GP Melee!

The only permanent melees players can obtain is through zp as of this moment. Many of my GP only friends are always complaining about how they get stuck with their knives. As a result, I believe it would only be fair if z8games/Smilegate added a melee to the GP Black Market. However, to maintain the line between ZP and GP players, this GP weapon would have to be a weak melee. My suggestion is that we reskin the Knife and put it into the GP black market. Why? First off, GP players have been using their knives for as long as they've known, meaning that it is easier for them to use a knife rather than get a new weapon and learn all the tricks of the trade for that new weapon. Secondly, it is not powerful enough to turn the entire melee community over. Finally, it's not something so unique that it belongs in the ZP market, but not something so dull that GP players wouldn't spin for it.

Should z8/SmileGate choose not to, there are other melees that can be put as a permanent GP weapon. The Machete, for example. Yes, it may topple the integrity of melee games, but the machete is one of the hardest weapons to use, and may/may not fall out of favor and become like the P90 Camo.

If even the Machete idea is too much, perhaps we can turn to our other CFs for inspiration and look to our brothers in CF VN. From there, we could take the Wooden Mallet and place it in the GP black market. The Wood Mallet is a slow slash and stab weapon, so minor changes in melee combat would occur.

Then, of course, we could put the wrench in the GP market..... Results may vary....

Or SmileGate can come up with a completely different melee and allow z8 to release it into the GP black market. It could be weapons like a grapple, crowbar, broom, etc. Anything with mediocre stats to maintain the current state of the knifing community: under the hand of kris and axe users. =.=

tl;dr? (Too long; didn't read?)

Main idea: Add a relatively weak melee into the GP black market.

Comments

• Lightseer wrote: »
    The only permanent melees players can obtain is through zp as of this moment. Many of my GP only friends are always complaining about how they get stuck with their knives. As a result, I believe it would only be fair if z8games/Smilegate added a melee to the GP Black Market. However, to maintain the line between ZP and GP players, this GP weapon would have to be a weak melee. My suggestion is that we reskin the Knife and put it into the GP black market. Why? First off, GP players have been using their knives for as long as they've known, meaning that it is easier for them to use a knife rather than get a new weapon and learn all the tricks of the trade for that new weapon. Secondly, it is not powerful enough to turn the entire melee community over. Finally, it's not something so unique that it belongs in the ZP market, but not something so dull that GP players wouldn't spin for it.

Should z8/SmileGate choose not to, there are other melees that can be put as a permanent GP weapon. The Machete, for example. Yes, it may topple the integrity of melee games, but the machete is one of the hardest weapons to use, and may/may not fall out of favor and become like the P90 Camo.

If even the Machete idea is too much, perhaps we can turn to our other CFs for inspiration and look to our brothers in CF VN. From there, we could take the Wooden Mallet and place it in the GP black market. The Wood Mallet is a slow slash and stab weapon, so minor changes in melee combat would occur.

Then, of course, we could put the wrench in the GP market..... Results may vary....

Or SmileGate can come up with a completely different melee and allow z8 to release it into the GP black market. It could be weapons like a grapple, crowbar, broom, etc. Anything with mediocre stats to maintain the current state of the knifing community: under the hand of kris and axe users. =.=

tl;dr? (Too long; didn't read?)

z8 and the devs like their players payin' for melees. But +1
  • We don't need a GP melee. It wouldn't be better than the knife you get for free. Unlike our guns, melee offers very little variation in stats.
  • I think we Crossfire needs a gp knife because its unbalanced to players who don't play the game to go up against one hit knifes.

Sure the knife can one hit headshot, but the axe can one hit headshot with its slash.

I think the gp knife should have a one hit kill right click, but have a 10 damage slash so people wouldn't slash with it. This also encourages skillful play.
  • maybe a cheap katana that you can't hold down the right click
  • Lightseer wrote: »
    Why should Z8games and Smilegate change their policy and turn a former ZP item into a GP one? I doubt that's ever going to happen
    That Hammer is exclusive to CF VN. It has completely replaced the knife there (the knife can only be gotten temporarily through events). This was because there was an incident in which a boy playing CF stabbed his grandfather with a knife and then stole money from his house to spend it on CF. He later claimed to have learned everything from CF. After that, CF VN was obliged to cut all aspects of violence from the game in order not to be closed down. This inlcuded blood, the headshot symbols (now a Wilhelm Tell-styled apple), kills/deaths are now labelled "score". And they had to replace the knife with that hammer and had to introduce a robot character (in order to be able to say that this game displays no violence against humans).
    This hammer won't make it anywhere else in my opinion.
    First: the wrench is too overpowered. It has high damage and fast slash. I would like to see a permanent version of it, but that weapon is way too powerful to be GP.
    Besides, such a pricing change would rightfully enrage players who spent coupons on the wrench.

May happen in the future. There already are some variations of the knife in CF China, so they might come over here...

best regards,
    Urkel
  • Frecklez wrote: »
    We don't need a GP melee. It wouldn't be better than the knife you get for free. Unlike our guns, melee offers very little variation in stats.

It would be fair if they put in a WCG Knife into GP Crates. It doesn't have to be the WCG Knife specifically, but with the stats of it.
  • It would be fair if they put in a WCG Knife into GP Crates. It doesn't have to be the WCG Knife specifically, but with the stats of it.

WCG knife is better than the shovel, except maybe for the horizontal right click, so putting it in GP crates would be pretty ridiculous.
  • It would be fair if they put in a WCG Knife into GP Crates. It doesn't have to be the WCG Knife specifically, but with the stats of it.

More like zp crates.
  • WCG knife is better than the shovel, except maybe for the horizontal right click, so putting it in GP crates would be pretty ridiculous.
    Grabster wrote: »
    More like zp crates.

Shh, why do you destroy my phenomenal argumentation and the chance that we get the best melee in GP Crates?

:(
  • Shh, why do you destroy my phenomenal argumentation and the chance that we get the best melee in GP Crates?

:(
    cuz i already have perm melee dats good

I agree with this.
    CFGu wrote: »
    I agree with this.

I agree with this agreeing with that.

The default knife just isn't fun to play with no matter what anybody says.
  • ' wrote:
    SKoRM;3679586']The default knife just isn't fun to play with no matter what anybody says.

Have you mastered the fast slash yet?
  • ' wrote:
    SKoRM;3679586']I agree with this agreeing with that.

The default knife just isn't fun to play with no matter what anybody says.

So you need to have the 2nd best melee to have fun :confused:
    This doesn't make any sense...
  • Moonridge wrote: »
    but have a 10 damage slash so people wouldn't slash with it.
    That is just a TERRIBLE idea.
  • So you need to have the 2nd best melee to have fun :confused:
    This doesn't make any sense...

Spoken like someone who has a perm melee... Most people who enjoy GM like I do and do not have a perm melee will not tell you GM BL is fun. Nobody.

Sure it's still playable but, well you already know...
  • This is my idea only

they should add balisong and karambit gp crates and the atk power of balisong is half atk power of default knife but has a ability to do combo quick slash for 3-5 and secondary atk....
    ...... I don't know what would it be and could it be a same animation for default knife or other patterns. And for karambit's atk power is more stronger than knife or same atk power of shovel and katana and ability to do triple quick slash and ability to do 1 hit kill by right clicking and the animation for primary atk for using karambit is X pattern and followed by downward vertical slash for secondary atk animation would be holding in reverse grip like tradition way of holding karambit and followed by quick upward swipe diagonally.
  • they should add balisong and karambit gp crates and the atk power of balisong is half atk power of default knife but has a ability to do combo quick slash for 3-5 and secondary atk....
    ...... I don't know what would it be and could it be a same animation for default knife or other patterns. And for karambit's atk power is more stronger than knife or same atk power of shovel and katana and ability to do triple quick slash and ability to do 1 hit kill by right clicking and the animation for primary atk for using karambit is X pattern and followed by downward vertical slash for secondary atk animation would be holding in reverse grip like tradition way of holding karambit and followed by quick upward swipe diagonally.

Dont necropost.