Report Reward

It is obvious for everyone that hackers are a serious problem to this game.
And the bigger problem is that just 1% report. I don't get anything for report a hacker. There are so many hackers that if I report one, it doens't make any difference.
THIS IS WHAT EVERY PLAYER THINKS!
But if you give some kind of reward for each report (with a true hacker), all the players will start to report the hackers they find in the game.

But there would be another problem.. Many and Many reports a day because all the players would want to win the reward.
So, GET MORE MODS! MODS just to watch reports.

The hacking problem would disappear.

You can offer rewards such as 7 day items, name cards, some GP (500 GP for each report would be cool).

Comments

• People would report every legit player then.
    And I also don´t think that our current forum MODS want to check these reports for hours.
  • If this were implemented it would need awards for accurate, in depth and correct reports. And it would need penalties for players who get result of report wrong (ie report legit player), and are vague and unclear.

I like the idea of Overwatch which was added to CS:GO where legit players get sent demos of reported players and they watch a 10 min clip of 'The Suspect' to decide whether or not the guy was cheating/griefing or there was insufficient evidence to convict. Combine that idea with some form of awards/penalties.
  • Bringing this up again.
    The sentiments are always appreciated when we see legitimate users reporting hackers. But the fact remains, if we rewarded reports then we would see a flood (more so than we already deal with) of false reports. Reporting hackers then becomes about how much reward you can get and not about whether or not the report is good or legitimate.

The autoban system combined with our review system works fine, yes we are aware there are hackers, yes we know there are still problems but proactive solutions are always better than reactive. Adding a reward for reporting hackers will likely never happen.

The biggest reward is that you get a clean game with no cheaters in game rooms. What more can you ask for?
  • You don't get a cookie for doing the right thing, kids. Your reward is helping GMs clean up this game for you.
  • Seeing Closed or Replied on ticket is enough for me :)