A thought

Since every other amazing suggestion I've thrown out there hasn't even been acknowledged, I'm going to throw out something fairly simple this time...

PUT IN A TOSS WEAPON OPTION FOR INVENTORY!!!!!!!!!

I get tired of spinning crates and getting so many temp guns I don't even want, I would actually pay GP to get them removed from my inventory. P90 for 453 days? No thank you...

Comments

• This was suggested over a year ago, and it was as good a suggestion then as it is now. I'm with you on this. I want to be able to get rid of the damn useless things.
  • +1
    Though, man, gameowners are only adding new guns. Nothing more. They wont add any feature, that will improve gameplay. Check this thread.
  • dows wrote: »
    +1
    Though, man, gameowners are only adding new guns. Nothing more. They wont add any feature, that will improve gameplay. Check this thread.

Wait so how will an implementation of a new storage feature improve gameplay in any way? :confused:

-

I agree. After spinning countless ZP and GP crates, I've ended up with weapons in my storage that'll be available in my storage for more than a year. Though they're not harmful, I just don't appreciate them just sitting in my storage as almost decorations.

In my opinion, they should modify the current 'temporary storage' that we have. It serves no purpose because of such a mere number of Cross Fire players are actually going to spend literally thousands of dollars and own more than 600 temporary weapons and items. It's useless for players who cannot afford to make use of this feature. Therefore, it really should be changed, in some way, to something that the majority can use.
  • random6837 wrote: »
    Wait so how will an implementation of a new storage feature improve gameplay in any way? :confused:

Agreed, I picked wrong word. Lets say: its a feature, that improves the usability of the game interface.
  • I'd like this, as long as there is a "confirm" screen after clicking it because a lot of players will complain about accidentally clicking it, just like they do with the repair all weapons button.
  • The reason this has not been implemented, alonmg with crate gun resell, is the possibility of account abuse. That's why it is dangerous. If they are going to do it, they need to send an email or something.
  • Bovenwer wrote: »
    The reason this has not been implemented, alonmg with crate gun resell, is the possibility of account abuse. That's why it is dangerous. If they are going to do it, they need to send an email or something.
    The difference here is that there is no call for ZP or GP to be repaid. Just drop the gun, and only temp guns would be able to be disposed of for this.
  • This idea has already been acknowledged by Saidin and I can assure you it will most likely never be implemented..

Can't remember where Saidin acknowledged it, but I believe it was the CFDB interview last year back in april (or march can't remember off the top of my head).
  • +1

Although...*Tries tossing AK Camo temp, Tosses Beast*
  • The thing that erks me is I throw out tons of amazing suggestions. This will "never be implemented" because of what? No reason whatsoever. This only applies for temp guns. Technically I paid for it so I should be able to do as I please with it. Stop adding pointless OP zp weapons and actually add technical stuff to actually make the game experience better. Got 0 feedback for my silent gun option in ghost mode. But everyone in the GM community thought it wasnt a bad idea. I see so many crappy suggestions on here that get attention only because they involve zp. I dont ask for golden turds on a silver platter, im asking for fairly simple requests that people DONT have to pay for.....I forgot, thats why they arent acknowledged
  • JBird101 wrote: »
    The thing that erks me is I throw out tons of amazing suggestions. This will "never be implemented" because of what? No reason whatsoever. This only applies for temp guns. Technically I paid for it so I should be able to do as I please with it. Stop adding pointless OP zp weapons and actually add technical stuff to actually make the game experience better. Got 0 feedback for my silent gun option in ghost mode. But everyone in the GM community thought it wasnt a bad idea. I see so many crappy suggestions on here that get attention only because they involve zp. I dont ask for golden turds on a silver platter, im asking for fairly simple requests that people DONT have to pay for.....I forgot, thats why they arent acknowledged

You did not pay for your account. You do not own your account, Z8 does. Asking the Devs to stop adding ZP guns is like asking them to stop making money. In other words it's not going to happen.

Even if it only applies for temp guns there will be those who "toss" their guns on accident and then causing chaos. But it's a good idea nevertheless, +1.

The Devs don't release a lot of things to the public which is why you don't see much of these improvements. But if you look closely in game there have been many changes since 4 years ago.
  • I think the Temp tab in Storage was intended to store all of the temp weapons so they don't clutter your perm storage, but it's apparently not working or hasn't been fully implemented.
  • voyager40 wrote: »
    I think the Temp tab in Storage was intended to store all of the temp weapons so they don't clutter your perm storage, but it's apparently not working or hasn't been fully implemented.

The update was completed in a patch several weeks ago, I'm not sure which one included the activation of the feature.

As far as I know, the temporary storage is simply useless unless you're a player that owns more than 600 weapons and items. Then, your 601st and more items will be placed in that section of your inventory.
  • You did not pay for your account. You do not own your account, Z8 does. Asking the Devs to stop adding ZP guns is like asking them to stop making money. In other words it's not going to happen.

Even if it only applies for temp guns there will be those who "toss" their guns on accident and then causing chaos. But it's a good idea nevertheless, +1.

The Devs don't release a lot of things to the public which is why you don't see much of these improvements. But if you look closely in game there have been many changes since 4 years ago.

If i have a PS3 and sign up for a free account technically i dont own it, Sony does. But if i purchase a game from PSN i still have the option to do whatever i want with the game, whether it be deleting it from my hard drive or keeping it. (I know how to argue)

No ones telling them to stop making zp weapons, they just blow at maintaining a "free to play" status. Is it really difficult to add more gp weapons? (that are actually decent) Is it that hard to make the gameplay a little better? If you have a car with an engine thats about to give out, do you pump thousands into flashy paintjobs? Have you people read half of the suggestions here? You act like my suggestions are so farfetched, they arent. Yes, i have a job. Yes, i buy zp. Im not gonna cry myself to sleep because they didnt add a new zp item, i cant play/live without it. Whats wrong with bringing back old zp items? Id love to own a rose axe or an m4 tigerskin. Back in '11 gameplay was alot smoother, far less technical problems, and a pretty even ingame gp/zp weapon ratio. Im not asking for them to turn water into wine, a little bit of change isnt too hard to implicate...
  • Giggletron wrote: »
    Why is having temp guns such an issue?
    This ^
  • l_Maven_l wrote: »
    This ^

Its not an issue, its the principle of having the option. I use temp guns but not all. Why have a p90 for over a year if im never going to use it? I should just be able to toss it. I dont understand why this concept is so hard to grasp....
    If i have a PS3 and sign up for a free account technically i dont own it, Sony does. But if i purchase a game from PSN i still have the option to do whatever i want with the game, whether it be deleting it from my hard drive or keeping it. (I know how to argue)

The terms & service contracts are completely different so you can't use that example. And you can delete, sell guns and etc on your CF account, but it doesn't change the fact that you do not own it.

I do agree with the how poorly they are managing the servers but it won't help to be pessimistic about it.

I don't mind that they are adding new ZP guns since they need to earn profit and such. GP guns would be nice every once in a while but I'd prefer changes in the coupon system and the BP section of the web mall.
    Its not an issue, its the principle of having the option. I use temp guns but not all. Why have a p90 for over a year if im never going to use it? I should just be able to toss it. I dont understand why this concept is so hard to grasp....

The better question that still hasn't bean answered. Why even bother adding it? Sure it would be convenient to have, but really, it's just a pointless waste of the developers time if you ask me.
  • l_Maven_l wrote: »
    The better question that still hasn't bean answered. Why even bother adding it? Sure it would be convenient to have, but really, it's just a pointless waste of the developers time if you ask me.

yea because they spend all of their time fixing the already existent pronblems...
  • +1 its a good idea, Since I have bought every gp gun from the store, I don't really appreciate having two copies of the exact gun making my storage unnecessary full. It gets frustrating sometimes when I am trying to find the gun I would like to use.
  • Well, just the "temporary weapons" only the player can remove/resell them. Is a good idea +1

G4 is the owner of your account. It doesn't matter if you spent money on it. They're allowing you to use their service, and you are paying for a premium service.

You can't make a fair comparison between PSN and a Crossfire account. You pay for the lisence of a game through PSN.
    On Crossfire, you're under privilege of service for G4's account, and they have every right to revoke that privilege whenever they see fit.
  • Just_Brad wrote: »
    G4 is the owner of your account. It doesn't matter if you spent money on it. They're allowing you to use their service, and you are paying for a premium service.

You can't make a fair comparison between PSN and a Crossfire account. You pay for the lisence of a game through PSN.
    On Crossfire, you're under privilege of service for G4's account, and they have every right to revoke that privilege whenever they see fit.

Totally missed the point but cool...