Report In-Game

So the title says it all.
This idea was taken from a game(M.A.T by subagames)
Why not add an option to report players in game.
Somewhere in the options>report>player>reasons and a comment.
What do you think?

Comments

• Creative_E wrote: »
    They won't ever add that in this game lol :/

They will never add any of the suggestions that many members made.
  • They have accepted suggestions before but some have a lot of flaws.
  • Upex wrote: »
    This is just a bad idea.

And why?
    That way users don't have to go to the support and report people...it's just more easy
  • callmehugo wrote: »
    And why?
    That way users don't have to go to the support and report people...it's just more easy

People will end up spamming reports on people causing an overload of spam. The support team only consists of around 20 people so it will cause even more traffic.
  • I honestly think this thread should be trashed.
    -I've seen this in another version of CF, so I guess this is already breaking the rules.
  • This would work ... if CF didn't have so many idiots playing it
  • First, I Agree that this is a good idea
    some crossfire servers have this.
    and this will make reporting players A LOT
    easier
    but think about it
    at least 15% of the players are those people who think you're hacking if you get a pentakill
    or a triple kill all headshots even if you sprayed
    think about how much Reports z8 would get
    people could just report a random person
    and that report would be looked at even though the person wasn't hacking.
    its like a way to waste the staff's time
    the way to report people now is okay
    i won't really change anything about it

Also this could lead to people being banned for no reason
    for example a clan
    reporting a player they dislike for hacking even though he wasn't
    by the number of reports on that same player the staff would think that the player
    is hacking even though he wasn't

see... abuse
  • Reporting already takes a lon time to get through the system. Why should we stress the system and employees any more by having a system where thousands upon thousands of false reports would be sent each day? It just slows down the process even more and will be abused.
  • Sometimes a good idea just needs a genius(me) to make it viable

So this system would be flawless, if there was a PENALTY on your account whenever the report was FALSE.

And... the admnins would just sort the cases by looking at the players with most reports.

simple
  • F10EXX wrote: »
    Sometimes a good idea just needs a genius(me) to make it viable

So this system would be flawless, if there was a PENALTY on your account whenever the report was FALSE.

And... the admnins would just sort the cases by looking at the players with most reports.

simple

Wow i hate to agree with you. I Hate it. *runsheadagainstwallhard*
    Ok. This will distract me.

7 day bans for the first false reports along with an automatic message (in cf or by e-mail)
    On how to spot cheats correctly. After that 14 day bans and so on.

Percentage of people reading those e-mails: 0.567 % . Win.
    And why?
    For the same reason why the kick-vote system isn't working. Too many report-/kick-happy players that rather cry cheat than accept that they aren't "God's gift" to Crossfire.

The whole point of separating the report system from the game, is to force players to actually review their own replays and realise than just because someone is better than they are, doesn't mean they are hacking.

With an in-game report system, no one will bother reviewing the evidence and support will get flooded with false reports, making it that much harder to deal with the real hackers.
  • Frecklez wrote: »
    For the same reason why the kick-vote system isn't working. Too many report-/kick-happy players that rather cry cheat than accept that they aren't "God's gift" to Crossfire.

The whole point of separating the report system from the game, is to force players to actually review their own replays and realise than just because someone is better than they are, doesn't mean they are hacking.

With an in-game report system, no one will bother reviewing the evidence and support will get flooded with false reports, making it that much harder to deal with the real hackers.

damn you are limited..
  • Frecklez wrote: »

This is so true.
  • F10EXX wrote: »
    Sometimes a good idea just needs a genius(me) to make it viable

simple
    Not simple at all. First of all, you trust in the expertise of support to tell hackers and good players apart, correct? Not the player, but support.

So now the legit player that's showing a genuine concern about suspicious game-play of a fellow player is going to risk being banned himself for reporting suspicious behavior he's not really sure of, but relies on support's expertise? Brilliant idea!

How long will it take before people will stop reporting hackers all together, because they don't want to get banned themselves for being wrong? Obvious hacking, okay. But how good are you at spotting a waller who's not being obvious? Or perhaps someone who's using no-recoil?

Your idea is as bad as his, for no player is going to risk his own account reporting a less than obvious hacker.
    So the title says it all.
    This idea was taken from a game(M.A.T by subagames)
    Why not add an option to report players in game.
    Somewhere in the options>report>player>reasons and a comment.
    What do you think?

dude, this was my idea a long time ago.don't even bother....