What car should I get?

Comments

• Was thinking the exact same thing. Does such a thing even exist and is this real life? OP should be looking at buying a Vespa, not a Lambo.

vespa-gts-300-super-black.jpg

Thanks but I don't live in Vietnam. It's the USA.
  • MilkMunzta wrote: »
    I get the car this year after my license gets here. They said the house will be officially mines AFTER MEDICAL SCHOOL. I'm looking at UCI (University California of Irvine Medical).

Whats up BOIIII

Dude I going to that school this fall beby!

In all honest though, don't get a car. You won't need it for the 4 years there (probably 5 for you due to Med). And even after that you probably will have about 6 more years at a graduate school.

Honestly, not worth it to buy a car that expensive and its simply a waste of money.
  • This is not right. There are few that can actually drive good right after they got their driving licence. You will most likely ruin the car. Like tasty said get a vespa
  • not to mention the housing market is pretty bad...my payment on a 3000 SQ feet house is 588 a month with tax and insurance, plus it is in a really nice area, i rent it out so it practically pays for itself.
  • Get a cheap fuel economy class car. Like one of those Toyotas. Save the money that's left over to rent an apartment with possibly a room mate.

Secondly, work hard and actually get into med school. It's not a walk in the park, don't delude yourself in thinking that just because you're of Asian decent you can easily get into the school.

Finally, assuming you actually finish Med school, don't sell the house. Live in it or rent it out and have some money come into your pockets. That'll help pay off some of the debt you'll have accumulated from Med school. Of course this is assuming your parents are not paying for everything. Start financing now and you'll have a good life ahead of you.

Personally, I find it very funny, yet odd. Just about every Asian that goes on these forums has plans for Med school.

Good luck?
  • iPhoenixi wrote: »
    Personally, I find it very funny, yet odd. Just about every Asian that goes on these forums has plans for Med school.

Good luck?

Asians aim high in life. :D
    Its the most common thing that asians parents want their kids to be are doctors.
  • dude i dont wanna be as downputting as rawrj and tasty.. but pretty much everything they said in this thread is right :o
  • Ford KA.

LOL. For a 16 year old newb driver, this guy knows what's best^

10 years of medical school and huge debts? It's a little different in the UK...
    6 years of medical school (you go straight into the course at 18 after A-levels) and a student loan which is only 9% of your income + a little interest and inflation. Overall, it's no more than 15% of your wage. Is it different in the US or something? Student debt is a joke.
  • F yea... training wheels.

AHAHAH, first time I actualy laugh at a post.
  • First you say you have a $50,000 budget, then you say

So what is it. Are you getting this imaginary $50k after you obtain this house and sell it, or are you getting this imaginary 50k now.

A viet in a 50k+ car at the age of 16..... this is comical! Guys, he wants a "5 seater" with "vertical doors" too.

I'm going to put this correctly then.

Right now, I'm 16. I can buy a car for 50k. When I go to UCI, I get one of my parents houses to live in, it's up to me if I want to rent it out, live in it, etc. After I get out of UCI, the house will be put under my name, then I can either: Sell it, continue renting it out or live in it.

And yes, I want vertical doors, maybe I can be cool like you Tasty, one day.
  • Asians aim high in life. :D
    Its the most common thing that asians parents want their kids to be are doctors.

Its a pretty stupid way of saying you are going to be successful. Shakes head when most med people don't get jobs.

LOL. For a 16 year old newb driver, this guy knows what's best^

10 years of medical school and huge debts? It's a little different in the UK...
    6 years of medical school (you go straight into the course at 18 after A-levels) and a student loan which is only 9% of your income + a little interest and inflation. Overall, it's no more than 15% of your wage. Is it different in the US or something? Student debt is a joke.

Paying for school is a very different situation. You literally pay out of your pocket. For UCI in particular its about give or take 30,000 a year. So pretty much a small house at the end of college (4 years).

In America becoming a doctor is much more specialized and competitive I guess. You have to prove your worth in undergrad and apply to a med school. Then you take a number of years specializing in one form of doctor.

MilkMunzta wrote: »
    I'm going to put this correctly then.

Right now, I'm 16. I can buy a car for 50k. When I go to UCI, I get one of my parents houses to live in, it's up to me if I want to rent it out, live in it, etc. After I get out of UCI, the house will be put under my name, then I can either: Sell it, continue renting it out or live in it.

And yes, I want vertical doors, maybe I can be cool like you Tasty, one day.

Don't buy the god damn car. You are an idiot if you do. Waste of money. Especially because you live in OC. Its so damn nice outside. You should bike everywhere.

Edit: Even if you commute, which I highly recommend against unless you know the area, you should dorm. You will make connections and if you commute, the only thing you do is make your school a place to learn and not a place of opportunity. Its not like having this nice car is going to mean anything when you are walking from place to place to chill and there is a FREE transit system for students. But suit yourself, you will regret it when you don't use the car for 4 years and then sell it for less than you payed for even though it will probably be in pristine condition.
  • Its a pretty stupid way of saying you are going to be successful. Shakes head when most med people don't get jobs.

Paying for school is a very different situation. You literally pay out of your pocket. For UCI in particular its about give or take 30,000 a year. So pretty much a small house at the end of college (4 years).

In America becoming a doctor is much more specialized and competitive I guess. You have to prove your worth in undergrad and apply to a med school. Then you take a number of years specializing in one form of doctor.

Don't buy the god damn car. You are an idiot if you do. Waste of money. Especially because you live in OC. Its so damn nice outside. You should bike everywhere.

Edit: Even if you commute, which I highly recommend against unless you know the area, you should dorm. You will make connections and if you commute, the only thing you do is make your school a place to learn and not a place of opportunity. Its not like having this nice car is going to mean anything when you are walking from place to place to chill and there is a FREE transit system for students. But suit yourself, you will regret it when you don't use the car for 4 years and then sell it for less than you payed for even though it will probably be in pristine condition.

Nah I live in the Inland Empire so I basically have to drive to get there. And I'll probably just stick with my 2001 Acura for now. D:
  • MilkMunzta wrote: »
    Nah I live in the Inland Empire so I basically have to drive to get there. And I'll probably just stick with my 2001 Acura for now. D:

Telling you dude, lets be honest here... You want the car to impress the babes right? eh eh?

Well... unfortunately that won't really help because they won't see you in the car... and if they do... its only because you parked. Idk if thats really like a "Wow, lets go after that dude cus he has a car!"

You should focus more on going to the ARC with me. :D
  • this thread is most likely for showoffing reasons anyway

EDIT: before i even go to the clan page, im guessing he has around 15 pages of guns
    nvm i fail
  • this might be a troll.

inland empire is not a rich area.

asians are not that rich.

u have to go to undergrad first to apply for med school, and it is not easy to get in a med school.

there is no Lamborghinis in eastern LA county, it's very working class there. maybe in Malibu there are a few Ferrari.

i just dont believe this whole thing.
  • screw the car:

Pinarello_Dogma_DI2_Follon.jpg

hold's its value better, is nicer, healthy and nicer than any cars posted...
  • So, in other words, by the time you actually finish premed, you're not gonna be able to even remember making this thread.
  • screw the car:

Pinarello_Dogma_DI2_Follon.jpg

hold's its value better, is nicer, healthy and nicer than any cars posted...
    Cube is better :p but yea, bikes ftw. Too bad. If i had 50k id buy myself a porsche 911 and a cube <3
    1nsomniac wrote: »
    So, in other words, by the time you actually finish premed, you're not gonna be able to even remember making this thread.

So true... Med school is actually the hardest of them all. Maybe law can live up to the standards..
  • g0nzo wrote: »
    Cube is better :p but yea, bikes ftw. Too bad. If i had 50k id buy myself a porsche 911 and a cube <3

So true... Med school is actually the hardest of them all. Maybe law can live up to the standards..

you're a cube fan?!

we (the shop i work at) are the main cube stockists for the north of England :P

Got an acid, and after an agree hpc next season...
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    this might be a troll.

u have to go to undergrad first to apply for med school, and it is not easy to get in a med school.

there is no Lamborghinis in eastern LA county, it's very working class there. maybe in Malibu there are a few Ferrari.

Inland Empire is split between Riverside County and San Bernardino County, not LA County.
  • Unless if you have the money to spend without losing a property, dont bother. I sold nothing for my car, houses do not decrease in values like cars. My house was 500k when I bought it and rose to millions.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    this might be a troll.

I live in Mentone if you need that to be clarified. Inland Empire is where I live around basically. LA has a few Lamborghinis.
  • Lambo doors and really really old lame and useless... go buy a brand new subaru STI, put a slight tune on it and away you go..you have yourself a v8 eater.
  • sounds more like you're getting ripped off by every med school in the country actually

we produce top tier scientists and doctors and our student loans are interest free and you can pay it back in twenties if you feel like it.

quote fail, reply to previous med school discussion.