Fix radio message/weapon switch problem

It's probably happened to you where you've accidentally hit the Z, X or C key in game and haven't realized it. I do it pretty regularly because I play on a laptop so accidental key strokes are really easy to do. The keys are closer together and take less pressure to push than a regular desktop keyboard. When your radio message menu is open you cannot change weapons with the scroll wheel on your mouse. If you use the # keys to switch weapons you have to press the desired number twice before your weapon will change.

eg: >holding primary weapon > press 2 to switch to pistol > first press of 2 closes radio menu > second press of 2 finally switches you to your pistol

I primarily use my scroll wheel to switch weapons with the exception of using nades as I find it's faster. If the radio menu is open I cannot change weapons til I've closed the menu.

It's a small problem but it has existed as long as I can remember and it seems silly that it's still there after all this time. If it's a purposeful function I really don't get why. Why should having radio message menus open affect my ability to change weapons? :confused:

Bring on the trolls saying: "Hurr durr just don't press ZXC by accident then durr..."

Comments