, regardless of the reasons for the loss.

Don't get me wrong: I'm against any kind of fraudulent action against Z8games, be it in-game or outside.
    However, if you want to establish a system that can exclude players from in-game experiences (games, that mainly is), you should only take into account that players in-game behaviour. Since the Honorable soldier ribbon is not just about in-game behaviour plus is theoretically susceptible to false positives, it simply isn't suited to be the criterion for excluding players from rooms.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    Wrong. The habit of making statements for which one declares counterarguments as pointless is not the wisest approach since it clearly shows that one isn't interested in other views. This would mean one is completely convinced of his own arguments and doesn't even want serious discussion. If that is the case, the whole thread (if not the forums) becomes obsolete.

The one-sided view of condemning everyone who has lost his HS ribbon is way too hasty. Serious problems like the hacking situation make many people call for a simple and clear solution; however, complex situations like this demand finer and more complex solutions than just excluding everyone who has lost a certain sign, regardless of the reasons for the loss.

Don't get me wrong: I'm against any kind of fraudulent action against Z8games, be it in-game or outside.
    However, if you want to establish a system that can exclude players from in-game experiences (games, that mainly is), you should only take into account that players in-game behaviour. Since the Honorable soldier ribbon is not just about in-game behaviour plus is theoretically susceptible to false positives, it simply isn't suited to be the criterion for excluding players from rooms.

best regards,
    Urkel

You're argument defeats it's self, as we already established.

You admitted the chances of a hiccup with a chargeback being very tiny and the fact that there is a 100% chance to get a ribbon back makes any tiny hope of your argument being valid, instantly invalid.

But feel free to argue ad infinitum because the point is settled for anyone that has sense.

As for a server for honourable soldiers (those with ribbons), well it's for honourable soldiers.

Who cares if you are hacking, glitching, defrauding, insulting people or being racist in game? or even posting naked pictures of yourself?

Sadly not having a HS is not just for hacking and that is the way it is.
    You're argument defeats it's self, as we already established.

You admitted the chances of a hiccup with a chargeback being very tiny and the fact that there is a 100% chance to get a ribbon back makes any tiny hope of your argument being valid, instantly invalid.

But feel free to argue ad infinitum because the point is settled for anyone that has sense.

Even if we assume that every player losing the HS ribbon without reason will get it back without hassle (which is questionable), there still remain problems:
    As for a server for honourable soldiers (those with ribbons), well it's for honourable soldiers.

Who cares if you are hacking, glitching, defrauding, insulting people or being racist in game? or even posting naked pictures of yourself?
    This is the kind of indifference that must never be applied to topics like this:
    There is a huge difference between hacking/glitching/insulting in-game or causing a chargeback or something similiar. The first group is solely about in-game behaviour. And I agree with you: if people act against the rules in-game, they should be denied in-game experience.
    For the second group however, it must never come to the point where bad outside-game behaviour can cause banishment from in-game experience. If we followed that road, we could as well ban every person who got infracted (for whatever reason) on the forums from playing in-game.
    Sadly not having a HS is not just for hacking and that is the way it is.
    And if you ask me, it may stay that way. However, this is also why that ribbon is unsuitable for being the sole criterion that decides whether or not you may experience the game. And this is also why I say that there must either be a better criterion or this idea should be dismissed.

best regards,
    Urkel
  • See I'm totally for ping limits. Honorable ribbon seems a little bit more complicated but I think a ping capped server would be nice. Anything over 120+ would be kicked out... :P