Adjust the Aluminum Bat so that it's usable in knfie matches, instead of just GM

I know not many people have the Aluminum Bat, and probably can't input, but I can see why no one is buying it.

At the moment, although the Aluminum Bat has a near-instant rightclick swing, its range is shorter than that of a knife's. This results in players easily leashing Bat-users by staying out of range of their swings, while still being able to attack them with their superior range. In order for your attacks to connect, you pretty much have to be in-their-face.

I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind this (I think they just assumed it would be okay to invert the range/speed properties of the Katana, and everything would automatically be balanced), but I think this needs a bit of fixing, because I don't feel like I got what I paid for, as the only mode I can use the Aluminum Bat in is Ghost Mode.

I think either the movement speed of the bat should be increased to match its disappointing range, or they should increase the range, while sacrificing either mobility or swingtime. In other words, having the arms 'wave' back the bat (resembling the home-run bat animation in Super Smash Brothers) after releasing rightclick, to increase the swingtime.

Thoughts?

Comments

• nah,it has very good range little less than katana's and shovel's. Good for TDM and GM as well.
  • I have that bat for some time now and I did notice that is lil bit shorter than katana but I'm 100% sure that its longer than knife.
    Arena can be hard because players have a lot of space to run from you but if you are first one who goes down in Sewers you can easily kill everyone who falls down before they hit the ground.
    Also I know that its hard to run when you hold right click but you shouldn't hold it like that unless you play Ghost Mode as Black List and can bhop.
    Try running to your enemies and then press right click when you are realy close to them and then you have 2 options, you can release right click if you think you are close enough to one to actualy hit him or just hold it and be steady to hit them when they come to you.
    While playing sewers I figured out that if you release right click as soon as you press it you won't lose your speed, so timing is everything. Keep practicing you will get used to it fast.
  • I actually tested its range just yesterday, against knife and axe. Both the slash and rightclick are shorter than both axe and knife.
  • I own a bat and I use it in Team Death Matches without any problems against ZP melee users (unless really pro). I think that the bat is very overpowered not only in Ghost Mode.
  • Yeah i find that i only ever use my bat in GM for the same reason. Its just to slow for TDM given the range and speed