Best clans of all time on cf

This post is to debate who were the best clans since cf started. I have been playing cf since day one and if people say they cant think of any good clans that played cf, then there either lying or ignant- because there have certainly been atleast 10 good clans that have played this game. This list is just of the top of my head.....probably many more.
1. AREA51 <-early in the games existance totally dominated
2. Radium <-Great strategies, Great players, Great leader
3. Axiom
4. Lifeline
5. Ascendance <-weren't around long, but very good at their peek
6. Serenity <-With pudgy at the helm, they were definately one of the smartest teams
7. Throne/H2O <-around time of 1st tourney and just after they rock'd
8. Replay/sorry <- Played them in the purefrag tourney- very tough team
9. Trio <-possibly best team currently in cf, untill sLackerz gets them in next tourney;)
10.E[X]/NextGaming <- used to scrim with WestSide, and played SEX in first tourney
Honorable mentions...
Lumi <-good team in there day
FGT<-alot of good players, and they rock'd us in second tourney
Momentum<- Smart team with smart playerz-reminds me of l3ig_l3ang! sup snook, rap
Fear<-was really good early in the games history, not so much lately
sLackerz<-would be in top ten, but are too new...will be in top 10 all time soon:)
My personal favorite team of all time.............drum roll please....
Serenity<- early serenity with its strategy maps and intriquet clan ranking system was way ahead of its time. pudgypaw definately created one of the smartest and skilled clans for its time. *miss it

Comments

• 51, Life Line, Serenity.

I wont call a present top clan, too many uncertainties in terms of legitimacy.
    Expect some underrepresented EU clans on that list tho.
  • momentum, sLackers, trio, sorry, vizuaL, fuse, adr(hopfully they come back soon!) micro
    sorry if i missed some of you :(

and I don't list older clans since I believe that we should all put the past behind us and move to to better things :)
  • ibeasts wrote: »
    momentum, sLackers, trio, sorry, vizuaL, fuse, adr(hopfully they come back soon!) micro
    sorry if i missed some of you :(

and I don't list older clans since I believe that we should all put the past behind us and move to to better things :)

aDr is not coming back.

In fact, Dac, deathstrike and myself joined aDr tonight. We had a good time playing ground war with 8 people lol.

aDr is a mw2 clan. Enough said.
  • ibeasts wrote: »
    aww :( that sucks

Nah, mw2 is a great game.

In my time of playing it cF was great too... but like you said: "I believe that we should all put the past behind us and move to to better things"
  • lmao dont want to comment on the past-were talking about 5-6 months ago not 5-6 years ago:) Sure its great to look to the future, but that doesn't mean we have to forget the past. We should still judge ourselves by the standards set by those who went before. and another thing; alot of noobs in this game today could learn something from those (so-called) old clans. I wanna know what the *OP's think not the noobs. Come on Bruce you know what I'm saying- Serenity was a great team, when being a great team meant something, same with alot of those older clans; competition was stiff in those days. Bio you've scrimmed about every good clan in this game- who's the best teams you've played. *OP= original playa^*^
  • Personally I think cDrive would of been better than any team in crossfire, we just didn't have a fourth and a fifth that was worth a damn.

Me fRost and toddsquad was a pretty sick combo, and won some scrims vs the better clans in closed beta.
  • id say area51 (before bios time) and radium lifeline and axiom is who i would say.
  • bioh4zard1 wrote: »
    id say area51 (before bios time) and radium lifeline and axiom is who i would say.

you saying the area 51 during your time was bad, isee how it is

you are not invited to my birthday anymorE!
  • thank you for teach a newbie to crossfire the history!
  • no i just knew area51 ran the game before i even knew about it =) pweeez i got you the purple power ranger with exploding head *BOOM HEADSHOT*
  • doop51 wrote: »
    you saying the area 51 during your time was bad, isee how it is

you are not invited to my birthday anymorE!

rofl......

am i invited to ur barbie themed birthday???
  • 6. Serenity <-With pudgy at the helm, they were definately one of the smartest teams
    Serenity<- early serenity with its strategy maps and intriquet clan ranking system was way ahead of its time. pudgypaw definately created one of the smartest and skilled clans for its time. *miss it
    Come on Bruce you know what I'm saying- Serenity was a great team, when being a great team meant something,.......

Agree entirely. Pudgy was a great man and Serenity was family to me. To this day I have never felt closer to a group of "strangers on the internet".

Days when I would log onto vent just to chill and chat, late night sessions exchanging youtube videos. Me, Bad, Sneeze, and Cypher were an amazing team, we just never had a fifth. Bad was like, this crazy rifle guy who really gave us a lot of momentum in scrims to get up and roll people. Sneeze was an amazing sniper who clutched constantly. Cypher was our really chill, laid back, level headed guy who was an amazing rifle and master soup chef. I was TOO lucky that I met bad when I first started playing, he introduced me to Sneeze and that was that.

Pudgypaw was a great leader. I would have followed him ANYWHERE. (and I did in a sense as I later joined Trio) He was just a lot of fun to hang out with, and not a bad shot with his awm (but the yeehaw Clint Eastwood pistoling was something we always ragged him on)

Back in the day, the teams were GOOD. There was no zp items to make you skinny. No zp items to let you sit on a grenade and take 10 damage. No zp items to let you take an extra headshot. People were just good. Nowadays beta clan server might as well be called "Females Only" as thats all it is. Girls with red berets and blue flame and armor and shovels and pink grenades and skill lites just running around. Poor reg + Armor = 10 shots to kill.

Its MY opinion that the teams today just don't have the same skill as was present back in the day. Back when CF Pug had 2 pug channels at a time in game, back when pug draft drew 100 players, and back when the spop wasn't as prevalent.

And Serenity (Well, mainly Pudgypaw and myself) were ahead of its time, we wanted REAL strats and REAL practice. Most teams think of strats as "Two long Three cat" and practice as "Run around on this map and shoot each other"

But the game is still (kinda) young, so I can't really complain too much.

/EarlyMorningLongPost
  • right bruce....

well compared to CS
    CF is really young,

i personally think CF can be better than CS
    if u put hard work and much effort to it,,,
  • kingdonz wrote: »
    right bruce....

well compared to CS
    CF is really young,

i personally think CF can be better than CS
    if u put hard work and much effort to it,,,

That's a bold statement.

Judging from the way things are heading (from what I can see), I disagree.
  • [MOD]Bruce wrote: »
    Agree entirely. Pudgy was a great man and Serenity was family to me. To this day I have never felt closer to a group of "strangers on the internet".

Days when I would log onto vent just to chill and chat, late night sessions exchanging youtube videos. Me, Bad, Sneeze, and Cypher were an amazing team, we just never had a fifth. Bad was like, this crazy rifle guy who really gave us a lot of momentum in scrims to get up and roll people. Sneeze was an amazing sniper who clutched constantly. Cypher was our really chill, laid back, level headed guy who was an amazing rifle and master soup chef. I was TOO lucky that I met bad when I first started playing, he introduced me to Sneeze and that was that.

Pudgypaw was a great leader. I would have followed him ANYWHERE. (and I did in a sense as I later joined Trio) He was just a lot of fun to hang out with, and not a bad shot with his awm (but the yeehaw Clint Eastwood pistoling was something we always ragged him on)

Back in the day, the teams were GOOD. There was no zp items to make you skinny. No zp items to let you sit on a grenade and take 10 damage. No zp items to let you take an extra headshot. People were just good. Nowadays beta clan server might as well be called "Females Only" as thats all it is. Girls with red berets and blue flame and armor and shovels and pink grenades and skill lites just running around. Poor reg + Armor = 10 shots to kill.

Its MY opinion that the teams today just don't have the same skill as was present back in the day. Back when CF Pug had 2 pug channels at a time in game, back when pug draft drew 100 players, and back when the spop wasn't as prevalent.

And Serenity (Well, mainly Pudgypaw and myself) were ahead of its time, we wanted REAL strats and REAL practice. Most teams think of strats as "Two long Three cat" and practice as "Run around on this map and shoot each other"

But the game is still (kinda) young, so I can't really complain too much.

/EarlyMorningLongPost

wow this thread is so good!

im llearning so much about this game :D
  • What about Marvel? they where amazing... May they Rest in Peace. -_-
  • Forgot to add my shortlist:

(Old) Life Line
    aXiom Gaming
    Radium
    Serenity
    (Original) Area51
  • ECFFoumer wrote: »
    What about Marvel? they where amazing... May they Rest in Peace. -_-

I highly doubt you were ever in Marvel.
    Most teams think of strats as "Two long Three cat" and practice as "Run around on this map and shoot each other"

/EarlyMorningLongPost

= = Lol bruce.

In my opinion as well as most of my team's opinion, strats work against bad - average players in beta. In a scrim against a good team, most strats don't work in 5v5 (starting out) situations. Fakes, flanks ... dont' work because the good teams are smart enough to sniff it out. Having a strat for 2v1 3v2 situations middle of the game do work really well because theres not enough ppl on the other team to hear every sound u make.

If you were ever in Trio, you would know that we don't have strats, when people say we have good strats i tell them we have good timing and good communication. That's all.

For example in Black Widow. I'm pretty sure almost all the decent clans know how trio plays in blackwidow, and still can't fully stop us.
  • I highly doubt you were ever in Marvel.[/QUOT

I never was, but i respected them. <3
  • Evestone wrote: »
    For example in Black Widow. I'm pretty sure almost all the decent clans know how trio plays in blackwidow, and still can't fully stop us.

Yeah, Trio never really did have set strats. Sometimes it drove me crazy and sometimes it worked brilliantly. You guys played really loose and it worked.
    Yeah, Trio never really did have set strats. Sometimes it drove me crazy and sometimes it worked brilliantly. You guys played really loose and it worked.

I dont have anough members to have a Stratagy... XD
    I dont have anough members to have a Stratagy... XD

hahahahaha :P
    I highly doubt you were ever in Marvel.[/QUOT

I never was, but i respected them. <3

fail quote :D
  • Thnx for all the input guys. Glad to see there are still a few playa's that remember the history. I also think cf in no longer in its golden era, but it may yet have another era like that. There are still alot of good players in this game, but in my opinion way too many clans- competition becomes too thin. If more pro's would consolidate to fewer clans the competition would be stiffer. BTW- your all welcome to join sLackerz- the pro's I mean. And I do remember Marvel, but mostly for their colorful clan logo- not for their awsome scrimming. Anyway good thread lots of good thoughts on the subject:)
  • Marvel was awsome, I remember when I chilled there, beff would invite players to FFA's, and he'd totallt outsnipe us all.

Was a while ago though.
  • Evestone wrote: »

Kill popz first, end of discussion.
  • PopZ on BL is bad. PopZ on GR is carry king.