UI Improvement

Introduction
Before I left CF, I was asked to help Slant cast a WOGL show match. It went quite poorly, I wasn't sure what was expected but I honestly wanted to be like “Yeah, WOGL-O is going to get rolled there really is not reason to even watch this” in fact I barely remember anything about it at all so I am assuming I just tried to block out all the bad memories. It also did not help Malte decided to crush face but hey, what do you expect?

The Problem
One thing I do remember however was how difficult it was. While it was clear I had no clue what I was doing and I am far better suited to other things the lack of information that CF provided stuck with me. Not only were many key instances in the match missed but also I found my self talking about key picks or plays made by individual players that were over looked and otherwise would have never been acknowledged even though they were pivotal in the outcome for the round.

In light of this lack of information I found a solution. Not only will this improve the game for individuals but also help grow the community and also give an important benchmarking tool.

The Solution

apmg.gif

As one can see what I believe should be put into the game is an APM counter. For those that are not aware APM stands for actions per a minute, essentially this is how much stuff you are doing to advance the position of your team at any moment. Clearly this is beneficial not only to players themselves but also commentators and potential sponsors.

Thoughts? I personally thing it looks quite nice and would be a great addition (if not necessary) for the game.

Comments

• lClypher wrote: »
    Introduction
    Before I left CF, I was asked to help Slant cast a WOGL show match. It went quite poorly, I wasn't sure what was expected but I honestly wanted to be like “Yeah, WOGL-O is going to get rolled there really is not reason to even watch this” in fact I barely remember anything about it at all so I am assuming I just tried to block out all the bad memories. It also did not help Malte decided to crush face but hey, what do you expect?

The Problem
    One thing I do remember however was how difficult it was. While it was clear I had no clue what I was doing and I am far better suited to other things the lack of information that CF provided stuck with me. Not only were many key instances in the match missed but also I found my self talking about key picks or plays made by individual players that were over looked and otherwise would have never been acknowledged even though they were pivotal in the outcome for the round.

In light of this lack of information I found a solution. Not only will this improve the game for individuals but also help grow the community and also give an important benchmarking tool.

The Solution

apmg.gif

As one can see what I believe should be put into the game is an APM counter. For those that are not aware APM stands for actions per a minute, essentially this is how much stuff you are doing to advance the position of your team at any moment. Clearly this is beneficial not only to players themselves but also commentators and potential sponsors.

Thoughts? I personally thing it looks quite nice and would be a great addition (if not necessary) for the game.

I think you may have confused our game with an RTS game (which is a completely different genre).
  • [GM]Hpx wrote: »
    I think you may have confused our game with an RTS game (which is a completely different genre).

No, APM is also very important in FPS shooters. You need to have high apm to be able to pull some BHOP, HS, then back to BHOP, then spin around and spray a whole clip of m12s.

In korea we want high APM to quick switch.
  • I think a lot of players may not quite understand the importance of quick switching between your main gun, and your knife/pistol (guessing its a carry over from other games which punish players for quick switching constantly while crouch jumping). When you watch top players (by that I mean non-foreigners) they are constantly altering not only their position but also their weapon.
  • I don't really see a usefull aspect here. There are a lot of noobs who just randomly push buttons and get a high APM value this way.

And the con: You could tell what someone is doing by reading his APM. Imagine you want to camp but you have you have to press random buttons all the time to increase your APM. I don't want that, do you?
  • Smagjus wrote: »
    I don't really see a usefull aspect here. There are a lot of noobs who just randomly push buttons and get a high APM value this way.

And the con: You could tell what someone is doing by reading his APM. Imagine you want to camp but you have you have to press random buttons all the time to increase your APM. I don't want that, do you?

ur a noob for camping!
  • What happened to this awesome idea? I am still waiting for APM to be implemented into this game. This will bring competitive play to a whole new level.

Oh wait this is CF-NA, they never have anything original. Copy+paste codes and translate is the best they can come up with.
  • I completely forgot about this thread and this needs to be implemented.