Reporting without a replay

I hate getting into games with hackers and then once the game is over realizing that I can't report them because I had it set to not save replays. It seems silly that without it you can't report at all. I imagine there is a save of all recent games up to a certain time so z8 could dig through those themselves to find the hacker (just ctrl+f hackers name). Don't understand why the system has to be so difficult to report someone. I mean just having a right click report button in game which gives you a screen similar to that of the one given currently when trying to report would be fine. This could have the system save replays of the player's last two or three games and then when support gets to it they could watch them. I imagine something like this has been suggested a couple times, but I was unable to find it in a quick search.

Comments

• The system is not that difficult, its just time-consuming. I end up not reporting because in every tdm game, I'd have to take around 2 minutes to report that person and the time will add up.
  • Parties wrote: »
    I mean just having a right click report button in game which gives you a screen similar to that of the one given currently when trying to report would be fine.

guessing a lot of people will abuse this and start reporting legit people and it will led to a whole new problem
  • Solution- Get an integrated report system.
  • Reporting without replays is expecting GMs to ban people without proof. Seriously bad for business.
  • Proof is proof lol.

They're not just going to take your word for it and bust people.
  • Integrated report system would only be good if most of CF wasn't filled with QQers who think everyone good is haack
  • one_9 wrote: »
    Proof is proof lol.

They're not just going to take your word for it and bust people.
    Frecklez wrote: »
    Reporting without replays is expecting GMs to ban people without proof. Seriously bad for business.

Ok so why don't they just make an in-game reporting system where whenever you send in a report in game it automatically sends the replay in. Or how about say you save the replay from a game, and you can go into a report page IN GAME, make an option to type a report in and have a draw down tab with all your replays.

If you get the idea it would be pretty cool AND useful. It would be more work for the gm's but all in a good cost right? Then again, they could just hire more people/volunteers. Idk, what i'm trying to say is kinda confusing.
    ' wrote:
    Impaled[;3630206']Integrated report system would only be good if most of CF wasn't filled with QQers who think everyone good is haack

Better to send in a replay of someone than not to.
  • I agree with making the report page inside the game valiable option.
  • Ok so why don't they just make an in-game reporting system where whenever you send in a report in game it automatically sends the replay in. Or how about say you save the replay from a game, and you can go into a report page IN GAME, make an option to type a report in and have a draw down tab with all your replays.

If you get the idea it would be pretty cool AND useful. It would be more work for the gm's but all in a good cost right? Then again, they could just hire more people/volunteers. Idk, what i'm trying to say is kinda confusing.

Too many people would make reports about people who don't hack, but play legit. By using the site they make sure that the one wanting to report the hacker, by making that much effort to login again and to upload a replay, etc., he probably makes a legit hacker report.
  • so genuine...

this post is based on the same idea as my previous thread regarding that LIVE REPORT SYSTEM. :D
  • Ok so why don't they just make an in-game reporting system where whenever you send in a report in game it automatically sends the replay in. Or how about say you save the replay from a game, and you can go into a report page IN GAME, make an option to type a report in and have a draw down tab with all your replays.
    This:
    Too many people would make reports about people who don't hack, but play legit. By using the site they make sure that the one wanting to report the hacker, by making that much effort to login again and to upload a replay, etc., he probably makes a legit hacker report.

And they want you to look at your replays before sending them. What might look like hacking in-game might look differently in replay. With an in-game report system, the majority wouldn't bother with reviewing their own replays. They would just send in the report and then complain on the forum a week later why a given player wasn't banned.