ZP crates to GP rentals

A lot of ZP crate guns have received one or more reskins over the course of the years. I imagine that, as a result of the availability of those reskins, the regular crates get bought less. So I’d suggest that certain ZP crate weapons would become GP rental guns after a while. That way, they would serve as a nice GP sink while opening up “new” weapons for free players or people that don’t like spinning crates. It would also be a nice and easy way to test out crate guns before actually spending all of your ZP in an attempt to win it, just to find out that it’s not your kind of gun...
There should of course be certain restrictions on which guns can be turned into GP rentals. I propose the following limitations:
- A decent amount of time should have passed since the release of said guns to keep the feel of exclusivity in the months after release. I’d put this at a minimum of 1 year and a half.
- The gun must have at least one permanent reskin available. Discontinued and seasonal reskins are not considered “available”.
- Only the base version of a gun will become available. Reskins will never become GP rentals, regardless of how many extra permanent reskins of said gun are released.

The only disadvantage for Z8 would be that they get slightly less ZP from the ZP crates of those base versions. But then again, why would you go for the base version if you can get a version with more ammo? It’s either because you don’t like the look of the reskins or because you’re a collector. But I’d guess collectors would still spin for it anyway....

Comments