map discussion - compound and desertstorm

2»

Comments

• dooplpk wrote: »
    mav prefires nearly every round. apparently, you are just to unskilled to see it.

1. peak see someone
    2. repeak while prefiring
    3. profit

also do you not see the random spam vs common spots throughout the whole thing?

LOL, are you kidding me doop? I just went back and watched the first 6 minutes.

FIRST OFF, we're not talking about SPAM spots, you said people prefire to take advantage of the netcode. That doesn't have jack**** to do with spamming. secondly, prefires are in every game, not just crossfire. they're going to carry over. you, shaffer, pos, mrn, etc have all said that people CONSTANTLY prefire to abuse the netcode. the times i watched mav he was either SPAMMING (long b, hotel window, etc) or he PREFIRED at hotel stairs. except i HIGHLY doubt he was planning on landing a shot with those prefires, i can almost guarantee he was shooting those to make noise and / or get you to peek out, which you did, like the intelligent player you are.

people do not prefire to abuse the netcode, sorry. that doesn't even make sense.
  • mickeyes wrote: »

FIRST OFF, we're not talking about SPAM spots, you said people prefire to take advantage of the netcode. That doesn't have jack**** to do with spamming. secondly, prefires are in every game, not just crossfire. they're going to carry over. you, shaffer, pos, mrn, etc have all said that people CONSTANTLY prefire to abuse the netcode. the times i watched mav he was either SPAMMING (long b, hotel window, etc) or he PREFIRED at hotel stairs. except i HIGHLY doubt he was planning on landing a shot with those prefires, i can almost guarantee he was shooting those to make noise and / or get you to peek out, which you did, like the intelligent player you are.

people do not prefire to abuse the netcode, sorry. that doesn't even make sense.

Prefires are in every game. You don't say? With such a high level of understanding of the game you should of made the cut for 51. Then again it is better off in the long run that you started your own team.

The steps are rather simple:
    1. Peak
    2. Repeak while prefiring
    3. Profit

Peakers advantage is abusing the net code. Sorry you can't understand this concept. It's no different than the jump crouch awping that used to occur in css.

Also, I don't see how spamming is not considered prefiring... Wouldn't the definition of prefiring be shooting before you see the enemy? Then again what do I know, I am just a newb from css.

Can someone who is actually good come have a conversation with me.
  • [18:55] doop: quick question. If you quick peak and see someone, on your repeak do you shoot as you are peaking?
    [18:56] /\_ Brando: your saying i peek, and as im going back behind the wall i see someone, then when i repeek do i shoot as im peek again?
    [18:56] doop: yea
    [18:56] /\_ Brando: yes
    [18:56] /\_ Brando: i do
    [18:57] /\_ Brando: thats not really prefire though, because i know they are there
    [18:57] doop: can you ask jaime the same thing?
    [18:58] /\_ Brando: to me prefire is more like just peeking and shooting as you peek without knowing they are there
    [18:58] /\_ Brando: i suppose technically it is prefire since you are shooting as you come out
    [18:58] /\_ Brando: duno
    [18:59] doop: i look at blindly shooting/spamming, peaking while shooting, and repeaking while shooting as prefire. I am shooting before they are on my screen, hence prefire
    [19:00] /\_ Brando: i see, well i've seen jaime play plenty i dont think he prefires much, he dosnt shoot till he is on their head
    [19:00] doop: jaime makes me break things
    [19:00] /\_ Brando: lolol

[18:56] doop: quick question. If you quick peak and see someone, on your repeak do you shoot as you are peaking?
    [18:57] FG l Terrorism: sometimes i do somtimes i dont
    [18:57] FG l Terrorism: why?
    [18:57] doop: a disagreement on the forums
    [18:58] FG l Terrorism: majority of the time i dont

[18:57] doop: quick question. If you quick peak and see someone, on your repeak do you shoot as you are peaking?
    [18:57] FOLK GAMER MAV: most likely

[18:57] doop: quick question. If you quick peak and see someone, on your repeak do you shoot as you are peaking?
    [18:57] pearl: like 80% of the time
    [18:57] pearl: unless I am very confident that they are slower then me

[18:57] pearl: like 80% of the time
    [18:57] pearl: unless I am very confident that they are slower then me

[19:01] vVv/\_ KAZ: oh you were talking about rifle
    [19:01] doop: ya
    [19:01] vVv/\_ KAZ: i prefire with rifle when i repeak
    [19:01] vVv/\_ KAZ: i thought you were talking about sniper
    [19:02] doop: or in your case a deagle
    [19:02] vVv/\_ KAZ: sometimes
    [19:02] doop: since i've seen you rifle maybe once lol
    [19:02] vVv/\_ KAZ: yea lol

[19:06] doop: quick question. If you quick peak and see someone, on your repeak do you shoot as you are peaking?
    [19:07] the mentalist: yeah i always prefire when i repeak

players who don't:
    jaime
    terrorism
  • Doesnt' really have anything to do with what I'm arguing, but I bit anyways...

[20:35] ❤ mickey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5d7dqUd28Yg#t=501s
    [20:35] ❤ mickey: are those prefires?
    [20:36] ❤ mickey: they're the exact repeeks i assume ur talking about
    [20:36] doop: on minty yes
    [20:36] doop: on me no
    [20:36] ❤ mickey: ok, i dont think any of those are
  • angles are important in this game... in terms of prefiring I only do it if I know someone is there and keeps re-peeking or if i want to make noise.

and mick was 0-11 :)

and what al said
  • Denxi wrote: »
    Or you can put emphasis on both qualities rather than just one.

+1. Most people stay at an avg lvl here because they work on shots only.

Angles and nades aren't that important in crossfire.
    mickeyes wrote: »
    probably one of the dumbest comments ever posted on these forums...

2nd that
  • um, when you have those little peeking battles (strafing in and out of corners while another person does it), you better be prefiring or you'll probably lose.
  • mickeyes wrote: »

well this is kinda true
    but most ppl do prefire at a repeak or a peak
  • alsodag wrote: »
    um, when you have those little peeking battles (strafing in and out of corners while another person does it), you better be prefiring or you'll probably lose.

I'm not taking advice from a dog!