Account sharing?

So, my question is, what action can be taken against account sharing?

I know it's in violation of statement 1.1.2, and I caught somebody (in a 1vs1 room against me)
claiming he shares that account with his friend. Got screenshots of our whole conversation, but no idea under what reason I should report it. Decided to ask the forum's opinion instead of PMing a GM/Mod regarding this situation.

Thanks in advance,

itsKibo

Comments

• Hizumara wrote: »
    So, my question is, what action can be taken against account sharing?

I know it's in violation of statement 1.1.2, and I caught somebody (in a 1vs1 room against me)
    claiming he shares that account with his friend. Got screenshots of our whole conversation, but no idea under what reason I should report it. Decided to ask the forum's opinion instead of PMing a GM/Mod regarding this situation.

Thanks in advance,

itsKibo

The account will be banned. But screenshot of a conversation isnt proof. I guess they could look it up if you report them...
  • Giggletron wrote: »
    The account will be banned. But screenshot of a conversation isnt proof. I guess they could look it up if you report them...

Yeah, I know they can check IP logs and if they find different IPs it means banned.

Now he claims that I share my account and he is gonna report me? Lol... This guy is amazing...

Edit: under which reason should I report it?
  • Giggletron wrote: »

The Person who Posted this Forum is Sharing His Account with his Girl Friend He told me That and i think i have evidence
  • 7z2louuuum wrote: »
    The Person who Posted this Forum is Sharing His Account with his Girl Friend He told me That and i think i have evidence

I don't share my account at all, this account has been mine and mine only since the creation of it. My girlfriend, however, did share her account info with me but I didn't play on it since 2010.

Edit: begging me for mercy on CF in our room doesn't help either, -Tigeer?
    Don't even dare to beg for me to NOT report you, because this just makes you even more suspicious...
    I don't share my account at all, this account has been mine and mine only since the creation of it. My girlfriend, however, did share her account info with me but I didn't play on it since 2010.

Edit: begging me for mercy on CF in our room doesn't help either, -Tigeer?
    Don't even dare to beg for me to NOT report you, because this just makes you even more suspicious...

ok Dude,I Begged u and u are Selfish
    ok Dude,I Begged u and u are Selfish

I'm not selfish, I just stated that account sharing is against the terms of use and you broke it. I said I will report you for it, and now you beg for mercy to not report you? I even gave you a chance for why I shouldn't report you. But no, you decide to lie against me, saying the account is yours all of a sudden. Next thing you say I share my account, which I have proven not to. The next thing you do is beg for mercy to not report you?

Get out of here... I hope you have fun with your ban dude.
    Yeah, I know they can check IP logs and if they find different IPs it means banned.

Now he claims that I share my account and he is gonna report me? Lol... This guy is amazing...

IP can't Prove sh!t actually... let say i have my own internet then i go to my buddy's computer and log in there to check and that my account is register to his IP due to log in on his computer which is my IP and his IP Will send Cookies to the Z8 Log... if I'm Wrong Correct me :)
  • IP can't Prove sh!t actually... let say i have my own internet then i go to my buddy's computer and log in there to check and that my account is register to his IP due log in on his computer which is my IP and his IP Will send Cookies to the Z8 Log... if I'm Wrong Correct :)

if the account is connected to different IPs the whole time, that makes it suspicious. Not to mention, he just busted himself here in this post.

Edit: if it happened once or twice on a different IP, then he can try to explain. If it's more than usual he risks an account ban.
  • Is There is Any Chances To not To Be Banned ? Please ? he humiliated me Please GM's I Didn't See That Rule Please :'(
    Is There is Any Chances To not To Be Banned ? Please ? he humiliated me Please GM's I Didn't See That Rule Please :'(

Don't even start the begging on the forums here... They won't just think ''oh it's so sad for him somebody humiliated him because he broke a rule'', that would mean they should give everybody another chance. It's unfair to just ''not ban you'' for this, if others do get banned for this without any excuse.
    I'm not selfish, I just stated that account sharing is against the terms of use and you broke it. I said I will report you for it, and now you beg for mercy to not report you? I even gave you a chance for why I shouldn't report you. But no, you decide to lie against me, saying the account is yours all of a sudden. Next thing you say I share my account, which I have proven not to. The next thing you do is beg for mercy to not report you?

Get out of here... I hope you have fun with your ban dude.

it's a Friend of Me IN Real Life So What if i play on his account i made a Crime ? If i Got Banned That's Not fair At All
  • I know people getting banned when their z8games account logs in from Canada on Monday and Australia on Tuesday. If the IP shows different with respect to the country then he will get a ban. Other than that, I don't think he will be banned for just some screen-shots (people can easily edit pictures) and minor IP change.
    it's a Friend of Me IN Real Life So What if i play on his account i made a Crime ? If i Got Banned That's Not fair At All

It is fair since it's your friend's account, and his account risks an account ban under statement 1.1.2 of the terms of use. They won't just make him an exception, nor will they make you or anybody else an exception.

Edit:
    SlickGamer wrote: »
    I know people getting banned when their z8games account logs in from Canada on Monday and Australia on Tuesday. If the IP shows different with respect to the country then he will get a ban. Other than that, I don't think he will be banned for just some screen-shots (people can easily edit pictures) and minor IP change.

If you actually read the post, he just confessed that he shares the account with this friend, which is against 1.1.2.

I play on 2 or 3 different Ips
  • sexypimp1 wrote: »
    I play on 2 or 3 different Ips

Then if they ask for an explanation for why, then you have to explain.

He just confessed in here he shares his account with his friend, and to quote 1.1.2 for those who don't know what it says:
    wrote:
    [1.1.2] Account Sharing
    Accounts shall not be shared between people. This includes but may not be limited to such people as friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members etc. It is the responsibility of the account holder to keep all information about the account secure. Z8Games takes no responsibility for an account in which more than one person may know the confidential information of. Accounts involved in sharing instances may require information as listed in [1.1.4] to prove ownership. Z8Games reserves the right to leave the account in its current state or close an account if information can’t be corroborated.
    It is fair since it's your friend's account, and his account risks an account ban under statement 1.1.2 of the terms of use. They won't just make him an exception, nor will they make you or anybody else an exception.

Edit:

If you actually read the post, he just confessed that he shares the account with this friend, which is against 1.1.2.

i didn't read this Rule :S i hope There is Chances and i will tell my friend To change Everything
    and i wont Play on his account again

Edit:

It might also depend on how he shares his account as he said that it was his real life friend. They might play together in the same place and more. He did confess that he shared his account with his friend but never said which account. :confused:
  • SlickGamer wrote: »
    It might also depend on how he shares his account as he said that it was his real life friend. They might play together in the same place and more. He did confess that he shared his account with his friend but never said which account. :confused:

I got screenshots of the ingame name, and if they can link that ingame account to the IP of the forum account he posted on, he busted himself.

Doesn't take a smart person to figure it out really.

Anyway, this is going way off topic since my question was:

Under which reason should I report this?
  • Is there is Chances i want GM to answer i hope there is
    I got screenshots of the ingame name, and if they can link that ingame account to the IP of the forum account he posted on, he busted himself.

That's not fair, i didnt know that rules are so important i broke a rule in account Terms of use i didnt read this one Please :S

LOL! ok!
    Why do you want him to get a ban that bad?

:p
    Btw What Prove That Who was Talking was me ?

Ingame name, they look into IP logs.
    Forum name, they look into IP logs.

SlickGamer wrote: »
    LOL! ok!

Because he broke a rule, that's why :)
  • SlickGamer wrote: »
    LOL! ok!

i don't know i think he is Selfish i told many people in game and they didnt do that i think because he told me that CF NA sucks and he is Playing CF Europe so he doesnt care about someone in CF NA
  • Anyway i hope GMs understand this Situation
    Ingame name, they look into IP logs.
    Forum name, they look into IP logs.

Because he broke a rule, that's why :)

dont tell me that u didnt Break a rule Before ;)
    i don't know i think he is Selfish i told many people in game and they didnt do that i think because he told me that CF NA sucks and he is Playing CF Europe so he doesnt care about someone in CF NA

I'm leader of a clan in NA/UK CF, why wouldn't I care about someone if I run my own clan?

Also, that comment is pre-judging based on what my actions against you are. You don't even know me for real. As far as I recall, you were calling people in EU CF hackers, which I know are legit players. Then you ask me for a 1vs1 to prove who actually is better. I agree, under certain circumstances. Then you come with that you share your account with your friend, decide to lie afterwards, and lie now again?

This just gives me more reason to report you...
    7z2louuuum wrote: »
    dont tell me that u didnt Break a rule Before ;)

I didn't no. Never did on this account.
    I'm leader of a clan in NA/UK CF, why wouldn't I care about someone if I run my own clan?

Also, that comment is pre-judging based on what my actions against you are. You don't even know me for real. As far as I recall, you were calling people in EU CF hackers, which I know are legit players. Then you ask me for a 1vs1 to prove who actually is better. I agree, under certain circumstances. Then you come with that you share your account with your friend, decide to lie afterwards, and lie now again?

i lied ?
    omg look dude u are Selfish and that was my friend's acc And i am and was joking when i lied
    and That's My Friend Acc So go Play ur CrossFire Europe and leave NA alone ????

IP doesnt really prove it but it can give a good indication... it depends on the situation.

Then go for it...
    but its Not Fair GM's
    Is There is Any Chances To not To Be Banned ? Please ? he humiliated me Please GM's I Didn't See That Rule Please :'(

Doesnt matter. It breaks the terms of service you agreed to. You should have kept your mouth shut. You should have read the rules.

I didn't no. Never did on this account.

so u did on others so dont blame me
This discussion has been closed.