Suggestion for knife tournament

5v5 Bracket style knife tournament
Best of 3 moves on
Finals - best of 5
No losers bracket (Once a team loses best of 3 they are out of the tournament)
Teams are chosen before the tournament begins (not randomized)
Map/mode will be Elimination on Arena (13 rounds)
Winning team will need to get a screenshot in case of difficulty confirming winners.

GP characters only
No character items/equipment
No armor
Knife only (no axe, wrench, kris, etc.)

Separate tournaments for NA players and UK players

Winning team gets Golden Knife or some form of special Knife

Could charge an entrance fee if need-be - 5k zp sounds alright.

Comments

• only knife is too unpopular for an event like this, especially the reward
  • I fancy the idea. However, some of the rules you are suggesting are unclear.

Perhaps, if the suggestion has positive feedback as time progresses, you could elaborate on the rules.

I participate in knife matches as a major, and other forms of combat occasionally. So, I'd definitely enjoy a knife tournament eliminating the usage of "special knives."
  • ewsxy wrote: »
    only knife is too unpopular for an event like this, especially the reward

Knife mode is definitely not unpopular. The use of just a "knife", however, is unpopular. This tournament would demand only the use of a knife. Trust me, people would participate.
  • I fancy the idea. However, some of the rules you are suggesting are unclear.

Perhaps, if the suggestion has positive feedback as time progresses, you could elaborate on the rules.

I participate in knife matches as a major, and other forms of combat occasionally. So, I'd definitely enjoy a knife tournament eliminating the usage of "special knives."

If this suggestion gets picked up then I will definitely elaborate some more on the "rules".
  • I'm back again; not to critique, but to post my suggestion to a knifing tournament.

The following are the rules of the knifing tournament:

1. Maximum amount of players: 12 (There will be a drawing beforehand to determine the participants.)

2. Each team consists of 6 players. The players on each team are randomly grouped (by drawing or whatever) in twos. There will then be a total of 3 groups of two on each team. The groups are then randomly placed to verse other groups from the opposing team.

3. A losing group is disqualified from the tournament, reducing two players from the team of the losing group. The groups must continue to battle until only two groups remain as the final battle. The group that wins has to then battle each other.

4. The last man standing is the winner of the tournament.

P.S., I'd prefer the map to be Arena, with the Elimination mode. 9 rounds.

Prize: Any permanent, or if not permanent, 90 day special knife of their choice, with an available reskin of their choice (X-mas, golden, Red-Dragon, Halloween, etc.) Along with that prize, there will be a reward of receiving the highest knifing level badge, regardless of your kill deficiency.

P.P.S, the players must be ranked Master Sergeant or above.
  • I'm back again; not to critique, but to post my suggestion to a knifing tournament.

The following are the rules of the knifing tournament:

1. Maximum amount of players: 12 (There will be a drawing beforehand to determine the participants.)

2. Each team consists of 6 players. The players on each team are randomly grouped (by drawing or whatever) in twos. There will then be a total of 3 groups of two on each team. The groups are then randomly placed to verse other groups from the opposing team.

3. A losing group is disqualified from the tournament, reducing two players from the team of the losing group. The groups must continue to battle until only two groups remain as the final battle. The group that wins has to then battle each other.

4. The last man standing is the winner of the tournament.

P.S., I'd prefer the map to be Arena, with the Elimination mode. 9 rounds.

Prize: Any permanent, or if not permanent, 90 day special knife of their choice, with an available reskin of their choice (X-mas, golden, Red-Dragon, Halloween, etc.) Along with that prize, there will be a reward of receiving the highest knifing level badge, regardless of your kill deficiency.

P.P.S, the players must be ranked Master Sergeant or above.

I added some of this onto my suggestion, but I would prefer to keep it my way. If you have a separate suggestion, please make your own.
  • What do you mean by winning team gets a golden knife?
    You can't give free weapons, I thought only a mod or GM could do that? :s
  • What do you mean by winning team gets a golden knife?
    You can't give free weapons, I thought only a mod or GM could do that? :s

That's why this is under suggestion. I'm not hosting it; I'm suggesting they host a knife tournament like this.
  • Parties wrote: »
    That's why this is under suggestion. I'm not hosting it; I'm suggesting they host a knife tournament like this.

Oh okay. But I think it would have to be a big tournament. Let's say first 200 participants get to join?